New Deco system in Guild Halls

I am mostly happy with the new abilities to scale and rotate.  I have not done a lot with it since I was playing the story.  Mostly I am looking forward to making a more wild looking forest with a great variety of tree sizes and maybe being able to make gabled roofs with the snow wedge and race pieces.

Not happy that they new update erased big pieces of my more complex buildings, enough that I will have to rebuild them again if I want them because too much was removed to be replaced without more effort than starting from scratch.

Very worried that there were no new guild hall decorations at all in this xpac so far.  I would have liked some of the new fall foliage trees or the ruins.  I hope this does not mean they will abandon guild halls altogether.

2 hours ago, Mattahood.9423 said:

Not happy that they new update erased big pieces of my more complex buildings, enough that I will have to rebuild them again if I want them because too much was removed to be replaced without more effort than starting from scratch.

uuuuuuhhhh haven't looked to see if my track is destroyed. shame shame anet!

1 hour ago, Cronospere.8143 said:

Only thing is.. where are the guild deco's? Cant they add decos to both homesteads and guilds? 

Most of the textures are the same. 

Best decorations btw arent available in homesteads btw.. 

Yea disappointed that there are no festival decs. I was looking forward to making Zephyr bridges and cities and decorating for halloween. Again denied my creativity potential and hoarding of all them festival of the four winds tokens for no reason(this year)! Are you telling me i have to wait another year to make Zephyr decs??? 😞 

I assume they are adding new festival decorations ("assume" mistake!!!), but i want the old ones too! I will be more disappointed if they add old ones as new homesteading decs during the festivals. Less work for them sure, but will come off in a completely different way to the players. 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Thanks 1

On 8/22/2024 at 10:23 AM, Cronospere.8143 said:

Only thing is.. where are the guild deco's? Cant they add decos to both homesteads and guilds? 

Most of the textures are the same. 

Best decorations btw arent available in homesteads btw.. 

My guess is that they will be sold inside of homestead recipe books during the holidays. Recipe books like the ones at the heart vendors.

If not that, they will probably just release them during the holidays into everyone's account.

6 hours ago, Mysty Meadows.1425 said:

Not that I have seen. But no need to remove and replace you can just adjust pieces as needed.

well if there is still the problem of accidental placement from a super far away position and you cant see where the decoration went. okay , wait there's xray mode now. forgot about that, but still 😄

especially if it more then 1 redo undo. if you want to go back several steps and look at how it was before then change yer mind and put it all back.

5 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

My guess is that they will be sold inside of homestead recipe books during the holidays. Recipe books like the ones at the heart vendors.

If not that, they will probably just release them during the holidays into everyone's account.

ohhhhh tricky anet, that sounds like them. grind more for tokens to buy old decoration recipes 😞

Edited by Kelly.7019

Posted (edited)

I used the new system for several hours tonight in our guild hall. It works well. I really like the "Bee" feature. It's so easy to use, and was sorely needed. It even buzzes lol

The multi axis rotate and scaling are my new favorite toys. I want to take all our SAB stuff and try making a floating island like Skywatch has. I figure it's a good challenge. I plan to invert the little hills (forget their name)  to emulate the rocky underneath. Then go from there. I think my next goofy thing to play with will be shrinking the huge Christmas presents. Loving scaling ascalonian trees in our Isle of Reflection GH.

Anet please add craftable cherry blossom trees. Steal them from the outpost in the shiverpeaks. Oh anyone wondering, snowmakers can be scaled larger and yes they make more snow lol

Edited by Mysty Meadows.1425