A Guide To Celestial Renegade: WvW's Premier Boonball Support Profession

Hello everyone. I've been working through a series of guide videos for the current four-support zerging meta of Firebrand, Renegade, Scourge, and your healer of choice. For this configuration, Renegade brings high Alacrity uptime, even after the Janthir nerf, allowing everybody else in your party to do whatever it is they do, just faster. Plus, you generate almost permanent Stability, can stack Resistance for 30 seconds while out of combat...Renegade is the glue that holds these squads together, and it's surprisingly easy to play. Check out this guide video for the details and specifics! 

https://youtu.be/xGxdma1kcqE

Edited by Sheff.4851
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Grey.3179 said:

Is this really a thing?

Yeah, many (but not all) squads that run a comp have been using Cele Firebrand // Cele Renegade // Cele Scourge and then whatever healer they want (usually Scrapper) as the backbone of each party in the squad, with a single high spike DPS profession per party (Mirage, Soulbeast, Berserker, Holosmith usually) to generate downs. Using both a Renegade and Scourge per party is one of the best ways to combat the insane boon uptime in the current meta, because they're support professions that also remove boons, and some groups even run a mix of DPS Scourge or a DPS Spellbreaker on top of that, for three boon removal professions per party.

Plus, Alacrity is extremely good. You'll run it anywhere that you can find it. If they nerf Renegade Alac too much, you'll see groups go back to Chronomancer as a support profession.

14 hours ago, Sheff.4851 said:

Plus, Alacrity is extremely good. You'll run it anywhere that you can find it. If they nerf Renegade Alac too much, you'll see groups go back to Chronomancer as a support profession.

Soon......it shall be time for the Alac Bladesworn to arise!!!! Warriors (and weebs) Rejoice!

On 8/26/2024 at 7:27 AM, Sheff.4851 said:

Renegade brings high Alacrity uptime, even after the Janthir nerf,

No

Before I could cover 100% upkeep, now it's 50%. I've about 7-8 sec without alac coverage.
(5 secs are enough to kill zerg.)

It's okish now.
Left the cool and fun zone to crippled class like engi or druid.

On 8/26/2024 at 7:27 AM, Sheff.4851 said:

and it's surprisingly easy to play

Mediocre

Try to have stabi ready when your commander calls for it and you just switched to deamon like 5 secs before to strip and pull

Timings need to be learnt and adjusted to changing situations and the leading style of the commander. Also placing the stabi road correctly isn't alway easy esp within sturcures like smc. I had it not only once that upon releasing the skill that it readjusted its path because we are moving and some stone, banner, overhang was suddenly interfering it... or the commander suddenly moving somewhere else. I mean for best result the ppl need to remain on the road since it pulses (stacking durance and stacks). How often do you have that happening? Me? When everybody is standing still at the lord or in front of something else. Corridors have a good chance for max benefit too.

And since you now have to time alac too or it runs out when your group needs it, it's easiness lost some of its easy.

• Confused 1

On 8/27/2024 at 3:32 AM, Sheff.4851 said:

Yeah, many (but not all) squads that run a comp have been using Cele Firebrand // Cele Renegade // Cele Scourge and then whatever healer they want (usually Scrapper) as the backbone of each party in the squad, with a single high spike DPS profession per party (Mirage, Soulbeast, Berserker, Holosmith usually) to generate downs. 

Remember how all the cele roamer threads were going "not an issue, cele is not used in zergs amd zergs is what wvw is all about".

Huh. Enjoy the cele diarthea in all of wvw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe to add a few general things (maybe I missed it). You can stack max swiftness by blasting your roads with mace 3 for your subgroup. Basically when OOO you're always blasting your roads.

You have 2 fire fields (sb4 and mace 2) you can blast for stacking might pre-fight if your squad is utilizing that for might pre-stacking.

Use your F2 only at max Kalla as you get might per stack.