Skiff vs Skimmer speed

Hello ! Do we have any data on their respective max speed ? Notably with the jade bot skiff boost that enhance its speed up to 30% more.

I'm trying to see if I should just not change my jade bot module, I just have a +20% speed for skiff and it does seem to be faster already.

I like the skiff speed module. Didn't know it exised until the festival of the winds and I saw some skiffs speeding away from me. Guess it is good for time trials/races but other than that not so sure. Still, it did get me a gold in the skiff time trial in festival of winds!

All I can say from playing experience... I easily got gold with the skimmer in the skiff adventure (north in second JW map). Didn't manage that with the skiff, trying 3 times.

Guess the more you can drive straight the better the skiff choice.

Yes. I also thought of the adventure in JW 2nd map. It mentions skiffs in the adventure's name but the rental guy rents skimmer instead and I did this on my 1st try. The adventures there seem way easie than on map 1. 😄

According to the link from Obnoxa even at full speed the skiff is slower than a skimmer - only if you use the turbo boost (which you can use regularly) it gets faster. But needs open space of course - and the need to not have to navigate too much. (Adventure that enforces skiff use also could make people use it - like in the Lybyrinthine Cliffs during the festival.) I think I mainly prefer the skimmer.

You can just mount up much faster - and go underwarter if needed. The skiff ... I barely use it. (I liked though that you can mount a non-water mount on it. They changed one mastery point near the naga village in Seitung to be on land -  cause it was a bit over the water where I thought it was intended cause you also could get it that way - standing on the skiff and interacting with it.)

I with there was kind of a thing that required to move somewhere with a skiff to be able to mount the aerial mount (or springer) to then get up. Where it would be impossible in any other way.

• Like 1

Skiff might have faster max speed, but it's also slower to accelerate, braking and turning, so in many cases still ends up being slower

(guessing some stats, just to visualize my point, if this was a racing game, where you are about to choose your vehicle)

Skimmer Stats

Top speed 8/10

Accelerating 10/10

Turning 10/10

Braking 10/10

Skiff Stats

Top Speed 10/10

Accelerating 3/10

Turning 5/10

Braking 3/10

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

i think there's a bit of a catch here: if there's someone else with you then the skiff is always the best option. unlike the other mounts the skimmer wasn't added in the other expansions besides path of fire, and someone may not be up to that point in the story regardless.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1