So. It happened huh?

DanAlcedo.3281

Instead of fixing the actual issues of Spear, they just crancked up the Numbers.

Go figure.

But looking at Snowcrows. Not Only did this Weapon kill GS on Berserker but also Hammer on Spellbreaker.

2 new Dead weapons i guess. Cool.

But the worst of all, Power Berserker and Quickness Power Berserker now are 2 different Builds. Each needing their own set of Gear.

Gotta sell these Build/Gear Template slots somehow!

With Greatswords only roll in being a Golem DpS Stick gone, can we now atleast make it fun to play? Like in Openworld?

Also seems like Hammer needs a buff now too huh?

Jesus, that next Balance Patch better be good. Been a while (years) since we had a good patch. As in, one that doesnt wanna make me smash my Head against a wall.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

Huh? Spear is amazing in PvE, with exception of Smash Brawler and Heat the Soul not giving enough of buff duration to compensate the longer cast time. And maybe that Wild Throw gets cancelled when enemy is too much to the side, but that isn't too bad  from my experience so far. The skills are really smooth and polished, no annoying aftercasts, everything feels good to use + no rooting is cherry on top. I just hope they won't overnerf the spear damage, especially in WvW. 😟

In PvE, buffing greatsword and hammer damages appropriately would be ideal solution, so everyone can pick their favorite with small dps differences. On the other hand, 46k dps performance is a bit too high. But then, what is the acceptable dps number for Anet for the current state of the game?

Edited by cryorion.9532
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Instead of fixing the actual issues of Spear, they just crancked up the Numbers.

Dan... They fixed Spearmarshal's Support, the root on Harrier's Toss, and all the weird mixed range jank. What is it that you feel like they didn't fix?

Go figure.

But looking at Snowcrows. Not Only did this Weapon kill GS on Berserker but also Hammer on Spellbreaker.

2 new Dead weapons i guess. Cool.

Yeah, but Decapitate is still a whole 30% of the Berserker benchmark so... Hopefully this gives a window for them to update GS...

But the worst of all, Power Berserker and Quickness Power Berserker now are 2 different Builds. Each needing their own set of Gear.

Gotta sell these Build/Gear Template slots somehow!

Meh, I don't buy those on principle.

With Greatswords only roll in being a Golem DpS Stick gone, can we now atleast make it fun to play? Like in Openworld?

Also seems like Hammer needs a buff now too huh?

GS needs updates sure, but Hammer may be better helped with trait changes.

Jesus, that next Balance Patch better be good. Been a while (years) since we had a good patch. As in, one that doesnt wanna make me smash my Head against a wall.

Be prepared for non-happiness. The PvP forums have their torches and pitchforks out because warrior got a new shiny again.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

@Lan Deathrider.5910

There is so much to say here but I'm to tired for that. It's also pointless. 

I know I never will get what I wish for in terms of Warrior balance. I know every single balance patch will be one disappointment after another for me. 

That the class I enjoy most is getting less fun every single opportunity Anet has. 

Year after year after year. 

But at least I have a reason now to slowly move away from Gw2. Taking it back. Taking it less seriously. 

Got myself a boyfriend. ❤️

With Spear and Janthir being a pretty bad Expack for me, I just don't enjoy playing the game anymore. Atleast not as much that I would log in everyday. 

I'm just sad that the enjoyment I had once has crumbled away enough to me not giving a kitten anymore. 

I'm sorry for being so negative. 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Lan Deathrider.5910

There is so much to say here but I'm to tired for that. It's also pointless. 

I know I never will get what I wish for in terms of Warrior balance. I know every single balance patch will be one disappointment after another for me. 

That the class I enjoy most is getting less fun every single opportunity Anet has. 

Year after year after year. 

But at least I have a reason now to slowly move away from Gw2. Taking it back. Taking it less seriously. 

With Spear and Janthir being a pretty bad Expack for me, I just don't enjoy playing the game anymore. Atleast not as much that I would log in everyday. 

I'm just sad that the enjoyment I had once has crumbled away enough to me not giving a kitten anymore. 

It's ok to take breaks, and I hope you find happiness with your partner. Don't spend too much time thinking too hard about the issues of the game, because some of them will never get resolved, it will seriously hinder your enjoyment of it ^^

@DanAlcedo.3281 you know that you can simply just play with wild blow and Go for GS instead of spear right?  At least when it comes to Berserker 

For spellbreaker Hammer  Defence should also be a bit buffed dmg wise with rune of claw ^^ so all old Builds still working but a bit different. Its only that they not best in slot anymore but thats all xd

Edited by Myror.7521

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Nice. I'm happy for you. 

8 hours ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Nah, don't be sorry. Sounds like you may be due for a break. You have a new partner afterall, so go enjoy that bliss for a bit.

6 hours ago, Jobber.6348 said:

Me twiddling my thumbs wondering when they're gonna make Hundred Blades better because Sword's Flurry is literally a better Hundred Blades.

I bet they won't. They really like that animation. The best solution to 100B is to reduce the cast time to 2s or 2.5s.

You know how mesmer's sword2 is used defensively because of the Diversion? 100B could use a treatment like that, maybe generating aegis or at least prot.... 

As of hammer, I feel like the skills are good but the animations are very bland and hard to read. Every other spec that uses hammer have at least one leap with a big bonk at the end, but the warrior, the weaponmaster, can only swing it lightly, what's up with that? It makes no sense that the hardest hitting skill swings the hammer upwards, instead of using the weight on the weapon..

1 hour ago, Rocker.2906 said:

You know how mesmer's sword2 is used defensively because of the Diversion? 100B could use a treatment like that, maybe generating aegis or at least prot.... 

I second this. Make it destroy all projectiles during cast. 

2 hours ago, Rocker.2906 said:

People would cry at more mitigation, but if we can get away with it, sure. 

I'm a fan of "hits reset cds of greatsword skills" myself

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261