PvP afk players

On 8/30/2024 at 2:56 PM, Andy.5981 said:

Perhaps you need to take a look at the GW2 Code of conduct, which can be found at https://www.arena.net/en/legal/code-of-conduct (updated on 13th June 2024) specifically section 23. 

A player malciously going AFK is not actively participating in good faith and therefore breaches the code of conduct.

Wow, if only the Top 10 knew this.  

Oh wait...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Firebaall.5127 said:

Remove all rewards for losing...

If you want players to stop abusing the mechanics, remove the incentive to do so.

Rewarding players for losing is a slippery slope, when the game mode isn't moderated or the rules aren't being enforced.

The rewards "for losing" are not aspirational, they are progression markers, and the vast majority of PvP games have them. Think of the XP in League of Legends (which rewards Blue Essences that you use to purchase characters and is the "main currency" for every player sans skins). There is no sense removing pips and/or reward track progression because both of them are only tied to time spent in the game mode and not at all to performance - any bonus for performance is rather incidental and actually acts as the incentive you're talking about. If anything we should leave loss gains as they are and increase even more the rewards for winning following the logic of incentive. But the reality is there is a lot of issues with moderation and enforcing rules like you said. And there is no way around fixing it without actually moderating it. No change in the reward structure will make the players not cheat and/or AFK if it's so easy to do, as being easy to cheat is in itself the greatest incentive to such people.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

people who afk whole the time kn matches should uninstall the game, best for everyone

Last night I was playing a match and I saw 3 of my teammates run past home when it was capped by the enemy. Can you guess what I did? Go on, I'll let you answer that. 🥴🥴

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Barabbas.8715 said:

Last night I was playing a match and I saw 3 of my teammates run past home when it was capped by the enemy. Can you guess what I did? Go on, I'll let you answer that. 🥴🥴

you finally deleted your characters you played on

• Haha 2

On 9/6/2024 at 2:52 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

gz idc anymore about this conv

The issue with people like these is them blaming the player, when it's the system that's flawed.

Implementing means to encourage players to engage rather than going afk might just push things in the right direction, but no - it's not exactly news that pvp communities are full of toxic, ignorant players who cannot think beyond their limited frame of reality.

• Thanks 3

On 8/29/2024 at 5:24 PM, MarkoGold.7126 said:

dude standing still is not against tos, for example if a team i was on was lossing 300 to 10 there is no point trying in that match for nothing. and for sure if they introduced an annoying tracking sistem i would be the first to never go to pvp again, and pvp is barelly holding on. 

cool, so id be glad if players like you didn't pvp ever again. seems like a win.

On 9/7/2024 at 11:46 AM, Barabbas.8715 said:

Consider this: I am on the GW2 official forums BRAGGING about going AFK in sPVP. I'm not banned, I'm not suspended, I'm still here. Think about that. 🥴🥴

This is precisely the reason i made a post about this. Because it is insane to ask them to have mods spending hours monitoring PvP but if it could be coded the same way point loss was it would prob take a chunk of time to set up but then zero time and monitoring afterward. Then we would finally see the toxic players fall into bronze where they belong and or quit due to huge time penalties.

On 9/4/2024 at 10:05 PM, Barabbas.8715 said:

See this is why the "reporting AFK" thing is difficult to discern who is the real culprit.

Example:

• You see your 3 players run past home and ignore 1 thief capping the node.
  • You go AFK, knowing your team is either 1) too inexperienced to play, 2) straight up bots, or 3) Blatantly throwing on purpose. Either way, the match is unwinnable, so you go AFK because the next 10 minutes of your time will be better spent making a sandwich or putting laundry into the washer, than watching or playing alongside of 4 guys who are going to get spawned camped and farmed in a 500 to 0 match.
  • But when you go AFK, someone says: "Report Barabbas for AFK", and maybe a couple of them actually do.

It's like a moral disparity.

For me, I'll keep playing in a bad match so long as my players can at least get back to a node and present some kind contestation. But if they're getting spawn camped dude, and/or don't care to go to the node in general, I'll AFK to go next faster. And imo, those players should be targeted for AFK reports, not me. Because 9/10 times when players are performing that badly, it's either bots or purposeful win trading. It's true.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

See this is why the "reporting AFK" thing is difficult to discern who is the real culprit.

Example:

• You go AFK, knowing your team is either 1) too inexperienced to play, 2) straight up bots, or 3) Blatantly throwing on purpose. Either way, the match is unwinnable, so you go AFK because the next 10 minutes of your time will be better spent making a sandwich or putting laundry into the washer, than watching or playing alongside of 4 guys who are going to get spawned camped and farmed in a 500 to 0 match.
  • But when you go AFK, someone says: "Report Barabbas for AFK", and maybe a couple of them actually do.

For me, I'll keep playing in a bad match so long as my players can at least get back to a node and present some kind contestation. But if they're getting spawn camped dude, and/or don't care to go to the node in general, I'll AFK to go next faster. And imo, those players should be targeted for AFK reports, not me. Because 9/10 times when players are performing that badly, it's either bots or purposeful win trading. It's true.

exactly, also if the players are bad at pvp they will never realise this and instead blame others.

• Like 2

On 9/17/2024 at 5:19 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Example:

The moral disparity is thinking that the only matches worth playing are the ones you are getting carried by your team. Again, it's a PvP environment. 50% of the players involved WILL be getting a loss. Should they always afk after the first lost fight too?  

To answer your question, in this particular situation you should be getting out there and trying to improve your gameplay, even if you're not winning. If you're not like top10, I'd assume there's lot of room for improvement, which means your time could be spent more productively playing than afk'ing. But sure, wait afk for an easy match next time so you can finally play. 🙂 You guys are looking for easy wins instead of striving to get better, that's why you'll always be left dissatisfied at a losing match.

• Confused 2

On 9/4/2024 at 10:05 PM, Barabbas.8715 said:

You avoided it to, thus wasting the time of the enemy warrior who was sitting there?