Woad Armor

Just now, Cernoch.8524 said:

The last chest is indeed missing any information about whats inside unlike other chests. But generally skins are always in the last box.

But weird is that WvW and PvP always had same track for each expansion (usually only 1 track lately) which means track in PvP should have the armor too no? But then it would not be exclusive from WvW....strange. I did not check PvP tracks so I am not sure.

I just checked and PVP does indeed have the same track, so I assume it is also obtainable through that. So, I guess everyone except PVE players get to cheer lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

I just checked and PVP does indeed have the same track, so I assume it is also obtainable through that. So, I guess everyone except PVE players get to cheer lol 

Or PvP track does not have the same armor 😁.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Yes, PvP track lets you pick from Woad armor skin, Full Moon weapon, Ursan Ornamented and new relics, just like WvW track.

That's weird. WvW exclusives do happen, but they are never in tracks tied to PvE expansion/maps. Those tracks generally give access to skins obtained from map metas/expansion collections. That would be the first time it is done differently- and very counterintuitive.

I know, i know, Anet and consistency do not go well together, but it's still a very weird decision to make.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

That's weird. WvW exclusives do happen, but they are never in tracks tied to PvE expansion/maps. Those tracks generally give access to skins obtained from map metas/expansion collections. That would be the first time it is done differently- and very counterintuitive.

I know, i know, Anet and consistency do not go well together, but it's still a very weird decision to make.

Absolutely agree, it is indeed a bit weird. When I heard there will be exclusive set from WvW I thought we will be able to buy it for tickets or something, not through reward track.

• Like 1

There should always be an alternate way to acquire Weapons, Armor, Backpacks.

Gating them behind PvP, WvW, Fractals, Strike Missions just throws people who don't want to play those formats (or play very badly) into places they have NO reason to be there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

36 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Yes, PvP track lets you pick from Woad armor skin, Full Moon weapon, Ursan Ornamented and new relics, just like WvW track.

thanks for finding that out! also, you said pvp potions? is there something like that for WvW, or in general, how can I make it go by faster?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

I kind of thought the Titanplate armor would be the WvW one. 😕 It makes little sense that Titanplate instead of Woad (which the kodan are wearing) is bought from heart vendors.

completely agree, I would have assumed Titanplate was WvW exclusive if you showed me all 3 and had me guess. Woad makes no sense, such a confusing decision. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'm really hoping its a mistake and there is supposed to be a PVE way to obtain it...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

thanks for finding that out! also, you said pvp potions? is there something like that for WvW, or in general, how can I make it go by faster?

There are no potions anymore since SotO, I just have them hoarder from before, PvP and WvW ones. Now you can only make it faster by stacking WvW reward track boosters.

• Sad 1

I dislike wvw and pvp. I am a gosh darn Rp'er i dont belong in a competetive scenario! XD

Anyway, i'll suffer through it if its the only method, but i will ONLY run dollies and run away from fights. Anyone who says that wvw needs incentives to play it must understand that if the mode was fun and interesting, people would play it without those incentives. GoB already is a pain. Having to grind out a reward track 18 times is on the verge of madness imo. 

Also, my vote goes to making all modes give all rewards. That way pve'er can pve, wvwers can wvw and pvpers can pvp 

• Like 7
  • Confused 4

5 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

I dislike wvw and pvp. I am a gosh darn Rp'er i dont belong in a competetive scenario! XD

Anyway, i'll suffer through it if its the only method, but i will ONLY run dollies and run away from fights. Anyone who says that wvw needs incentives to play it must understand that if the mode was fun and interesting, people would play it without those incentives. GoB already is a pain. Having to grind out a reward track 18 times is on the verge of madness imo. 

Also, my vote goes to making all modes give all rewards. That way pve'er can pve, wvwers can wvw and pvpers can pvp 

Yea not sure pvers would like all those resources it takes to implement 95% of the rewards in the other two modes tho.

REEEE were is our conent Janet?

Why do you waste resources when you already have made the 2% skins availiable in pve already come on devs chop chop.

• Confused 5

11 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

yeah... im not tryna knock wvw but ive been doing it for the last half hour and i already want to give up lol

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea not sure pvers would like all those resources it takes to implement 95% of the rewards in the other two modes tho.

REEEE were is our conent Janet?

Why do you waste resources when you already have made the 2% skins availiable in pve already come on devs chop chop.

I don't think making more reward tracks would require as much resources as you imply it would.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Perhaps the devs see it as some sort of consolation for WvWers having their abilities reset, having their Warclaw key binds broken, and having a primarily WvW mount be converted to being primarily PvE?

I'm not defending such a position but I could imagine a meeting where someone said, "Well we really should throw WvW a bone after what we are planning to do."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

Time to play WvW, it is fun, trust me 😉.

In one video from someone who got early access to try JW he said it will be WvW exclusive so my guess is it is intented. For now.

Is not fun (for me) already had to go through that 4 times or 5 to get the freaking legendary item for the weapons... why forcing people into a game style they don't enjoy it jsut ruins the experience for everyone... for the ones who enjoy doing WvW as they are stuck with people that do not want to be there and would not waste resources and would rather be doing anything else but that...  that can be just afking  a slong as they keep the timer up (I do that, and watch youtube videos). also taking spots in a map for people that actually wanna do things

and its a very odd decision to make the most "relevant" armor to the expansion tied to wvw... the Titan and the polycrhomatic are just random skins...but the woad is tocmpletely tied to the zone, so feels REALLY weird for it to be the one not tied to janthir

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, alastor.4691 said:

and its a very odd decision to make the most "relevant" armor to the expansion tied to wvw... the Titan and the polycrhomatic are just random skins...but the woad is tocmpletely tied to the zone, so feels REALLY weird for it to be the one not tied to janthir

That I completely agree with, it is weird.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cookimyun.4316 said:

yeah... im not tryna knock wvw but ive been doing it for the last half hour and i already want to give up lol

Feel you there

8 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

That I completely agree with, it is weird.

My only hope its that is tied as an extyra purchase you can do on the hearts if you get them to max rannk but nothing has seemed to change after going from rank 1 to rank 2 so loosing a bit of hope there

• Like 1
  • Confused 2