Dragon Slash in PvP (damage etc)

Zoid.2568

Sooo I have been looking at damage numbers of Dragon Slash in PvP and it does half the damage of Arc Divider for example.

Arc Divider has a cast time of 3/4s, super difficult to dodge and does double the damage of a skill that takes 3 seconds to fully charge unless you slot the elite skill Tactical Reload, which then makes Dragon Slash fully charge in 1.5 seconds but still does half the damage of Arc Divider, still more than 0.75 seconds longer cast time than Arc Divider AND the very telegraphed skill that Dragon Slash is , still easy to dodge and you are stationary. 

I'd say increase the damage of Dragon Slash by 2.5x, so it does 50% more damage than Arc Divider in PvP. Dragon Slash has too many weknesses to be so low damage.

ArenaNet, please look into this and buff the Bladesworn or rework Dragon Slash. This is not working...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DT charge abilities are a dead horse. They'll never do the dmg they technically deserve, cause everyone will moan to no end that they are getting one shot.

Arc divider dmg comes in 2 hits (more? no idea, I get hit by the first and dodge the rest on autopilot or die on the 2nd hit) and it comes from a power zerk running GS. I.e. something that gets focused and deleted, or at least gets tons of CCs and condies vomited on.

Bladesworn still can build for solid sustain, in comparison.

So ugh, yeah. There was plenty of feedback about a spec that was dead by design for competitive. They pushed the numbers, made the usual bunker (well, unusual really, cause not that many power bunkers), then nerfed them and you got the current state. There were enough people on the forum going "oh you nay sayers, bladesworn will be / is amazing". Thank them too, I guess.

53 minutes ago, Hotride.2187 said:

DT charge abilities are a dead horse. They'll never do the dmg they technically deserve, cause everyone will moan to no end that they are getting one shot.

Arc divider dmg comes in 2 hits (more? no idea, I get hit by the first and dodge the rest on autopilot or die on the 2nd hit) and it comes from a power zerk running GS. I.e. something that gets focused and deleted, or at least gets tons of CCs and condies vomited on.

So ugh, yeah. There was plenty of feedback about a spec that was dead by design for competitive. They pushed the numbers, made the usual bunker (well, unusual really, cause not that many power bunkers), then nerfed them and you got the current state. There were enough people on the forum going "oh you nay sayers, bladesworn will be / is amazing". Thank them too, I guess.

Arc divider is one hit now.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I do get plenty sustain when I play Bladesworn but I have to sacrifice like 15% damage and also Berserker and Spellbreaker can sustain just as good if played right, if you can time your abillities. Dragon Slash is a big dps loss compared to Berserker adrenaline skills, Arc Divider does double the damage and is almost instant and does aoe around, not in front. I almost never use Dragon Slash in pvp because it's a dps loss and in many situations enemy can kill you while you charge Dragon Slash.

They should add a mirage blur/evade to when you actually use Dragon Trigger and how long it will last dependent on how long the slash was charged for.

Which is really just a way to make charging worth it. I know the might stacks are supposed to make it worth it but it really doesn't, not with the needed positioning and root animation.

And it doesn't have to be mirage blur/evade, it can be stability, short daze, knockback or pull - literally anything to make the anime-charge-power-for-a-whole-episode thing worth it.

About Bladesworn, to me the trait that gives Alac and less charges is the answer. Make it hit a little harder (6k~8k when fully charged in zerks), so we can use this mechanic that defines the ESpec more frequently and also be helpful without one-shotting anyone.  

7 hours ago, Rocker.2906 said:

About Bladesworn, to me the trait that gives Alac and less charges is the answer. Make it hit a little harder (6k~8k when fully charged in zerks), so we can use this mechanic that defines the ESpec more frequently and also be helpful without one-shotting anyone.  

A fully charged Dragon Slash should do 9-10k when fully specced into crit damage if it takes 3 seconds to charge. In 3 seconds on a berserker I can dish out probably 20-25k. Dragon Slash has a long cooldown, not reliable to hit enemies (slow animation) and you can easily get CCd, so because of this it needs higher damage OR make it an instant attack that competes with Arc Divider, but then it would lose it flair and become just another Arc Divider.

1 hour ago, Zoid.2568 said:

A fully charged Dragon Slash should do 9-10k when fully specced into crit damage if it takes 3 seconds to charge. In 3 seconds on a berserker I can dish out probably 20-25k. Dragon Slash has a long cooldown, not reliable to hit enemies (slow animation) and you can easily get CCd, so because of this it needs higher damage OR make it an instant attack that competes with Arc Divider, but then it would lose it flair and become just another Arc Divider.

Yeah I don't agree that it's comparable to Arc Divider because when you start the charge you still have the option to Aegis, a short teleport, or even a ranged option if the target ports away. In that same note I don't think it's comparable to the berserker damage either because that tends to come in many hits which the receiving end didn't dodge or used some damage mitigation tool for, while the slash comes in just one hit. It's fundamentally very unfun to play against in PvP, and not very fun to charge as the bladesworn itself. Very tricky to balance I'd guess.

On 9/4/2024 at 1:28 PM, Verdict is Vengence.6912 said:

They should add a mirage blur/evade to when you actually use Dragon Trigger and how long it will last dependent on how long the slash was charged for.

Which is really just a way to make charging worth it. I know the might stacks are supposed to make it worth it but it really doesn't, not with the needed positioning and root animation.

And it doesn't have to be mirage blur/evade, it can be stability, short daze, knockback or pull - literally anything to make the anime-charge-power-for-a-whole-episode thing worth it.

I can vibe with Dragon Trigger being more of a meditation state where the Bladesworn can enter to gain immense defensive and evasion abilities. The whole charging thing does feel very zen-like and with a state of heightened awareness, the player being able to reduce and avoid damage would be an amazing gameplay beat.

Maybe if they give Bladesworn their weapon burst back then have Dragon trigger as a 2nd burst like Fullcounter, it could work. 

Merge Trigger Guard and Flicker Step, granting the Aegis when you use Flicker Step. Flicker Step is now more like a dash that evades as you move, then grant Aegis. 

Blocking or Evading an attack during the charging process will increase the final damage by 10% or something, up to a bonus 50% damage. Then you unleash it. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 4:31 PM, Zoid.2568 said:

Sooo I have been looking at damage numbers of Dragon Slash in PvP and it does half the damage of Arc Divider for example.

Arc Divider has a cast time of 3/4s, super difficult to dodge and does double the damage of a skill that takes 3 seconds to fully charge unless you slot the elite skill Tactical Reload, which then makes Dragon Slash fully charge in 1.5 seconds but still does half the damage of Arc Divider, still more than 0.75 seconds longer cast time than Arc Divider AND the very telegraphed skill that Dragon Slash is , still easy to dodge and you are stationary. 

I'd say increase the damage of Dragon Slash by 2.5x, so it does 50% more damage than Arc Divider in PvP. Dragon Slash has too many weknesses to be so low damage.

ArenaNet, please look into this and buff the Bladesworn or rework Dragon Slash. This is not working...

bump