This expac is omega doomed

On 9/9/2024 at 1:13 AM, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

It's not about casual vs. veteran players. Nobody is creating content about Janthir Wilds because after visiting the map once and finishing the story, you've seen everything. Nobody is coming back. Janthir Wilds has almost no impact on the game, it's transparent content.

I really think you do not understand what casual mean. Casual players do not search anything about game out of game itself, they are not in forums, they do not read patch notes, they play few hours per week and so on. GW2 is designed for casual players and best example for it is gear progression. Now having majority of population as casual players there is very limited amount of ppl to watch any content and that mean most content creates ignore it. Like why would you stream or create content for game like that? 

How many ppl stream or create content for mobile games? Populations for these games are massive compare to any PC game with most players being casual players not going out of their game. GW2 is kind of similar to that. No matter content GW2 devs create in future there will be almost no viewers for GW2 or content in general.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

we will see if the next package brings a new house but i doubt it. It will be sad if 1) they don't introduce any new homes and 2) if it takes a full year-(new xpac) to do so like guild halls. BE DIFFERENT ANET! make a whole ecosystem around homesteading like it shoulda been in the first place!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2024 at 12:26 PM, TheNurgle.4825 said:

I really think you do not understand what casual mean. Casual players do not search anything about game out of game itself, they are not in forums, they do not read patch notes, they play few hours per week and so on. GW2 is designed for casual players and best example for it is gear progression. Now having majority of population as casual players there is very limited amount of ppl to watch any content and that mean most content creates ignore it. Like why would you stream or create content for game like that? 

How many ppl stream or create content for mobile games? Populations for these games are massive compare to any PC game with most players being casual players not going out of their game. GW2 is kind of similar to that. No matter content GW2 devs create in future there will be almost no viewers for GW2 or content in general.

U guys keep repeating "casual" but idk if u actually know wtf casual means, "muh it's not casual if it's tab action gear based game" bruh what???

Also gw2 was designed for combat, gear is because competetive mode normalisation, they tried to push it for long time before folding the bag, I blame dev turnover for this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

20 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

U guys keep repeating "casual" but idk if u actually know wtf casual means, "muh it's not casual if it's tab action gear based game" bruh what???

Also gw2 was designed for combat, gear is because competetive mode normalisation, they tried to push it for long time before folding the bag, I blame dev turnover for this.

Please stop. Casual does not define game complexity. Casual players term always describe ppl playing any type of game irregularly with their limited time. Casual players are with us from first video games. You have casual players in Elden ring and Candy crush saga. Also when we stopped knowing meaning of words?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1