How to Nerf Spear/Spb Without Killing it. (Pvp/wvw)

Yerlock.4678

1 hour ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Oh, so now it's 18k. Please post screenshot showing this damage, I would like to see it.

Spear is fine, you just got skill checked, that's all.

They've been doing that on the PvP forums. Some 25k F1s in there. All meme Signet builds though, so they're going to get spear nerfed when it's Signet Mastery driving the damage. Bait and switch going on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

They've been doing that on the PvP forums. Some 25k F1s in there. All meme Signet builds though, so they're going to get spear nerfed when it's Signet Mastery driving the damage. Bait and switch going on.

Ok, listen, you can pump up the damage to 25k. That's when you go to the meme side of things, but it means the coefficient is HIGH. You leave the realm of memes and go back to reality, harrier toss still erases 8k of your HP bar every 6s and it's an evade too; you add spearmarshal support, that's 10k bypassing aegis (since it's multihit). Those are memes, but if you think we should be talking about "5% damage nerfs" you're out of your mind.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Ok, listen, you can pump up the damage to 25k. That's when you go to the meme side of things, but it means the coefficient is HIGH. You leave the realm of memes and go back to reality, harrier toss still erases 8k of your HP bar every 6s and it's an evade too; you add spearmarshal support, that's 10k bypassing aegis (since it's multihit). Those are memes, but if you think we should be talking about "5% damage nerfs" you're out of your mind.

1) I haven't been talking about "5% damage nerfs" so please don't redirect that BS towards me, okay?

2) 8k on a full glass build is acceptable. We can debate the evade needing to be there though.

3) Spearmarshal can be almost completely negated once it begins with use of blocks, dodges, evades, and invulns (*gives a flat stare to the mesmer enjoyer*) so it doing 10k on a glass build is also acceptable to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

DEFENSE SPB FULL GLASS?!?

See this link 👇

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

@Terrorhuz.4695 an entire thread about a build that ...... can not do what you just said 

Ohhhh noooo  exposed xD

If you do not trust me just Play it urself 

The actually warrior oneshot build. I call it midfighter cause it can not realy good stay alife solo mode xd

15 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

DEFENSE SPB FULL GLASS?!?

I've not been hit for 8k by it from defense SPBs and I run zerk and have no protection on. And there are a loooooooooooot of defense SPBs running spear, I would have noticed it. Though maybe its a 1v1 thing, defense struggles to pump up might. Maybe buffed in team fights it does go to 8k. Could also be me evading most CCs, so attackers insight doesnt stack high.

Anyway, I'm guessing spear will get nerfed either way, Anet has done this to every new weapon overperforming on even a single build. From my POV the dmg on SPB is w/e, the main difference is that its at range. The builds that take minutes to kill 2v1, while they sit on the node, are my problem.

Edited by Hotride.2187
  • Thanks 1