Shouldn't (land) spears be 1-hand weapons, and (land) tridents be 2-hand weapons?

All the spears I've tried in-game are yielded with 1-hand, which got me to think that spears are relatively light. Tridents, with their bigger pointy ends, are heavier than spears. If land tridents ever become a thing, they will be 2-hand weapons. So, shouldn't spears be 1-hand weapons?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

They are cast one handed yes which makes them seem odd, but they have a full range of skills which makes them much better than a traditional 1h which would be 3 + a sep offhand. I think the spears have better meaning and more impact this way. It's prob easier to balance as well given the number of offhand combos across classes - none of which are consistent

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

What a great arguement...

Spear in gw2 is a two handed weapon, there's no any "should" for op to randomly change it into one handed weapon. You're welcome.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, CAA.9653 said:

All the spears I've tried in-game are yielded with 1-hand, which got me to think that spears are relatively light. Tridents, with their bigger pointy ends, are heavier than spears. If land tridents ever become a thing, they will be 2-hand weapons. So, shouldn't spears be 1-hand weapons?

No, both are two handed weapons; regardless of how they are treated in their animations or with any real life aspects you might attach to them.

in-game the main difference between tridents and spears is one is a ranged weapon, and one is a melee weapon

• Like 1