Will there be an armor rework, especially for female charr?

I've mostly played fem charr over the years but never one that uses heavy armor. I'm so sad my brand new Revenant looks absolutely terrible with almost all big shoulder armor pieces. Decade's End , Mistward, Seven Reapers; the list goes on its crazy distracting. Usually I can ignore weird positioning of melee weapons on the body and such but not this. Feel I'm stuck with tiny shoulderpads that are not so impressive. I've never seen so many floaty armor pieces on any other race or am I wrong?  What's your experiences? I doubt that many people play female charr at the end of the day to warrant the time to fix this (I hope I'm wrong) but makes me want to shelve this character. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Personally, I'm rather disappointed with the apparent lack of effort when it comes to their cosmetics in general.  Notice how their tails interact with the cloth parts of their cultural armor unless there's a gap for their tails to stick out of?  Also, notice how some of the boots have actual toe slots instead of their toes simply sticking out in a way that makes no sense?  Heck, the same can be said for their tails as well because how many times have you seen them magically sticking out in ways that also don't make sense?  Unfortunately, this is an issue that's basically as old as the game itself so...

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Doggie.3184 said:

I waited a long time for that for my male Sylvari (most things are oversized and stretched on them on top of the fact there's a huge lack of planty skins beyond racial) till finally giving up upon EoD launch and went male Human.

I could never give up on my male sylvari ranger but it's true that I've been rotating the same few skins for ten years (with one or two new pieces over the time) and it's kinda frustrating. Because when I finally find something looking decent from the front view, it's almost sure to look hideous from the side.

As for shoulders, on those I gave up long ago.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

Samus Aran would sympathize.  She either has pauldrens each larger than her head or a jumpsuit that offers no protection.

I probably didn't word my post properly, but although a lot of those big shoulder pieces can be a bit oversized its more that they basically float on the shoulders so much you can't really hide it but yeah I sure wouldn't mind if they were slightly smaller regardless. 

Edited by aedra.8361

And let's not forget horns!
Much like with Asura and their ears, on older headpieces, horns quite often get excised altogether 😞

I also find that unlike all the other races (well, except maybe Asura; they're all much of a muchness and not really inspiring), Charr racial armour sets are quite lacking. There are many sets that are just a mess and don't convey any feeling of unified, cultural expression, and the pieces generally don't mix and match well. On my Charr necro, I even find that the lowest tier is the best of a bad bunch.
I mean, for the love of Rox, one top tier cultural set doesn't even properly accommodate tails!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/b/b0/Magus_armor_charr_female_back.jpg/408px-Magus_armor_charr_female_back.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/9/9c/Magus_armor_charr_male_back.jpg/417px-Magus_armor_charr_male_back.jpg

That's just AWFUL. One hundred and nineteen gold, and not even a hole for a tail! it just clips through!

Edit:
There's also a key problem with the core design of the Charr; I know I'm straying close to dreaded "realism" here, and admittedly, this feature really does make the race stand out, but...
Predators don't have horns.

This one's just a bit of fun, and I am in no way suggesting that Charr horns should be removed; but it is purely "rule of cool" than plausible from an evolutionary perspective.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Feeling horny.

7 hours ago, aedra.8361 said:

I doubt that many people play female charr at the end of the day to warrant the time to fix this (I hope I'm wrong)

According to GW2 Efficiency, Female Charr is by far the least played of all combinations.

7 hours ago, aedra.8361 said:

Feel I'm stuck with tiny shoulderpads that are not so impressive.

And here I thought shoulder pads on Charr where exaggerated and cumbersome in their design, more like spectacle for a party costume rather than practical combat armor.

• Confused 1

If this is about the Shoulder pieces etc seeming "Visually floaty"... Well, It was either that or more clipping issue's.

Such armor pieces are fixated on a "Special Framework" if you will that allows for swapping various armor pieces with ease without causing to much clipping issues etc. To rework all armor pieces to be fixated on completely unique Frameworks just to make it look less floaty is too much work and not worth the hassle.

Charr and Norn have biggest shoulder pieces of all races.

Even this?.... are you sure that can be classified as tiny?

The Charr have an unique physique compared to the other races which have a more generic humanoid framework.

They had to make compromises with the armors to preserve that.

Also... as an Ash legion; i find these horns very useful ! Their pointy ends have been coated with a neurotoxin substance. Very useful to poke a few Separatists.

Some Iron Legion soldiers even have turned their horns into concealed mini cannons.

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607