October 8 Balance Update Preview

Joie.6084

Just now, daw.4923 said:

well if you had kp acc we could know that you not lying now could we. now you are just big bubble which is about to splat... oh wait i already did that by figuring out that you have no kp acc.

by definition of KP im better than 99% ppl in this game.

Alright, well, as a scrubby little know nothing, who is worse at the game than you. I am gonna keep listening to what the actually popular pillars of the community say on my road to improve and keep bringing supports that can...support. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

So you're a toxic player

And that's it

yes im toxic bcs i know what im talking about since im doing cms fractals,strikes,raids daily for like ... decade?

and all i hear from you hscg pepooo is how you loosing most broken ability in the game,which carried thousands of groups which had no clue about single mechanic and failed them all. this skill should have been removed month after scg was released and no1 would care, you got used to it and its gonna hurt now. but every loss brings something new, maybe they will finally put your barrier uptime on levels which makes sense and add you one aegis and one stab on some skill.

• Confused 10

2 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

Alright, well, as a scrubby little know nothing, who is worse at the game than you. I am gonna keep listening to what the actually popular pillars of the community say on my road to improve and keep bringing supports that can...support. 

I would love LOVE to see which content you cant do on HSCG.... all i hear is crying about boons,but those boons can be provided by other supports! can you imagine! YOU MAKE YOUR COMP TO FULLFILL YOUR NEEDS! and you can take SKILLS! from other classes! can you imagine! herald will take DWARF AND YOU HAVE 10 PPL STAB! can you imagine!

I actually dont believe that you ppl even play the game on any level pass beginner. HSCG is best healer in the game PERIOD,  I would take 2x HSCG over any other healer in any content that's how broken they are currently.

those small issues with lacking boons can be easily fixed with matching him with qherald. (not having qherald is self report btw)

• Confused 8

Just now, daw.4923 said:

I would love LOVE to see which content you cant do on HSCG.... all i hear is crying about boons,but those boons can be provided by other supports! can you imagine! YOU MAKE YOUR COMP TO FULLFILL YOUR NEEDS! and you can take SKILLS! from other classes! can you imagine! herald will take DWARF AND YOU HAVE 10 PPL STAB! can you imagine!

I actually dont believe that you ppl even play the game on any level pass beginner. HSCG is best healer in the game PERIOD,  I would take 2x HSCG over any other healer in any content that's how broken they are currently.

those small issues with lacking boons can be easily fixed with matching him with qherald. (not having qherald is self report btw)

Hey, what other support? Are we solo healing the group or do we get our boons from the other supports in this bespoke group made for us? I don't care if you and your bud two man CM Cerus, you do not represent the majority of players. Basicaly every single guide says two heals, focus on stab and prot.

End of the day, your are self admittedly toxic, your ego is massive and every post you have if belittling and insulting  those of us that you disagree with at this point. I'll not be interacting with you any more as you do not have the ability, or desire one, to behave yourself with even an iota of decency.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, daw.4923 said:

Bro, I’m sorry but you didnt realize the point which is has been evolved over years. 

Best healer doesn’t mean heal per second any more. 
1- You need to provide one of the major boons (alacrity or quickness) 

2- You need to provide perma 25 might, protection, swiftness, regen, vigor, etc

3- You need to do burst heal when your sub group needed because heal is not needed everytime. 

4- Stability and aegis. For me aegis is not life and death issue but stability is. A build which cannot access group stability everytime group needs is not even good healer/support for me. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, Shade.8037 said:

Hey, what other support? Are we solo healing the group or do we get our boons from the other supports in this bespoke group made for us? I don't care if you and your bud two man CM Cerus, you do not represent the majority of players. Basicaly every single guide says two heals, focus on stab and prot.

End of the day, your are self admittedly toxic, your ego is massive and every post you have if belittling and insulting  those of us that you disagree with at this point. I'll not be interacting with you any more as you do not have the ability, or desire one, to behave yourself with even an iota of decency.

He only respond to people with kp.me, so trying talk to him isn't useful. He only plays with about less than 1% of the gamers in GW2, that is the truth. I'm part of it, but i want to play with the 99% of other players, he doesn't. That's all. xD

1 minute ago, Shade.8037 said:

I don't care if you and your bud two man CM Cerus, you do not represent the majority of players. Basicaly every single guide says two heals, focus on stab and prot.

To come back on topic. I will try Chrono healing on 100 CM to see if i can sustain as much as scourge, probably, since i can on Tof Cm. I'm just afraid of the zone in the middle that pulls you in. Just need to try anyway.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Bro, I’m sorry but you didnt realize the point which is has been evolved over years. 

3- You need to do burst heal when your sub group needed because heal is not needed everytime. 

4- Stability and aegis. For me aegis is not life and death issue but stability is. A build which cannot access group stability everytime group needs is not even good healer/support for me. 

Thank you, I'll be the first to admit I am no god at the game but literally every single bit of research i have done trying to improve points to THIS being the current state of affairs.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Suyheuti.1732 said:

Good point yeah

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

He only respond to people with kp.me, so trying talk to him isn't useful. He only plays with about less than 1% of the gamers in GW2, that is the truth. I'm part of it, but i want to play with the 99% of other players, he doesn't. That's all. xD

To come back on topic. I will try Chrono healing on 100 CM to see if i can sustain as much as scourge, probably, since i can on Tof Cm. I'm just afraid of the zone in the middle that pulls you in. Just need to try anyway.

I mean I get people wanting to talk over my head on endgame stuff. I am not particularly experienced yet. One of the reasons I am so bumbed about the Hscourge thing IS the fact I want to do more, yet my friends are very skittish about going down and not pulling their weight, I can (COULD) help with that and make training stuff with mostly new/casual guildies easier to get to grips with early on. 

I am just so confused because everyone I have seen before this patch, framed scourge as basically weak in everything that made healers heal, but strong at compensating for those new to a mechanic. That seemed like a fair trade. Now though it's people like Dew who act like it is breaking higher end stuff, while circling back around to just being mad that it helps people worse than them get kills. 

• Like 3

What's all this talk about healers? GW2 doesn't have a dedicated healer role. It has DPS, DPS-Support, and Support. 😏 The Support role provides team sustain and handles mechanics to keep the team alive, as well as some additional offensive boon support. Each class does so differently. Some use healing, some use stab, aegis, protection, reso, regen, etc. This is also why role identity does not mean class identity in GW2.

• Like 3
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

I mean I get people wanting to talk over my head on endgame stuff. I am not particularly experienced yet. One of the reasons I am so bumbed about the Hscourge thing IS the fact I want to do more, yet my friends are very skittish about going down and not pulling their weight, I can (COULD) help with that and make training stuff with mostly new/casual guildies easier to get to grips with early on. 

I see, it's logical. If i can give tips... For me it would be... well before doing really hard content is great having mechanics in NM first, so you just have CM ones to add. And for that any healer can do it honestly. But prefer with good healing so chrono is great, and for now scourge yeah because barrier + transfusion, engineer is great too. My favorite on HTCM by far. Hfb not at the begginning. It's a healer with dps who know mechanics. Tempest if you know how to play it, or even druid for the same reason because alac uptime can be hard. Revenant isn't a great choice most of the time, same as warrior. Thief is a one man at the time heal so great when you master it otherwise not. I hope it helps ^^

17 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

I am just so confused because everyone I have seen before this patch, framed scourge as basically weak in everything that made healers heal, but strong at compensating for those new to a mechanic. That seemed like a fair trade. Now though it's people like Dew who act like it is breaking higher end stuff, while circling back around to just being mad that it helps people worse than them get kills. 

It is weak, by a lot. I use Chrono heal all the time on Cm and everything by far away. But with new comers ? On some special ones, i'll use scourge definitly. less boon, less DPS obviously, but sustain to pull one player failing to me and rez it. So he can learn, and not just die and "watching" people play and do the content without him/her = no fun.

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

What's all this talk about healers? GW2 doesn't have a dedicated healer role. It has DPS, DPS-Support, and Support. 😏 The Support role provides team sustain and handles mechanics to keep the team alive, as well as some additional offensive boon support. Each class does so differently. Some use healing, some use stab, aegis, protection, reso, regen, etc. This is also why role identity does not mean class identity in GW2.

I like you, yes it is an abuse of language sorry, but talking like that is easier, do understand us, but you're right ! xD

Edited by Hikaru.6704
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

It is weak, by a lot. I use Chrono heal all the time on Cm and everything by far away. But with new comers ? On some special ones, i'll use scourge definitly. less boon, less DPS obviously, but sustain to pull one player failing to me and rez it. So he can learn, and not just die and "watching" people play and do the content without him/her = no fun.

Chrono will be what I swap to if this goes live, i am decent ish at it already, and if I can't rez I can at least perma stab. 

You do bring up something I really thing Anet needs to think about though. People do not like watching bosses die from the ground. And as much as I know a lot of people here like them getting 'punished' for messing up a mechanic, it doesn't help people learn. I simply can not fathom someone getting more from watching the rest of the team kill a boss after having barely interacted with it, than if they got rezed and had a chance to practice what killed them multiple times in a fight.

And I FULLY do not think those advocating for this change will be GGing when a newbie dies to give them more of a chance to pratice, i would be shocked if they don't just insta kick them honestly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, LilBiM.3581 said:

Power does not have sustain. What are you on about?

not by itself, no,. Marauder has sustain. So yes, I'm aware that in WvW sustain is a thing for both power and condi. But what burst damage is meant to do and what DOT is meant to do are still different from each other, in any video game. 

I quoted what you said and what I said in my previous post, which is why marauder is relevant.

If that's unclear please be more specific what's unclear.

Personally I think the WvW meta has been mostly burst power for so long that some players forgot DOT is a thing, and struggle to adjust when the meta shifts.

7 hours ago, LilBiM.3581 said:

The main challenge that players seem to have is conflating the need to have 3400 armor with survivability/sustain. There are other things you can do to avoid damage in game

Sure, if you have great attention, dexterity, vision, reaction times, etc. If you don't, then you need a work-aroud, and passive sustain helps a lot for that. This is what I have been saying from the beginning. 

13 hours ago, daw.4923 said:

HEALERS are not measured by STAB,AEGIS or any other boon. HEALERS are measured by their ability to HEAL.

you trying to play a game with trinity roles, which GW2 is not, and never has been. 

EDIT: seems to be working for you in the content you're playing, but that doesn't mean it would work for others or in different content. 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, xellink.7568 said:

You can park the teleport revive effect under Sand Savant. That way players have to choose between alac or teleport revive. 

Can be an idea yeah. I'm not sure it is really "doable" but why not think about it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, daw.4923 said:

I would love LOVE to see which content you cant do on HSCG

I'll make it easier and tell you what content we USE HScourge for. 

Cerus CMs. Ankka title runs.  Thats the extent of our healscourge use.   It doesnt get touched in raids.  It doesnt get touched in speedclear nights. We will bust it out in boneskinner training nights, but not if we're doing it as an organized group (where we do the opposite and play all the stuff that can cover up circles on the ground to make it funny)

It is worse than any other option (specifically meaning Chrono, Druid, Herald, Mech, as we havent used Firebrand or Tempest for at least 6+ months now either) on any other fights. Its hard carried by having two different "escape the auto-down mechanics" on fights where you spend the last 10% of the healthbar dealing with auto-down mechanics that conveniently also really want you to have portals.   

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, xellink.7568 said:

You can park the teleport revive effect under Sand Savant. That way players have to choose between alac or teleport revive. 

5 minutes ago, Hikaru.6704 said:

Can be an idea yeah. I'm not sure it is really "doable" but why not think about it.

Hrm, not sure if you would ever actually be allowed to not bring alac as a support into a raid or something...but I guess at least the option for the flavor of necromancy would

34 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

Chrono will be what I swap to if this goes live, i am decent ish at it already, and if I can't rez I can at least perma stab. 

Yeah and you have a lot of cleanses and boons strip too. Among other things i like. It's not the easier one, but not the hardest one too

36 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

You do bring up something I really thing Anet needs to think about though. People do not like watching bosses die from the ground. And as much as I know a lot of people here like them getting 'punished' for messing up a mechanic, it doesn't help people learn. I simply can not fathom someone getting more from watching the rest of the team kill a boss after having barely interacted with it, than if they got rezed and had a chance to practice what killed them multiple times in a fight.

And I FULLY do not think those advocating for this change will be GGing when a newbie dies to give them more of a chance to pratice, i would be shocked if they don't just insta kick them honestly.

Yes that is what I fear the most, i remember being a beginner in Cm and the way some people think, like gg everytime you fail and if you fail more than 3 times you're like the worst player ever and block on his list... So yeah, toxicity will come back, like kp.me everywhere too. I do have KP, juts don't have KP. me. But what can we do ? Except trying to tell them.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shade.8037 said:

Hrm, not sure if you would ever actually be allowed to not bring alac as a support into a raid or something...but I guess at least the option for the flavor of necromancy would

Yeah but we would come back to the third transfusion DPS as before. that's all.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, daw.4923 said:

You realize that before power creep it was normal to have ONE healer just for heals right? ok

Yes, and then years ago they standardized boons, and we left the age of Spotter, and "i dont do anything but tank anymore" chrono being propped up by 10man alac DivRen and bannerslaves, and healers actually had to provide boons or they werent worth bringing. 

Its a brand new and yet still relatively old world now.  You should probably join it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You know what skill has allowed players to avoid mechanics for years? Mesmer portals. Let's just delete those.

It'll force players to 'git gud' and bring a mobility skill or hit the W key a little better instead of just pressing F on a shiny purple circle on the ground. Doesn't matter that it's been there since core and is part of the mesmer's class identity, it's clearly too OP and shouldn't exist.

Fair is fair, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 5