October 8 Balance Update Preview

Joie.6084

On 9/13/2024 at 2:34 PM, Joie.6084 said:

Celestial equipment will no longer grant concentration or expertise while in a WvW map.

On 9/13/2024 at 2:34 PM, Joie.6084 said:

Transfusion: This trait no longer teleports downed allies to the user. This trait no longer increases the cooldown of Garish Pillar in WvW.

I've spent so much on this game. Never again. Not one kittening cent more. kitten you Anet motherkitteners.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

they would not be hinting about using the stat change per game mode tool again, if that were the goal since no other stats have changed ever, to my knowledge.

They might use that new tech again, they might not. We don't know that yet. So far only cele is getting changed and it's only getting reverted to its original state.

I agree that they should not start messing with stats arround willy-nilly and personally i don't think more stats need to get changed. But so far nothing is happening in this regard, so maybe we should keep our complaints and worries for when they actually announce something more than just a fix for a past mistake?

Also, in the original state, neither expertise nor concentration (nor I think alacrity and probably others) existed at all in the game.

Concentration and Expertise exist since at least 2015. Cele was without those stats until 2021. And it didn't need those extra stats in oder to be viable.

[...]whenever that was (not 3 years).

May 2021 - so just a couple of months more than 3 years.

Might be a little late to the party, but here goes nothing. Since you're adjusting Dark Path, let's bring attention to the problem, that this skill is bugged for players below Lvl 80 (as described in more detail in the post below)

On 11/20/2022 at 5:35 PM, Grahnath.5024 said:

Dark Path is supposed to flip to Dark Pursuit and allow shadow stepping to enemies in contact with an enemy. After more than 50 attempts, I can say with certainty, this is bugged, as this happened 0/50 times.

When the projectile hits an enemy, I receive a status effect saying I may now dark pursuit, but the actual ability goes straight into a seven (7) second cooldown without actually flipping to Dark Pursuit.

Here's what I can gather from online searches (results are far and few between) and my own experience:

- this only occurs before the character reaches level 80

- this bug has been present since early 2021 without acknowledgement.

- I reached out to other players while I was experiencing this issue, and I confirmed that I am not the only one. Symptoms were identical.

ArenaNet, please fix this. While it isn't game breaking for PVP or endgame level play, as this does not persist past reaching 80, new players will not have any idea what's going on, and this isn't fair to the new player experience.

Please make the resistance application from battle dance proc before the actual evade... if you are rooted and you use the skill you dodge on point and your are still on the same position. Yes I know it is possible to use the agressive agility trait but you don't use devastation all the time...

On 9/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, Joie.6084 said:

Transfusion: This trait no longer teleports downed allies to the user. This trait no longer increases the cooldown of Garish Pillar in WvW.

Where is the group stability added to the necromancer support role in compensation? I can't find it.  And i'm not talking to add one stack and/or one second stability to the well of power, i mean to add something useful like guardian's  "Stand Your Ground" with 5 stacks of stability for 5 seconds!!!

On 9/13/2024 at 9:34 PM, Joie.6084 said:

Extirpate: This skill no longer inflicts Extirpation and instead inflicts weakness.

The necromancer's spear is far from having the same utility as others spears. It's a shame to look with envy at those of other professions. But at least Extirpate with Extirpation had its utility and a niche of gameplay with its own flavor.  What's the reason? Did any developer see their afternoon of endless boonball ruined? So now you ruin the spear for everyone and turn it into a vulgar 💩 weapon with no identity whatsoever!?!

How about at least spending a few hours of work remodeling/reworking it and turning it into something useful? How about a ranged weapon with support? I envy the mesmer's one. That would be useful.  Necromancer doesn't have any weapons of that type, and not even a single useful healing-support weapon for the group as the warhorn is still garbage plus only two skills are available there.

As I imagine we won't be lucky enough to receive something good in exchange for those big nerfs... Where can we request a refund of the expansion money or part of it? Or did they sell us the spear without any warranty? Shouldn't that be illegal?  😠   /r

A final reminder:   A long time ago devs started a rework of traits that reduce skills recharge time (cooldown) as a new philosophy to gain versatility in builds and make them less a mandatory like still happen with "Master of Corruption", for example.  There are still a lot of them waiting for attention:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recharge#Traits_that_reduce_recharge_of_profession_mechanics

When will we see some work on them again?  Overall, the changes were appreciated and it was an improvement in several professions. Although, in some of the traits, the add of something more was missing... It would be great if that pending work could be resumed.  Thanks.

Edited by Zoser.7245
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

The game seriously lacks a modern Hero Trait system and modern crafting/stats selection for the gear. What is this crap? Just allow us to select whatever stats we want for the 3-4 stats armor/weapon types. Don't give us useless combos. Over 70% of the available stats combos are not played in end game. Ask yourself why..No wait, I will tell you: they are dog kitten.

As for the traits, this system sucks, some classes have better synergy between traits while others (i.e Mesmer) must make serious compromises that will box them in a corner when theorycrafting. In essence what you have done with the traits and the existing stats is to force people into template builds because anything outside of the very few builds that exist per class & spec is simply not going to work well anywhere.

GW2 is a rather dull game when it comes to how you can build your hero. Extremely limited and mostly unbalanced because of the whole PvE debt you brought into competitive modes with mechanics like stealth and invulnerability.

I'm not mad about this patch. I'm just disappointed about the game, in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Seneca.6319 said:

GW2 is a rather dull game when it comes to how you can build your hero. Extremely limited and mostly unbalanced because of the whole PvE debt you brought into competitive modes with mechanics like stealth and invulnerability.

To be fair, it's a lot less limiting than some other MMO's I've heard, like FF14. There, the role comes with the class, and nothing can change that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL, love how Guardian, which is already meta in every game mode is getting more buffs. -

Anet sure loves Guardian, -

• Stacks of burn that no coni cleansers can cope with (invulnerability skill or die, which cuts out many build options).
  • Powercreep builds
  • Teleporting and pulling skills that farts out burns.
  • Invulnerability skills
  • Number one class for support in all modes.

Yet they continue to take away interesting skills and tools like Nerco's teleporting downs, but at least they still have their super-useful blood bank.

Welcome to Guardian Wars 2.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

To be fair, it's a lot less limiting than some other MMO's I've heard, like FF14. There, the role comes with the class, and nothing can change that.

Brotha, Final Fantasy is a totally different type of game. If you feel the need to comment, at least compare apples to apples.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Seneca.6319 said:

Brotha, Final Fantasy is a totally different type of game. If you feel the need to comment, at least compare apples to apples.

Huh??? I'm pretty sure GW2, FF14 and WoW are comparable. Hell, I'd even add ESO on top, why not? They are all MMORPGs. Some more action-based like GW2 and especially ESO but still not that far away from the very traditional ones. And they also differ in other ways. But if GW2 and FF14 aren't comparable, then enlighten me, what can I compare to GW2?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

Huh??? I'm pretty sure GW2, FF14 and WoW are comparable. Hell, I'd even add ESO on top, why not? They are all MMORPGs. Some more action-based like GW2 and especially ESO but still not that far away from the very traditional ones. And they also differ in other ways. But if GW2 and FF14 aren't comparable, then enlighten me, what can I compare to GW2?

Have you actually played ffxiv? All classes have a global ICD of 1,5s between skills. Sure, it's an mmo... but I promisse you the combat feels wildly different. 

That said I agree with your other comment. GW2 got much more build variety than any of the other games cited, where sometimes whole classes doesnt get to have at least one viable pvp spec. FFXIV doesnt even have build choices, each class can fulfill one role and that's it. The person you were responding to clearly has no clue what is going on with gw2 or other mmos right now. In any game there will always be classes that are stronger at a certain moment... the trick is in how sizeable is the difference between Meta and Viable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Rocker.2906 said:

Have you actually played ffxiv? All classes have a global ICD of 1,5s between skills. Sure, it's an mmo... but I promisse you the combat feels wildly different. 

It didn't matter how different the combat is between them. The only point I criticized was GW2 being limited in what you can do with your character anyway. I do agree that FF14 has wildly different combat due to GCDs, but my point still stands, as it was the only point I made.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Herrscher.2986 said:

It didn't matter how different the combat is between them. The only point I criticized was GW2 being limited in what you can do with your character anyway. I do agree that FF14 has wildly different combat due to GCDs, but my point still stands, as it was the only point I made.

I'm not dismissing your critique, I just think it's weird to put FFXIV into the conversation since that game doesnt even have any builds or equipment choices. You get your skills while leveling, a set-in-stone rotation and you go do that. If you want change you reroll another profession. The very fact that all classes in GW2 can at least play DPS or SUP, sometimes with more than one viable build, already sets it above every other game cited here in diversity. But if your point is just advocating for even more diversity, than sure! That's always a great thing. 🙂