Homestead feature wishlist

On 8/24/2024 at 3:53 PM, Slushey.8236 said:

[Feedback] Not sure if it's a bug, but I'm not a fan of having a random Lowland Kodan mounting my Raptor. Perhaps remove this, or provide a toggle to remove them? 

They are a stand-in for medium armour characters left at the homestead. I don't really think that's an improvement though. The mounts are pretty personal for the characters, so having other characters ride around on them feels just slightly better than having random kodan doing it. Either way, that's just a dumb annoyance. Make us able to position characters in certain spots doing certain emotes while in homestead, and you solve both that and the awkwardness of their current usage in one go.

Edited by Calevorn.5671
  • Like 4

Would like to add including Aurilium and candy corn nodes to be added to the gather all option from the storebox to the list.

Edit: seems to be random what does/does not get collected. Now today the candy corn and aurillium got collected, but baubles did not

Edited by Tormak.2197

Would be cool if anet gave M.O.X jukebox settings and you could set up a playlist of tracks. Hell if they really wanted the could go the FF14 route and add items we can get that unlock new music or albums for your homestead that M.O.X could then broadcast over your homestead.

I have all mining nodes. I realised 2 nodes (platinum and mithril) are not looted from storebox.  I almost missed it since they are near the edge of my minimap.  Had to manually mine them. 

• Like 1

Please...
1. Remove the hanging pallet from the entrance to the mine. I keep banging my head on it when I leap with my raptor. 🤕
2. Let us decorate near the front at the waypoint, rather than having a "dead" area we can't decorate.
3. Add more decor items from other cultures. I'm sylvari -- I want a sylvari home, or at least furnishings that recall the Grove.
4. Move the skyscale out from under the shed -- she can't flex her wings.
5. Add a pool of water for my skimmer.
6. Let us hide NPCs.
7. Get rid of the Kodan on my raptor.
8. Move the Lowland Shores portal to the middle so we can run straight into it, rather than accidentally going to Wiz Tower cuz we can't drive. 🤪 (also it's where most of us go from our homestead)
9. I wish the home had actual windows I could see out, but I imagine that's too much to ask.
Thank you.

Edited by Spiral.3724
>.<
  • Like 7

I'm honestly ignoring the whole thing.

My problem with housing in JW is that it's just another boring implementation of the same "housing" idea we've been seeing in games for the past 10 years.

Anyone who ever played any game with housing will know what I mean. I had the opportunity to play Palia for the 8 months SotO was busy flopping, and it's the same exact mechanics, just in a different packaging.  Perfectly flat landscape with zero terrain variation. A monotone (literally!), green/brown biome that's completely irrelevant to what you can or cannot build. No weather. Prebaked, static assets that can only be rotated and/or scaled and not interacted with. Limitations to the number of items you can place. All this locked away in an instance where other people have to go out of their way to even see it.

Once you played one game with housing, you played it all. Truly innovative ideas like Minecraft or Enshrouded, where you can really express your own creativity, are few and far between. Compare Rollercoaster Tycoon, a game from 1999, that even today has more freedom in building your own creations than what we get from ArenaNet in 2024.

Housing is also inconsequential to everything else going on in the game - it doesn't matter if you have a beautifully decorated house, or just an empty plot. Hell, it doesn't even matter if you have one at all. Just like fishing, skiffs, or siege turtle, there is no gameplay reason to having one, as opposed to having - let's say - a glider or the skyscale. Ever since EoD, expansion features have been feeling very tacked-on, with very little reason, instead of having the gameplay be built around them like in HoT or PoF.

Edited by rune.9572
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

You might know the chairs you can use the world and those chairs have interactions to do even like sleeping into the hammock. I just place the 3 personal commander chair / table in my homestead and it would fit so perfect inside. As they table / chair has interaction and my character not clipping somewhere inside a table. Using this chairs from the game we own and place them perma in our home would be a great furniture improvement, if we could got the same to craft to placing in home. The tea table for another friend to sit down or our beach chairs to use.

GW2 always had a problem with squads and instances. As it is still not possible to break down a squad back to group level if most of them left is annoying. I think 50 people inside your home, and you still would be able to place all their alts too until this place got kind a bit filled with people.

It's a nice idea to picture all your alts, but their movement is crazy and if you want to face them their turn away. Sure we can place them but not to a special waiting or facing point.

The movement points always seems to be ground base and not on the players' viewpoint if possible being a bee. I wanted to place something under my root but need looking down to the bottom for the small movements pointers. I got not managed to see the spot I wanted to work on. If object deep inside the floor those markers also hidden in the floor and not in my viewpoint direction I need them.

A redo button to put things back if you deleted them or too much for more easy error management.

Jump on ride button for our mounts. And some more water for our water-based mounts. Or giving them a space nearby the river.

• Confused 1

Either modify the bookshelves, or make new ones that allow you to display books you've collected...make it clickable with an interface to add books in your bags...once added...clicking the shelf would bring up a list of your books.

Also, in the unveil video, they showed a statue which you could copy your character and armor over to...I haven't seen that option yet

Valdergare - Homesteader

• Like 1

Housing is up for a good start I think.

Some things I think could improve it:

1, Grouping: Allow us to group items together so that if I move one, it moves the rest. Example I stack some crates together, I want to move the entire stack while keeping their relative position to each other intact.

2, Advanced movement tools: Ability to move furnishing in increments, rotate 1 degree, 5 degree at a time, or even input values.

3, housing templates: Ability to save furnished house templates. E.g. Slot 1 I have decorated as a my 'house'. While in template 2, by activating it, the house turns into a jumping puzzle I have made. Making it easy to swap between the two furnishing layouts 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Fiksi.9278 said:

Housing is up for a good start I think.

It is the very same decoration technique (and assets) that we have had ever since Guild Halls existed. The only upside is the improved object system (being able to easily edit positioning, rotation and scale).

• Confused 1

One v. important request - when my character goes to bed, he just lays there in full armour. He really needs some pyjamas or, for preference, one of those nightshirts and a nightcap with a pom-pom on it. We need sleepy-time outfits!

One v. important request - when my character goes to bed, he just lays there in full armour. He really needs some pyjamas or, for preference, one of those nightshirts and a nightcap with a pom-pom on it. We need sleepy-time outfits!

• Haha 1

Please allow us to put Glyph of Bounty in the collection boxes.

That is the only glyph I use for plant nodes because I'm my guild's chef and need as many ingredients as possible. I'm disappointed that I upgraded my homestead to be able to collect all at once, only to have to hand-collect anyway for that extra strike. 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Please allow us to put Glyph of Bounty in the collection boxes.

That does not work on Home Instance/Homestead nodes, except for the three Garden Plots, so it is pointless as a collection box glyph.

I usually manually harvest the three plots with my Glyph of Bounty before I go to the plant collection box to gather all the rest. 🙂 

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

-The unlocked Guild Decorations should also be available as decorations for the Homestead (for example, those obtained with HoT tokens).

-Let us place minis as decorations so we can create dioramas in-game.

Edited by Tiborb.1453

The layout of the unremovable decorations in the homestead's workshop needs to be adjusted.  There are clipping and clashing visuals the way they are now. 

I recommend changing the layout like this:

The bloodstone kitchen and kitchen tools should be together, and next to the logs and hanging pots as they look like they are something for cooking. These stations should also be changed so they are unlocked account-wide based on the gourmet chef achievements, not based on personal cooking progress, to prevent layout differences between characters. 

The chests in front of the logs and pots  should be moved outside, on the east side of the workshop where the bandit chest may sometimes appear.  The anvil should be useable to reset Reinforced Armor, and the space around it should be left empty as it's a perfect spot to put a jade bot station without clipping with the anvil as that station is on the smaller side.

Mr. Quiggles should be replaced with a decoration recipe.

The gemstore cloth/leather nodes on the bottom floor should be moved together with the other two up the stairs where it's quick and easy to reach with a warclaw, so all four can be gathered one after another without having to go up and down, then put in their place the table displaced by the bloodstone kitchen. Another possible spot would have to have all 4 stacked in a row under the ramp up. 

To create more room within the workshop, also move the homesteading station to the east wall next to the boiler-looking thing, and the table displaced by that would be moved either next to the other table displaced by the bloodstone kitchen on the east wall, or where the enchanted table used to be on the right wall.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, kyaroto.5927 said:

When u asked an alt to follow you, he/she just moves like your miniature. It is very hard if we want to take a picture with all alts. It would be nice if we can move/turn alts like objects for home decoration.

And being able to give it simple commands what they can do, 1 command max you can switch whenever you want=>

•Talk with other alts random conversation

• Greeting incoming players 

• Watering plants

• Act like they mine ore

• Playing music on instruments from the novelties you have unlocked only. (reason to get novelties more).

•petting mounts

• Thanks 1

How about an Npc collection system.

They could create mini quest stories to collect NPC's that can either be used cosmetically in your homestead  or be added into a personal arena system where you could practice fighting solo against different levels of the same boss upto Champion level. You get to create your own arena and fight your collectable Npc's.

The amount of hours of gameplay that would add is ridiculous.it would be revolutionary.

Here is a few extra takeaways that are slightly problematic with the homestead decorating that I have noticed after approximatively 2.5 weeks of decorating on a daily basis.

• This is supposed to be our home and yet we are capped with how many items we can put inside a certain area (even though we are far from hitting the "Map's Cap" (1000) (in my case 730/1000).
  • The Bee Mode need to be heavily reworked, as currently just by moving an inch, it either sends you in a completely different direction, or moves you a mile away, there is not current way to be move precisely in Bee Decoration mode.
  • The Edit mode need to be adjusted especially when it comes to to the Moving axises, being able to toggle between viewpoint axises and a world-oriented axises would be great as trying to decorate anything in the Handiwork building is currently a living nightmare (being diagonnally orienteed compared to the rest of the world).
  • The Edit Mode Axises need to be more contrasting, as if there is a lot of light sources (use the Chandelier or an "Obstacle: Lava Floor", by example) trying to see the axises is near impossible, (if you have any vision problems, just forget even trying; unless you place a wall in between you and the object you want to move, which is not exactly user friendly has the need go way out of the way to be able to see things properly).
  • The Infernal Facade (in X-Ray mode) visual hitbox needs to be reworked, as it is just a massive gathering of squares and being able to pick it out of all the other items is kind of ridiculously difficult.
  • The X-Ray Mode should be available in the "Edit Mode" and not only in the "Deletion Mode"
Edited by Huoyan.6538
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:02 AM, Shin.2019 said:

I have all mining nodes. I realised 2 nodes (platinum and mithril) are not looted from storebox.  I almost missed it since they are near the edge of my minimap.  Had to manually mine them. 

It's different ones each time as well. I've seen one, two or three nodes that are either not mined or only partially mined. Makes a joke of the "collect all" feature, since you have to tidy up manually.