Suppose Push releases, would it make sense to have it unranked 5v5 only?

maxwelgm.4315

About Push being part of seasons or a tick option like Stronghold  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play (an improved, release level) Push if it had only unranked/no pips?

• Yes
    • No

Just out of curiosity and well, to also poll it as feedback, I've been wondering whether I'd be playing Push as much if it had only the default rewards and not part of the ranked seasons. The answer is yes but maybe only because it's a Beta, I would probably stick to pips during seasons no matter what. So I'm wondering how do people feel about it, would you play it if it was a tick box only like Stronghold?

As a side note the unranked route has the big advantage of allowing 5-man premades. This happens in Stronghold nowadays with a particular guild that farms pugs nonstop with a specific build combo. But then again this could also have its own 5v5 tournament to allow for premades. I just wonder, no matter how much work Anet puts into it, the truth of the matter is a lot of people pick the mode with most rewards since they also play PvE/WvW and it's then very convenient (I definitely fit into this btw). I'm not sure how much I'd play it over Conquest during a season, probably not much at all, even though I do find the gameplay has potential minus the current but probably not going away balance issues.

I would always select conquest over push at this point. Ultimately I can say that conquest matches still just possess deeper strategy, which is more mentally stimulating.

But what I'd rather see, is have them shuffle stronghold, courtyard, and push, into the normal map roulette. This way it has 10 normal conquest maps to roll, and then 3 additional modes. Most of the time you'd be getting conquest, but every once in awhile you'd get stronghold, courtyard, or push. That'd be cool, and I think this is the way to do it. It would also keep population shuffled into the same queue together.

Also, I would like to see push show up in weekly ATs from time time. But this also goes for 2v2s and 3v3s, stronghold, courtyard. I don't think they use their content enough. It's not that people HATE those maps/modes, it's just that they don't want to play them all the time for elongated durations of time. People do like those modes when they occur every once in awhile, which is a nice break from conquest when it's once in awhile. But it has to be merged shuffle, or no one will ever select a different mode than conquest because the population is simply too small for it.If you actually try to queue stronghold or courtyard, you'll wait upwards for 40+ minutes before realizing no one is queueing. Again, this isn't because people hate those modes, it's just that they know conquest is full & fast queues so why wait?

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Where is everybody reading or hearing that it's gonna be something OTHER than an unranked mode?
The blog says it's a casual, for funzies mode.
The most they said on stream was that the title would continue to be given out in miniseasons if Push is done again.

3 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

If you actually try to queue stronghold or courtyard, you'll wait upwards for 40+ minutes before realizing no one is queueing.

This isn't true at all. At worst, you get the pop just after the 10 minute mark (ish) when the game effectively throws MMR out the window to form the match.
The bigger problem is a population/matchmaking issue, especially on NA, where the only people who play it are either inexperienced or one guild that queues Stronghold and only Stronghold, presumably to thrash said newbies.

Anyways yeah the time to just change boxes to be a PvP wide thing was when Obsidian Armor was introduced, and if ranked dies because nobody actually likes it, then ranked dies.

Edited by Shagie.7612

2 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

Where is everybody reading or hearing that it's gonna be something OTHER than an unranked mode?
The blog says it's a casual, for funzies mode.
The most they said on stream was that the title would continue to be given out in miniseasons if Push is done again.

This isn't true at all. At worst, you get the pop just after the 10 minute mark (ish) when the game effectively throws MMR out the window to form the match.
The bigger problem is a population/matchmaking issue, especially on NA, where the only people who play it are either inexperienced or one guild that queues Stronghold and only Stronghold, presumably to thrash said newbies.

Anyways yeah the time to just change boxes to be a PvP wide thing was when Obsidian Armor was introduced, and if ranked dies because nobody actually likes it, then ranked dies.

This post is not questioning whether Anet planned to have ranked or not, it's asking players to feedback whether they would/will play the mode in unranked form. I do agree with all the problems mentioned indeed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Where's the third option where we wouldn't mind playing it as it's own stand-alone rank queue?

This is a good point actually, thanks for mentioning. Right now I can see it more likely as part of the mini seasons if it does reach ranked, but then the mini seasons would start to get bloated in a sense (3v3 and 2v2 happening even less often). Ideally we should indeed have separate ranked queues for all modes, this is true. Maybe even have a tick box system like in unranked? The common criticism to this is population but, I suppose all of us who already play conquest regularly at the very least would probably go and play Push as well, so the queues might not get that bad.

Stronghold and Push should be unranked only BUT they should have their daily pvp tournament (they can call it Abaddon, Menzis, Dhuum or whatever) with good rewards.
Just to clarify I mean seperate tournament for each game mode.
And maybe less during the day so there are enough players for them (like two push, and one stronghold tournament a day)

Stronghold is critically unused game mode and of it's main issues was too long game time with low rewards which this would solve. 

Edited by Sznurek.8791
  • Like 1

If its not in ranked.. I won't play it.

I like pvp, but I primarily play for rewards and ranked,  givees the most rewaeds..its that simple

Unranked is kitten anyway, no balance at all, team of 5 guildies against 5 randoms.

Id love is push was a ranked mode of its own or a seaspn rotation.  aI would lovw to play only push, Ive had more fun in this chaos than Ive ever had in conquest 

Edited by Taygus.4571
  • Thanks 1