[POLL] So it's been 3 months...

XenesisII.1540

Are you still enjoying wvw right now?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the World Restructuring changes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I have a unique answer.
    • I quit WvW or the game.
  2. 2. Are you enjoying Boon blob combat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I have a unique answer.
    • I quit WvW or the game.

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Taking 10 attempts at a structure? Sorry my friend, I do sup drain runs when running chill tags. They are welcome to join me when not running chill and we will try havoc versus bad ideas, aka not chill runs. If running havoc or roaming all good to decoy a large group with less than 6. 😉 Sorry wasn't tag there unless this was some defense. 

Grimmy, I'm talking about the guild not you. 🤭

On 9/22/2024 at 9:00 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

And put up with ppt guilds that take 50 to cap empty stuff and run from everything. All keeps are belong to ViP 🤷‍♂️

Oh right, now I remember who is the phantom queue getting farmed now.

zzzzz That's definitely one of the groups that shouldn't run invisible. 🤣

As for the other group you were facing, it is who you think it is; guess the random tags did not fool you.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Solo flying as well.  It's my preferred game mode, I play even when it's bad.  First month, couldn't hold anything but had a decent amount of skilled roamers, always had more kills than deaths each week.  Second month, pretty much the same thing.  Bigger ques because of a certain alliance, still couldn't hold anything (as we plummeted to t4), but with some decent roamers won most of our small skirmishes, ended with a positive kdr each week.  Month 3 is looking to be some of the same.  Every one else is running 50-60 deep while guilds on my server are 25.  Some very good solos on our side this match, have definitely upped my gameplay being outnumbered most of the time.  Pretty lopsided time zones this week and the guild everyone knows just exploiting into everything to take them from us to avoid the fight.  Testing out a sorting theory to see if I block an entire guild will the sorting algorithm put me in the same world as them.  The only problem is with all the worlds, I won't know for a long time to see if it works.  If it doesn't I could find out Friday, if it does, I may not actually know cause RNG and all.  /shrug

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Solo flying as well.  It's my preferred game mode, I play even when it's bad.  First month, couldn't hold anything but had a decent amount of skilled roamers, always had more kills than deaths each week.  Second month, pretty much the same thing.  Bigger ques because of a certain alliance, still couldn't hold anything (as we plummeted to t4), but with some decent roamers won most of our small skirmishes, ended with a positive kdr each week.  Month 3 is looking to be some of the same.  Every one else is running 50-60 deep while guilds on my server are 25.  Some very good solos on our side this match, have definitely upped my gameplay being outnumbered most of the time.  Pretty lopsided time zones this week and the guild everyone knows just exploiting into everything to take them from us to avoid the fight.  Testing out a sorting theory to see if I block an entire guild will the sorting algorithm put me in the same world as them.  The only problem is with all the worlds, I won't know for a long time to see if it works.  If it doesn't I could find out Friday, if it does, I may not actually know cause RNG and all.  /shrug

I don't recall blocking impacts sorting, but please share out of curiosity on what you find if you do find a pattern. Floating around and testing things as well.

45 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Oh right, now I remember who is the phantom queue getting farmed now.

zzzzz That's definitely one of the groups that shouldn't run invisible. 🤣

As for the other group you were facing, it is who you think it is; guess the random tags did not fool you.

Now I know why you guys are queued up all night lol.

16 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

I don't recall blocking impacts sorting, but please share out of curiosity on what you find if you do find a pattern. Floating around and testing things as well.

Yeah I don't think it does, but it would be interesting if it did.

I'm learning to live with the changes, but Its certainly a worse experience than before they were brought in.

As for boon blob....I'm struggling to think of when its not been that to a greater or lesser degree, even way back in core it was how the game played, blob combat. Can it be tweaked to favor dmg or sustain? sure, probably could be tweaked so boons are reactive and not perpetual...but overall, its shades of the same colour.

• Like 5