When will we know what the legendary spear requires?

andreiblue.8231

I think it may require the heart achievements, but I hope it won't require tokens since what would be the point of completing hearts if the tokens are the ones needed? I assume the gift of research, gift of magic and might, mursaat runestones and gift of expertise and probably stuff from the new raid since it releases at the same time as the spear, but I wish we knew for sure so we could work towards it.

• Confused 3

Probably 10000+ various rift essences, , absurd amount of Janthir map currencies, 1000+ runestones and your kidney. Why? Because why not? Look at Obsidian Armor grind as a hint...

I'm not going to bother with leggy spear. The ascended one we got from Falling Star quest already has a very nice skin/effect. It might make more sense to just make Gen1 or Gen3 spear and slap Falling Star skin on it, since their original skins are atrocious 😄 

Edited by difens.1326
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Has Anet ever released requirements for any legendary? Usually they are discovered by players and documented on the wiki and other sites. Or data mined.

Yes. They gave away the full requirements for the legendary obsidian armour at the launch of SotO so that people could start gathering the materials they needed.

• Like 1

I suspect they'll keep it quiet until the November update, there's no new map so they will probably add collections for the spear then.

They probably don't want us to have everything gathered in advance this time, otherwise people will blitz through the process and have "nothing to do" a day after the release.

2 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Yes. They gave away the full requirements for the legendary obsidian armour at the launch of SotO so that people could start gathering the materials they needed.

I'm pretty sure players were speculating on the full requirements well after release and they only revealed or hinted at parts through collections. But I could be wrong, I was not interested in those pieces.

edit: and some was data mined. Again not sure.

Edited by Cuks.8241

Just now, Cuks.8241 said:

I'm pretty sure players were speculating on the full requirements well after release and they only revealed or hinted at parts through collections. But I could be wrong, I was not interested in those pieces.

Between the Legendary armour Collection and the items that Lhyr offered we knew pretty much everything that was needed.

Really the only thing we didn't know was the name of the currency from Inner Nayos because those items were just listed as question marks at the start but it was pretty apparent what they were from what Lhyr was selling (as in he sold an item that required 250 stardust, 250 static charge and 250 ? So we knew it was 250 of the map currency for the third map).

I think that's the only time they revealed what would be needed for a Legendary before it hit the game.

14 hours ago, difens.1326 said:

Probably 10000+ various rift essences, , absurd amount of Janthir map currencies, 1000+ runestones and your kidney. Why? Because why not? Look at Obsidian Armor grind as a hint...

I'm not going to bother with leggy spear. The ascended one we got from Falling Star quest already has a very nice skin/effect. It might make more sense to just make Gen1 or Gen3 spear and slap Falling Star skin on it, since their original skins are atrocious 😄 

Just the gen 1. There are no underwater gen2 or gen3 leggy. So just shark spear