What happens if I log into my account on my friends laptop (who also has their own account)?

The only reason you'd get banned is if you broke the rules in some way. If Anet notice you're on a different computer they might check for suspicious activity but there is absolutely nothing in the rules to say you can't log in from different locations or on different machines.

4 different accounts have been logged into on my PC at various times: my main one, my free one, my husbands and my friends.

I've also logged into my account from 2 other computers and numerous IP addresses because it seems to change every time we have a power cut.

The first time I log in on a new computer or IP address I have to do the two factor authentication, in my case put in a code that's texted to me, but that's all.

Since your friends computer will be at your house they may not even notice, since it'll be on your IP address. But both logging in from different computers and logging in from different locations isn't unusual.

@jonG.8369 said:So I have a friend coming into town and he's bringing a laptop with him. I'd like to give him a tour of my account but I'm worried that I could get banned or have my account frozen. Has anyone had an experience with this?

Thanks!

The only way they could ban you if they see impossible ip changes ( ie, Italy and 1 min later China ), though i really doubt we will ever see any ban related to account sharing.

Archived