[Suggestion] How I'd change Mark's cast time

AikijinX.6258

Sounds fair since your taking time to kneel if you're marking next and you're not closing or creating distance if you mark during kneel. Of course I'd want it tested a lot, rather not have it than have it be broken, but I would appreciate more efficiency in kneel.

is this for using mercy for 2nd mark and quickness etc? cause i dont really remark my target during attacking and mostly i am not kneeling while marking so wouldnt affect me as much and i dont think it would make much of a difference if it is not instant, being allways an instant mark could be too strong so i think more changes are needed for that but i wouldnt tie it to kneeling, as kneeling is a rifle mechanic and mark a deadeye mechanic.

so my suggestion that hopefully help you with what you need it for , while also helping me :D :

• rework mercy to just reset cd of mark and not cancel current mark,
  • then remarking a target not to drop malice and have no cast time.
  • increase mark duration to over 30s or lower base cd to below 25s.with this you will mark target just as now, but you can 'update' your mark to keep malice and gain new stolen items and reset traits like unforgiving and perfectionist.then updating the mark would be with no casttime but a new mark with current one. what would you say to that?

@"MUDse.7623" said:is this for using mercy for 2nd mark and quickness etc? cause i dont really remark my target during attacking and mostly i am not kneeling while marking so wouldnt affect me as much and i dont think it would make much of a difference if it is not instant, being allways an instant mark could be too strong so i think more changes are needed for that but i wouldnt tie it to kneeling, as kneeling is a rifle mechanic and mark a deadeye mechanic.

so my suggestion that hopefully help you with what you need it for , while also helping me :D :

• increase mark duration to over 30s or lower base cd to below 25s.with this you will mark target just as now, but you can 'update' your mark to keep malice and gain new stolen items and reset traits like unforgiving and perfectionist.then updating the mark would be with no casttime but a new mark with current one. what would you say to that?

I would not like the change to MARK as you suggested. The reason for this is the original MARK might leave the field of play such as entering a nearby castle or port away to distance . Given stolen skills can only be applied on the mark, I would be stuck with them and unable to use them if he made himself unable to target. Were I fighting near a castle or some such and marked by a DE, I simply need enter the castle portal or use LOS off the walls and more or less neutralize the Deadeyes malice boost for those 30 seconds and stick him with stolen skills he can not apply.

If you increase the mark time even longer under your system, the DE malice would be useless for 30 seconds. If I have marked a target and that target then plays "hard to get" I would want to be able to have the fexibility to re-mark one that is more promising.

@babazhook.6805 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:is this for using mercy for 2nd mark and quickness etc? cause i dont really remark my target during attacking and mostly i am not kneeling while marking so wouldnt affect me as much and i dont think it would make much of a difference if it is not instant, being allways an instant mark could be too strong so i think more changes are needed for that but i wouldnt tie it to kneeling, as kneeling is a rifle mechanic and mark a deadeye mechanic.

I would not like the change to MARK as you suggested. The reason for this is the original MARK might leave the field of play such as entering a nearby castle or port away to distance and I would like to be abl to use mercy to reset that mark rather then wait on that guy to come back. Were I the target of a mark I would use this to neutralize the thief that has built up malice on me.

If you increase the mark time even longer under your system, the DE malice would be useless for 30 seconds.

no you could still mark someone else when your target run away and you use mercy, but until you mark someone else you will keep your mark on the target unless it expires. so for instance following:

• you mark target 1
  • target 1 runs away and target 2 approaches
  • you use mercy(now you still have marked target 1 , but mark is ready for use)
  • you mark target 2(mark on target 1 drops as it appears on target 2)

now if you are too slow to mark target 2 cause you clicked too slow and he ported away just then, then you will still have mark up on target 1 so you can try to catch up and use the already stacked malice and refresh your mark to get new use of the traits like BQoBK, or use it on target 3 you find around the next corner.everything you currently can do, you will still be able to do.having longer duration wont make malice useless, you could actually use the malice longer and by refreshing mark keep it up at max then.

so basically you have normal mark like right now against every target that is not marked. if you mark a target that is already marked you do not reset malice and cast it instant. this will also improve use with swindlers equilibrium as you wont reset your malice on remarking the same target.

edit: mercy would work like swindlers equilibrium now, basically. it also resets mark cd while keeping the mark and drops the mark if you mark something else.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:is this for using mercy for 2nd mark and quickness etc? cause i dont really remark my target during attacking and mostly i am not kneeling while marking so wouldnt affect me as much and i dont think it would make much of a difference if it is not instant, being allways an instant mark could be too strong so i think more changes are needed for that but i wouldnt tie it to kneeling, as kneeling is a rifle mechanic and mark a deadeye mechanic.

I would not like the change to MARK as you suggested. The reason for this is the original MARK might leave the field of play such as entering a nearby castle or port away to distance and I would like to be abl to use mercy to reset that mark rather then wait on that guy to come back. Were I the target of a mark I would use this to neutralize the thief that has built up malice on me.

If you increase the mark time even longer under your system, the DE malice would be useless for 30 seconds.

no you could still mark someone else when your target run away and you use mercy, but until you mark someone else you will keep your mark on the target unless it expires. so for instance following:
  • you mark target 1
  • target 1 runs away and target 2 approaches
  • you use mercy(now you still have marked target 1 , but mark is ready for use)
  • you mark target 2(mark on target 1 drops as it appears on target 2)

now if you are too slow to mark target 2 cause you clicked too slow and he ported away just then, then you will still have mark up on target 1 so you can try to catch up and use the already stacked malice and refresh your mark to get new use of the traits like BQoBK, or use it on target 3 you find around the next corner.everything you currently can do, you will still be able to do.having longer duration wont make malice useless, you could actually use the malice longer and by refreshing mark keep it up at max then.

so basically you have normal mark like right now against every target that is not marked. if you mark a target that is already marked you do not reset malice and cast it instant. this will also improve use with swindlers equilibrium as you wont reset your malice on remarking the same target.

edit: mercy would work like swindlers equilibrium now, basically. it also resets mark cd while keeping the mark and drops the mark if you mark something else.

Ok makes more sense.

As soon as it's applied, Mark on power-builds is kinda harmless, depending on target. Mark on condi-builds, is dangerous. You can seriously damage people if you manage to mark someone twice in quick succession. Mark already mind-fucks unprepared people because they fear power-builds and their stealthy DJ's, they do not expect the mark itself to take out half their HP due to confusion, because they spam defense and escape skills to get out of range of a potential one-shot.

It's less dangerous for people who know about cleanses. Thing is, even if they cleanse, you can do it again, on command. If they are any of the classes who get the harmful stolen-skills, they're in deep shit if they don't dodge or manage to cleanse em all.

That's why I am hesitant to say "Just make it instant-cast, that's the only change I want".

Archived