Battle of Kyhlo change rumours

Forsty.7968

@Catonymous.1795 said:I think we can all agree that the trebs need to become a more relevant aspect of the map. To this end, I propose we connect the treb platforms to the middle node by using wooden bridges™.

I'd change the controls of the trebuchet to zoom out the user for a higher perspective, and be ground targeted so it's easier to hit the exact spot you want to hit, and to turn and fire faster, while keeping the same projectile speed. Also increase its damage by 20% and double the trebuchet's health. But in exchange players need to grab the ammo for the trebuchet and bring it to it.

Each trebuchet would have an ammo depot next to it that would start with 5 ammo, and there would be ammo drops appearing at random spots with 5 ammo each every 2 minutes. The first time it'd be just 1 drop, then 2, then 3 at the same until the end of the match.Ammo picked would be on players as an effect, and players with ammo would be able to run to their trebuchet and use the ammo depot next to it to drop their ammo, giving 1 ammo and +10,000 HP to the depot that can have a maximum of 250,000HP, or 25 ammo.Players would only be able to hold onto 5 ammo at a time, and they will drop it if defeated.When manning the trebuchet, the ammo appears as skill charges for the ground-targeted attack. And targeting the ammo depot will show the ammo as stacks of the ammo effect applied to it under its name, and also as its health bar, as every 10,000HP would be 1 ammo.Breaking the trebuchet would not make it lose any ammo, but hitting the ammo depot would make it drop 1 ammo every 10,000 damage.When the trebuchet is broken it would still be possible to put ammo in its depot, but obviously not firing until it's repaired with a repair kit.

This way the trebuchet isn't something someone sits on since people need to grab ammo, yet it's something powerful if you can keep your defended and supplied.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Guizao.4167 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:Both "overhaul" and "next patch" are inaccurate.

The only other changes we've been experimenting with on Kyhlo are possible treb changes.

and those bridges at mid point?

Those aren't planned anymore, as they are already live. And yes, we forgot the patch note on that one.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Both "overhaul" and "next patch" are inaccurate.

The only other changes we've been experimenting with on Kyhlo are possible treb changes.

Those aren't planned anymore, as they are already live. And yes, we forgot the patch note on that one.

What about other maps like Spirit Watch? I'd love to see them in ranked. And why Legacy of the Foefire has the biggest mid area? It's the map I loathe the most.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Guizao.4167 said:

What about other maps like Spirit Watch? I'd love to see them in ranked. And why Legacy of the Foefire has the biggest mid area? It's the map I loathe the most.

Don't want to get too far off of post topic. We'd like to do some changes to the orb mechanic at some point. We have a task on the backlog for it, but it's not on our current "In progress" list.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

Don't want to get too far off of post topic. We'd like to do some changes to the orb mechanic at some point. We have a task on the backlog for it, but it's not on our current "In progress" list.

Interesting. Thanks.

Archived