Hearts and Minds chapter 16 issue :/

Awayne.5783

I went into the chapter 16 living story solo and was going to do it. I made 1 mistake 30 minutes later and died and the WHOLE thing reset.Usually in a LS if you die it lets you spawn and take over where you left off ( just with damaged armor). Why did LS HOT Ch 16 hearts and minds do that to me? :( I was pretty ticked about it.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

@ReaverKane.7598 said:Well, when you die all boss fights usually reset.

That isn't true in more recent storyline episodes and even some open world bosses (PoF bounties, for example). I expect this was ANet's way of designing more challenging encounters without making it impossible to complete for less skilled players.

This isn't recent story line... And really, bounties don't reset when everyone wipes?

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

That isn't true in more recent storyline episodes and even some open world bosses (PoF bounties, for example). I expect this was ANet's way of designing more challenging encounters without making it impossible to complete for less skilled players.

This isn't recent story line... And really, bounties don't reset when everyone wipes?

I know it isn't. I was replying to your comment: "Well, when you die all boss fights usually reset."

Perhaps the expectation of checkpoints or bosses not resetting came from more recent content?

And yes, PoF bounty bosses do not reset their health bar when there are no players left alive. You can die and run back as much as you like. However, you only have 10 minutes to defeat these bosses before they despawn and the bounty goes on cooldown.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:

I know it isn't. I was replying to your comment: "Well, when you die all boss fights usually reset."

Perhaps the expectation of checkpoints or bosses not resetting came from more recent content?

And yes, PoF bounty bosses do not reset their health bar when there are no players left alive. You can die and run back as much as you like. However, you only have 10 minutes to defeat these bosses before they despawn and the bounty goes on cooldown.

I guess i misspoke on my first post, should have been "when you die most bosses usually reset" instead of "all".TBH i wasn't even really aware that they don't reset in recent story modes... Never needed it, and always worked under the assumption that they did.Also, the only time i think i died on a story boss recently (the Devourer of souls i think he's called? That guy you have to fight in order to return to life after Balth kills you) he did reset.Never realized that bounties don't reset... Nice!

• 3 months later...

Archived