What's your favorite GW2 tracks?

jokke.6239

@TexZero.7910 said:I think I found the track you're looking for. It's at the beginning of this video, and I'm shocked that it wasn't on the original soundtrack. It's one of my favorite of the Shiverpeaks pieces. Unfortunately, I can't find a name for it.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=nE6lOrw8JaoNah that isn't it, unfortunately. I starts off with just a solo violin (or fiddle, I can't tell the difference sometimes) playing quite a bit higher than that, and it's something I've only ever heard in Bitterfrost.

I thought I'd try getting a recording with my phone, but it wouldn't play for that hour+ I was just waiting for it... It seems to come up every now and then when I'm doing whatever on the map, but it always gets my attention.

My personal Top 10:

1. The Last Great City of Men (Divinity's Reach's theme, which includes motifs of Old Ascalon from GW1 <3)
  2. Overture (I love that GW1 motif) and Logan's Journey (can't decide between the two)
  3. Lonar's Pass (so peaceful when you roam the Shiverpeaks, the snow crunching under your feet)
  4. Dawn in Shaemoor (makes me feel "at home", so to speak)
  5. Zhaitan (a cappella at its best)
  6. The Sea of Sorrows (somehow reminds me of Cantha, although the "Tengu Wall" motif is a lot more Asian in its harmonies)
  7. A Land Restored (reminds me a lot of Clannad's beautiful music)
  8. Kormir's Whisper (it is seeping of adventure and danger at the same time)
  9. Explorers and Artifacts (I need a horse for a mount!)
  10. Sunrise of Astorea (it's magical)
  11. Honorable mention: Whispers in the Dark (its cockiness always puts a big smile on my face)

There are so many more great pieces by Jeremy and Julian Soule to be found in GW2's soundtrack that are all exciting, amazing, magical, simply beautiful, and truly touch me deeply. The complete soundtrack can be found

By the way, does anyone else think that "The Charr Triumphant" sounds like was taken from a Lord of the Rings movie? ;).

P.S. Please, ANet, make the whole soundtrack available for download in high quality, I would love to be able to listen to it while on the road.

@Celldrax.2849 said:

@TexZero.7910 said:I think I found the track you're looking for. It's at the beginning of this video, and I'm shocked that it wasn't on the original soundtrack. It's one of my favorite of the Shiverpeaks pieces. Unfortunately, I can't find a name for it.

Nah that isn't it, unfortunately. I starts off with just a solo violin (or fiddle, I can't tell the difference sometimes) playing quite a bit higher than that, and it's something I've only ever heard in Bitterfrost.

I thought I'd try getting a recording with my phone, but it wouldn't play for that hour+ I was just waiting for it... It seems to come up every now and then when I'm doing whatever on the map, but it always gets my attention.

Dangit, sorry about that! : (

@Celldrax.2849 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:By the way, does anyone else think that "The Charr Triumphant" sounds like was taken from a Lord of the Rings movie? ;)it is kind of reminiscent of the part towards the end of the Uruk-Hai piece.

This, however, sounds like something straight out of the Star Wars franchise.

It does have a certain "Imperial March" quality to it. ;)

@Celldrax.2849 said:

Nah that isn't it, unfortunately. I starts off with just a solo violin (or fiddle, I can't tell the difference sometimes) playing quite a bit higher than that, and it's something I've only ever heard in Bitterfrost.

Is it this one? Technically from Guild Wars (1), but does crop up in GW2.

@"Celldrax.2849" said:And by the way, does anyone know if there exists an upload of a particular piece of Bitterfrost music? I assume it's the start of the track, but it's the one that has that high solo violin playing for a bit.

That would be pretty high up there for me if I could find it (or at least put a name to it).

Hmm, are you really sure it's only played at Bitterfrost? Somehow I recalled about a song with high solo violin and that one isn't in any official released soundtrack. It's even "unnamed" for me yet and I have heard it since I started playing and at several random areas. Later I could try to link it here if possible.

@Ceridwen.6703 said:Is it this one? Technically from Guild Wars (1), but does crop up in GW2.

Oh shit, that's the one. Never played first GW so I had no idea.

Thanks a lot for that.

@shadow.6174 said:Hmm, are you really sure it's only played at Bitterfrost? Somehow I recalled about a song with high solo violin and that one isn't in any official released soundtrack. It's even "unnamed" for me yet and I have heard it since I started playing and at several random areas. Later I could try to link it here if possible.If that's the case, I'm really surprised I'd forget since I always remembered hearing it in Bitterfrost.

Ah, memory is a fickle thing...

Archived