Why we don't have decent rewards on PoF maps?

Malafaia.8903

Hey there!

First of all i wanna say that i like ALL of the PoF maps and i feel very sad that i need to play like 3 days doing events and some of the metas on this maps to be rewarded for the same ammount of ONE RUN in Istan.The trade contracts are hard to get and the rewards you get from caches is just worthless.

Even enjoying the maps i just feel like an idiot playing on them :/

The conspicuous absence of any sort of event structure combined with poor incentives was almost enough to ruin this expansion for me. I know it's what many players asked for (a return to core Tyria-style gameplay), but personally I feel HoT was absolutely brilliant while PoF is only saved by mounts, the bounty system, and elite specs (I just love Mirage!).

I'm not sure they can fix the events at this point, but they could at least improve the rewards.

@"AliamRationem.5172" said:The conspicuous absence of any sort of event structure combined with poor incentives was almost enough to ruin this expansion for me. I know it's what many players asked for (a return to core Tyria-style gameplay), but personally I feel HoT was absolutely brilliant while PoF is only saved by mounts, the bounty system, and elite specs (I just love Mirage!).

I'm not sure they can fix the events at this point, but they could at least improve the rewards.

I don't think the events are bad, but i sure think more chains would be awesome, i really like that alive feeling on the environment.You need a lot more effort to deal with even the simplest events on PoF (like Forged raids) than pressing 11111111 on Istan (where your only worry is to get that champ target and try to "tag" it).

And yes, improving the rewards would be a great step on bringing those maps back to the game.

@"Vavume.8065" said:The whole game needs a rewards overhaul, 3s for completing an event in a level 80 zone is just trolling.

Yeah, i always thought that this makes no sense, but think about it: Maybe it was plausible on game launch, but economy and inflation can't be controlled, the devs can try to balance a bit, but it's something that's "alive", so balancing rewards thru money would be really hard.

What really bothers me is people hitting "Tab" -> "1" in the keyboard while watching TV being well rewarded while i'm sitting here, focusing on the game, doing content that needs focus, looking at my health bar, reacting to mobs and getting nothing for it.

Basically i play the game how it should be played for fun but if i want to get the shinnies, the true end-game content, i need to start Netflix first and walk hitting 1 on my keyboard. It's really sad.

As a newer player I find the rewards in this game horrible across the board.It's all junk loot and busy work getting rid of it.

This is especially pronounced if you use a boost as a new player. You're given a full set of exotics which renders 100% of loot obsolete.The only good loot is what you buy or craft. Which begs the question; why is any of it in the loot table to begin with?

Why would someone want a stack of greens from lvl 80 content?Why is anything below exotic even on the loot table in level 80 zones?

Loot is not a fun or interesting part of this game. Which is why I think a lot of people burn out. You're being given piles of junk you'll never even mouse over let alone equip.

As a newer player I find the rewards in this game horrible across the board.It's all junk loot and busy work getting rid of it.

This is especially pronounced if you use a boost as a new player. You're given a full set of exotics which renders 100% of loot obsolete.The only good loot is what you buy or craft. Which begs the question; why is any of it in the loot table to begin with?

Why would someone want a stack of greens from lvl 80 content?Why is anything below exotic even on the loot table in level 80 zones?

Loot is not a fun or interesting part of this game. Which is why I think a lot of people burn out. You're being given piles of junk you'll never even mouse over let alone equip. What's the point of it?

Then there's the argument of negatively impacting crafters by having good sigil and armor drop.

GOOD. increasing drop rates of good items would drive the prices down to more reasonable levels so a new player doesn't have to fork out 5g for a measly +5% dmg force sigil.

@"Malafaia.8903" said:Hey there!

First of all i wanna say that i like ALL of the PoF maps and i feel very sad that i need to play like 3 days doing events and some of the metas on this maps to be rewarded for the same ammount of ONE RUN in Istan.The trade contracts are hard to get and the rewards you get from caches is just worthless.

Even enjoying the maps i just feel like an idiot playing on them :/

Really terrible mistake. HoT maps are really good once you set aside some of the problems with mastery points and exploration. They're very replayable, and 2 years later, there's still people there, doing the meta events daily.

PoF maps are a visit once and forget experience, which is really depressing. I don't know why they didn't put any attention on events. Deadline problems? Maybe bounties were supposed to replace them? Overreacting to the "bad press" from HoT being too event-centric?

I hope they go back and make PoF zones replayable, but I don't have any hopes. They seem to have moved forward, leaving PoF as it is, pretty much a single player game.

Even worse, what really makes this game shine among other MMOs is its meta events with the big bosses, and we got none, just two sorry excuses in the forged maw and serpent's ire, who are closer to vanilla's world bosses than HoT's.

@DMO.4158 said:As a newer player I find the rewards in this game horrible across the board.It's all junk loot and busy work getting rid of it.

Loot is not a fun or interesting part of this game. Which is why I think a lot of people burn out. You're being given piles of junk you'll never even mouse over let alone equip.

I've wondered about that a few times too. Equipping through loot has never been important for this game, yet we get equipment loot all the time.

I wonder if moving to less loot but more valuable would be healthier for the game. Right now we're bordering ARPG levels with the loot trash we get, and since none of it is actually useful for your character's progression, it kinda kills its purpose, while giving a really bad impression for new players who haven't understood the nature of the game yet.

I don't remember when was the last time I equipped something from loot. Maybe 2013, with some dungeon weapons.

Even materials lose their purpose after a while, since you don't have anything interesting to spend them on, since crafting new equipment is not needed for anything at all.

It's bizarre to me. I'm getting showered with loot and little chimes and dings all the time but not once has any of it served a purpose.

All these chests within chests with bags inside of bags but nothing of use. It's just crafting material fodder which forces you to spend money breaking it down. My bank is full of stuff I'll never use. Crafting in this game is atrocious. I'll never touch it again.

If they aren't going to drop us anything useful, there should be an option to opt out of loot below a certain threshold in lieu of straight gold.

I'm also never gonna take the time to go through it and sell stacks on the TP. So no one would be missing out on potential crafting materials because I have zero intentions of selling it.Just dealing with the bank and going back and forth to the TP on a daily basis. Lame busy work.

Bah, PoF, with all its zones where everything within a 5 feet radius wants to kill you, the rewards are abysmal, to say the least. I did the main story, got a griffon and never looked back to those maps. Not only is it unrewarding but badly optimized as well.

To be honest, I have been playing for years and rewards are pretty dire across the whole game. (In my experience anyway.)I only PVE so it might be better in game types I don't have an interest in.For example, after killing the VB legendary wyvern I got a grey drop.Made worse that my class couldn't use it...Been grinding HoT for over a year when a new player got an ascended drop on their first event.Says it all....Also meta maps are all well and good if there are actually anybody doing the bloody things..Kinda getting bored of soloing 'group' events for rubbish loot I can get in Queensdale...

@Noa.7490 said:Bah, PoF, with all its zones where everything within a 5 feet radius wants to kill you, the rewards are abysmal, to say the least. I did the main story, got a griffon and never looked back to those maps. Not only is it unrewarding but badly optimized as well.

I like the fact that the maps are challenging. I just want to get rewards on the same proportion.

In S3 we were able to get ascended trinkets. So far in S4 we have got almost nothing in comparison. Outside of map stuff, what, miniatures?

The core expansion is the same way. New skins and stuff in HOT. Barely anything in POF. In HOT they had the justifiable reason that much of the work was in creating systems but they do not have that in POF. Even the new elites are meh .... I have not bothered to get any of them.

Archived