Possible reworks/Changes to Holosmith utilities

Carran.9158

Hi I'm Karian, a WvW Roamer. I've been playing holosmith since PoF beta and found that Holosmith utilities are quite bad compared to what core engi offers, so I'd like to start a post so we can all post ideas on how to make the new spec skills more atracttive and who knows, we may get something x)

Flash Spark (Spectrum Shield belt): Reworked belt skill with optical camouflage (stealth) - With this change it could finally replace our elixir SPhoton wall: make the 50% heat version to place shields in all directions/make the 50% heat version to knockback when launchedParticle Accelerator (Photon wall belt): Reworked skill, make it like a guardians sword #2 - should make mele engi more viableHard Light Arena: 50% heat version, remove increased duration, your oponent can't exit arena like Dragon Hunter's bow #5Laser Disk: reworked skill, engi binds the target with a laser that deals damage then has the chance to reactivate to tp to the target (I'm high on this one)

Anyway, just some ideas that have crossed my mind... post yours!

Also, if anyone interested in Holo montages: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyX5jkIwGyCvITKzZQ2fe4g?view_as=subscriber

Its odd that there not added effect on the "light" utility skills for holo. Maybe add in a 100% heat effect when you trait for 150 max heat. Or even when you over heat the utility get a stronger effect from the overheating GM.

I though only ele did not get added effects from there trait lines for there skills hehe.

@coglin.1496 said:No thanks.i do not believe the skills need a rework. I feel their functionality is fine, they simply need a cooldown reduction.

And 100% heat bonuses.

Some more ideas for over 100% heat level

• Coolant Blast: Additionally Freezes affected targets for 1s.
  • Cauterize: 3 additional conditions(9 total).
  • Photon Wall: Additionally Reflects 20% the blocked/reflected skill damage.
  • Launch Wall: 2 Additional walls(5 total).
  • Particle Acelerator: Also grants Quickness/Slow.
  • Lazer Disk: Lasts longer(12s total).
  • Blade Burst: Additionally, each blade explodes after the 1st impact, damaging nearby foes(120 radius).
  • Hard Light Arena: Additionally, has the CD decreased in 20%.
  • Prismatic Singularity: The explosion dazes for 1s.
  • Spectrun Shield: Lasts longer (6s total).
  • Flash Spark: Larger radius and reveals.
  • Prime Light Beam: Decreased CD in 50%.

@JETWING.2759 said:

@coglin.1496 said:No thanks.i do not believe the skills need a rework. I feel their functionality is fine, they simply need a cooldown reduction.

And 100% heat bonuses.

• Blade Burst: Additionally, each blade explodes after the 1st impact, damaging nearby foes(120 radius).

This would only work if you have the GM trait that gets you 150%. This wouldn’t help builds that don’t use this. That’s no good.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

And 100% heat bonuses.

This would only work if you have the GM trait that gets you 150%. This wouldn’t help builds that don’t use this. That’s no good.

This may increases build diversification. Make other builds viable than only Thermal Valve.

About rework on Holosmith utilities, i'd think that Anet will not address resources on that for now.They want just change some numbers or at max make minor changes easy to handle.

A simple way to make some changes without a complete rework is address some suport potential to make it possible nerf the damage in some game modes without completly kills the elite.A secondary skill may be perfect.E.g.

• Spectrun Shield: While active, this skill can be splited to nearby allies with reduced power(25% damage and condition damage redution). The duration is the lasting amount of original skill.
  • Hard light arena: While active, this skill can be bursted into a photovoltaic area, granting only a single stack of Protection, Fury and Regeneration with duration equals to the lasting duration of the HLA. This burst leaves a Lightning field for 1or 2 sec that stuns enemies.

@JETWING.2759 said:

And 100% heat bonuses.

This may increases build diversification. Make other builds viable than only Thermal Valve.

About rework on Holosmith utilities, i'd think that Anet will not address resources on that for now.They want just change some numbers or at max make minor changes easy to handle.

A simple way to make some changes without a complete rework is address some suport potential to make it possible nerf the damage in some game modes without completly kills the elite.A secondary skill may be perfect.E.g.
  • Spectrun Shield: While active, this skill can be splited to nearby allies with reduced power(25% damage and condition damage redution). The duration is the lasting amount of original skill.
  • Hard light arena: While active, this skill can be bursted into a photovoltaic area, granting only a single stack of Protection, Fury and Regeneration with duration equals to the lasting duration of the HLA. This burst leaves a Lightning field for 1or 2 sec that stuns enemies.

That’s fine and all but they need to add those extra 100% buffs to the GM trait and not the skills themselves.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

And 100% heat bonuses.

That’s fine and all but they need to add those extra 100% buffs to the GM trait and not the skills themselves.

How they can even add them to the skills themselves? It wouldn’t make any sense >.>

This and some improvements. But i most of the time the mechanics themselfs are fine.

My proposals:Flash spark: 30s CD. Gives light aura right if the bat. Half the CD if over heat threhold.So its a fine counter part of spectrum shield just against condis instead of raw dmg.Optional: Also a stunbreak.

Prismatic Singularity: Could see this as a toolbelt skill for the laser disk but its Also fine in the current state.

Blade burst: Feels kind off for me because its a mainly single target skill instead of AoE. If it would attack up to 5 targets arround the holo would be neat. But on the conservative site, i'd say half the CD to make it more accesible.

Particle accelerator: I dont know if this bounces off targets or not, if not i would add it.

The utilities themself seem fine. I mainly bother with the toolbelt skills if them.

@Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

And 100% heat bonuses.

thats the whole point the GM trait is useless currently as Only sword skills benefit from the 100% heat

on that note:Cauterize cleansing 9 conditions would be a death sentence to engi, remember it gives 1 burn per condi cleansed so that would be about 4000 damage lost while cleansing conditions

maybe make launch walls have 1s knockback have it be stackable in pve so it gives holo breakbar potential wich it lacks , and make it non stackable in pvp

i think at most prime light beam could be reduced by 25% so give it that and +50-100% breakbar damage

(actually the launch wall knockback should work on 50% heat too :v )

Hard Light Arena: Target cap should increase to 10 when above 50% heat.Prismatic Singularity (toolbelt for Hard Light Arena): Make the pull field move with the holosmith.Flash Spark (toolbelt for spectrum shield): Make it give shocking aura instead of light aura.Laser Disk: Add whirl finisher or 4 stacks of vuln per proc.Photon Blitz (holoform 4): Increase range to 900, increase heat gain to 3%Refraction cutter (sword 2): Change 4s bleed per projectile to 1 stack of 1s burn per projectile.

Archived