Disappointed about Preorder

Everyone seems to be missing my original point. I do not know if this is unpurpose just to fanboy bash me or a legitimate oversite. I am complaining about the business practice and the choices made with the preorder including the time of day. I also wanted to make clear to them the disincentive with a preorder. A preorder will incentivize in the beginning but then can have the opposite effect afterward. I will clearly get less for the same money after launch so I can either accept this or decided instead to wait for a price drop to again incentivize me to make a similar purchase. The types of items offered are relatively unimpressive and are similar to what was offered in the deluxe versions which you could upgrade to at a later date. It seems to me that they took items away from the deluxe package in order to create a preorder package and I find this distasteful. I am simply expressing my dislike to them in hopes that they will not repeat this mistake in the future. I know it seems like everyone disagrees with my perspective on this but this is not true. The few who are actually posting are just the vocal minority. Criticizing me in the way that has been done so far is not an argument.

if you were going to purchase it on launch day, why not purchase it during the week before the launch day. it's not like you were going to wait for reviews to see if it was worth buying... so what made you not buy it 1-5 days prior to launch, I really can't understand.besides, you can upgrade to the deluxe edition with gems in the gemstore (basically in-game gold if you have enough)

@"Cinnamon Goddess.3869" said:Everyone seems to be missing my original point. I do not know if this is unpurpose just to fanboy bash me or a legitimate oversite. I am complaining about the business practice and the choices made with the preorder including the time of day. I also wanted to make clear to them the disincentive with a preorder. A preorder will incentivize in the beginning but then can have the opposite effect afterward. I will clearly get less for the same money after launch so I can either accept this or decided instead to wait for a price drop to again incentivize me to make a similar purchase. The types of items offered are relatively unimpressive and are similar to what was offered in the deluxe versions which you could upgrade to at a later date. It seems to me that they took items away from the deluxe package in order to create a preorder package and I find this distasteful. I am simply expressing my dislike to them in hopes that they will not repeat this mistake in the future. I know it seems like everyone disagrees with my perspective on this but this is not true. The few who are actually posting are just the vocal minority. Criticizing me in the way that has been done so far is not an argument.

I'm really struggling to understand what your concern is. Surely, if the pre-order bonuses are unimpressive, it shouldn't matter to you at all about missing the deadline. At the same time, you clearly understand that ANet has good reasons to offer incentives to people for plunking down some change on the game in advance of launch, so you acknowledge that there's a reason for that deadline.

If all you wanted to do was express displeasure in the business practice, you could have just said, "I don't think ANet should offer incentives to people for pre-ordering" because it's unfair to those who aren't able to purchase in advance. Instead, you've spent a lot of time criticize those who disagree, about how you missed the deadline, about whether the incentives were sufficient. Whatever message you intended for ANet (and the rest of us) has gotten lost in a sea of words.

If you were interested enough in the game to know the release date and incentives for pre-purchasing , it seems odd that you didn't notice the plethora of announcements declaring the launch time.

As for the complaint about the launch time, why shouldn't it be released early in the day, so the Devs are readily available for any unexpected issues? Or do you feel they should only have to work after midnight because their jobs are less important?

@"Cinnamon Goddess.3869" said:Of course, I waited as should everyone. Nobody should really preorder anything because it leads to lazy programming and substandard products. The benefit to preordering should only be immediate access to the content. The benefit lies mainly with the corporation getting money upfront to better understand how much time they can sink into a product. Unfortunately, more often than not it leads to a lesser product because they already have your money and are no longer obligated to work for it.

Excelsior.You are confusing "early access" and this widespread plague called "crowdfunding".But at the time we were asked to pre-order, the expansion was surely done 90% content-wise, so you can't use your indeed valid argument to ArenaNet. Just like with printed media, there is a deadline when no things are really changed. The package is being created and ready to distribute. You are acting as if they showed us 3 concept arts and we pre-orderers jumped on it with our money. That's is blatantly wrong, and you know that.

I think pre-order is a good measurement to see the interest on the new product, to plan a bit better. A big complaint of the bad start of FF14's expansion "Stormblood" a few months ago was mainly "They knew the pre-orders, how can the server capacities reach their limit so fast?".

Sorry, but I am baffled a lot. I am also in real life surrounded by more and more people that are always complain about stuff they feel entitled to without acting in time. I see many guys at work coming too late to buy a bargin offered for one week and going rampant, people that were too cool for school now complaining about bad job situations, people that worked in mini jobs to have more time for drugs and party now complaining about their bad pension and low insurance coverage. Students at college, now 31 years, with no diplomas because "college life is fun with all the welfare they get" and then jobbing at McDonald's because of no work experience. People that don't get certain papers before deadline being angry or people that do not buy in time and then get angry again. Get off your couch and act. It's not that hard, even in times where mega companies deliver anything to said couch. Get up and become active. I know, that's off-topic, but this attitude is touching the issues in my last paragraph pretty well, isn't it?

Archived