broken damage numbers

Blackjack.5621

If Deadeye had daze (STUN) mantra and could line up perfect one shot DJs without a sweat, would mesmers be saying the same kitten? Imagine the mesmer minds being lost if they removed DJ reveal, blah blah blah thief OP 25k one shot DJ from stealth!

If you dont have perfect connection and DA runs quickness and shoot from close distance you pretty much die to it :>

• The Mesmer is one team mate out of five and can 100-0 a opponent. Think about that for a second. This type of phenomenon doesn't even exist in pve. A Mesmer hits harder than a raid boss without the long telegraph abilities. You know like....a boss charging for 5 seconds before everyone has to run out. Or a specific phase when the entire environment changes and players know they have to do this to survive. Nope, Mesmer is doing what a raid boss does near instantly and coming out of stealth.

All this famous oneshots i ever met died close to instant and failed hard to kill something ,heck , i can tell you high ego mesmer that died 1x2 against me with that infamous instant mantra and couldnt even properly gank from stealth, all you should do is pretend you dont see him and dodge after ~2 seconds or blink elsewhere after 1.5s so he would blink and burst empty space ?You are clearly not in your fkn mind to compare PVP and PVE . Do u realize there is many oneshot builds ?Full dps bound thief(honorable mention to der assasin lul) Core guard ,FA ele with macros evaporate you in 0.1 second, static discharge engi that noone mention that shting instant toolbelt skills that does not less damage than full berserk mesmer with his mirror blade and its all has like 8s cd? deadeye that get over 30k crits with recent buff he just reapply mark with full malice and you are dead ? Soulbeast able to oneshot people as well and thats all happen in short span of time and can be done from stealth (FA cant stealth himself but can get stealth from allies) . You want them to have a huge red mark on top of them so you can always track them on minimap? (which you probably dont look at :D)Btw anyone can tell me why such utterly bad mesmer weapon as greatsword that have 2 useless skills (3,5) getting even more nerfs on top of CS/Mental anguish ? I thought anet learned that lesson when they removed 1 extra bounce and cuz it was completely dead and noone ever used it anymore they returned it back and its didnt worked and power specs been forgotten for a year ?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Odik.4587 said:You are clearly not in your kitten mind to compare PVP and PVE .

• Seeing that this is predominantly a pve game.
  • That they have no dedicated pvp balance team.
  • That class changes that are targeted at pve make their way into pvp.

It seems to that your statement is aimed at Anet, not me.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Mesmer/thief stay overpowered under the justification they require time investments to learn to extract their potential.I think rewarding people with god-tier classes for spending a bit of time to learn their class is a bit overkill though.

How can i delete this comment?

Mesmer/thief main can’t stand that he is not considered as skilled as he think he is for playing said classes? Or what you on?

@Aza.2105 said:

@Odik.4587 said:You are clearly not in your kitten mind to compare PVP and PVE .
  • Seeing that this is predominantly a pve game.
  • That they have no dedicated pvp balance team.
  • That class changes that are targeted at pve make their way into pvp.

It seems to that your statement is aimed at Anet, not me.

Should it be removed entirely or given everything a 2 seconds charge casts so all kind of people would be able to dodge them ? :)You comparing PvP to PvE and want to have the same in PvP like 2 seconds to be able to dodge mesmer burst that been in game for 5 years ,yet people refuse to learn how to not die to it ... If you dislike it why wont you stick with PVE where you have 5 seconds to dodge an attack with an obvious tell ?

@Odik.4587 said:Should it be removed entirely or given everything a 2 seconds charge casts so all kind of people would be able to dodge them ? :)

What should be removed exactly?

You comparing PvP to PvE and want to have the same in PvP like 2 seconds to be able to dodge mesmer burst that been in game for 5 years ,yet people refuse to learn how to not die to it ... If you dislike it why wont you stick with PVE where you have 5 seconds to dodge an attack with an obvious tell ?

Except thats not what I'm saying.

@dominik.9721 said:

@dominik.9721 said:1)use isntant stunbreak, press instant dodge2) use stab3) use blink4) use invuln

there is not a single class that does not have anything of those in their meta build

I mean GS shatter mesmer isn't even meta, like 90% of all the dps oneshots builds. Guess why.
  1. GS shatter mesmer is actually meta on metabattle, who knew? It's actually the only one shot build that is viable among all classes. \o/
  2. 20k worth of instant damage is not counterable lol. Not every stunbreak mitigates damage, so you break stun and eat damage anyway in that instant. We don't all play Mirage you know.

If Deadeye had daze (STUN) mantra and could line up perfect one shot DJs without a sweat, would mesmers be saying the same kitten? Imagine the mesmer minds being lost if they removed DJ reveal, blah blah blah thief OP 25k one shot DJ from stealth!

1) Just because it's on metabattle doesnt mean its meta. As a former ESL player I can tell you that this site has absoultly zero validity with the reference to 'meta'.

I care more about what metabattle says than what some random former ESL player says. ESL has been gone for like 2 years, no one cares that you played in bunker wars 2 years ago. I guess metabattle is wrong about every other meta build too, nope s/d thief, bunker druid, FB, and scourge are all unmeta! Because LOL I said so and I'm an ESL player from 10 metas ago! /s

2) The dmg is not instant. Before he can oneshot with mindwrack he has to hit mirrorblade twice. It also does not matter if the stunbreak migates dmg: press stunbreak -> press dodge

You are completly clueless

1. Stealth and/or Blink
  2. Only takes one GS2 bounce to make a clone to shatter which is practically instant from melee
  3. Stunbreak + dodge is two button presses. You are suggesting two reaction-dependent button presses counters 1 hit KO instant burst, lol. Not saying it's not possible, but it is a dumb cop out that falls through with even 100 ping.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

@dominik.9721 said:1)use isntant stunbreak, press instant dodge2) use stab3) use blink4) use invuln

there is not a single class that does not have anything of those in their meta build

I mean GS shatter mesmer isn't even meta, like 90% of all the dps oneshots builds. Guess why.
  1. GS shatter mesmer is actually meta on metabattle, who knew? It's actually the only one shot build that is viable among all classes. \o/
  2. 20k worth of instant damage is not counterable lol. Not every stunbreak mitigates damage, so you break stun and eat damage anyway in that instant. We don't all play Mirage you know.

1) Just because it's on metabattle doesnt mean its meta. As a former ESL player I can tell you that this site has absoultly zero validity with the reference to 'meta'.

I care more about what metabattle says than what some random former ESL player says. ESL has been gone for like 2 years, no one cares that you played in bunker wars 2 years ago. I guess metabattle is wrong about every other meta build too, nope s/d thief, bunker druid, FB, and scourge are all unmeta! Because LOL I said so and I'm an ESL player from 10 metas ago! /s

2) The dmg is not instant. Before he can oneshot with mindwrack he has to hit mirrorblade twice. It also does not matter if the stunbreak migates dmg: press stunbreak -> press dodge

1. Stealth
  2. Only takes one GS2 bounce to make a clone to shatter which is practically instant from melee
  3. Stunbreak + dodge is two button presses. You are suggesting two reaction-dependent button presses counters 1 hit KO instant burst, lol. Not saying it's not possible, that's just a dumb excuse that falls through with even 100 ping.

I just want to point out that Gs burst isn’t a one hit ko and involves a lot more than two buttons presses which is what you need to avoid it.

The fact that you want to insist it’s a 1 hit KO, to me, kills your entire argument. Since you like metabattle you can look at just how many steps it takes and then update your post to reflect that please.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

1. Stealth
  3. Stunbreak + dodge is two button presses. You are suggesting two reaction-dependent button presses counters 1 hit KO instant burst, lol. Not saying it's not possible, that's just a dumb excuse that falls through with even 100 ping.

I just want to point out that Gs burst isn’t a one hit ko and involves a lot more than two buttons presses which is what you need to avoid it.

The fact that you want to insist it’s a 1 hit KO, to me, kills your entire argument. Since you like metabattle you can look at just how many steps it takes and then update your post to reflect that please.

Mesmers act like GS2 F1 is the most complicated thing in the world it's hilarious lol.

And yes I know to stun with F3 or mantra while casting GS2, to add Jaunt before shatter but after GS2 bounce to add a clone, and to GS3 afterwards. OOoOOooo high tier gameplay. As long as you're not stupidly keybound or playing on a steering wheel controller, anyone can pull off that combination of skills from stealth or mid Blink.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

1. Stealth

Mesmers act like GS2 F1 is the most complicated thing in the world it's hilarious lol.

And yes I know to stun with F3 or mantra while casting GS2, to add Jaunt before shatter but after GS2 bounce to add a clone, and to GS3 afterwards. OOoOOooo high tier gameplay. As long as you're not stupidly keybound or playing on a steering wheel controller, anyone can pull off that combination of skills from stealth or mid Blink.

Where did I say it was complicated? I simply asked that rather than say it was a 1 hit ko you reflect your post to say that it is in reality a 6-8 skill combo. Which is greater than the two buttons it takes to avoid the damage.

Since you’re so smart then you should understand that. But obviously you’re hung up on the fact you must die frequently to mesmers and dislike them.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:Mesmer/thief stay overpowered under the justification they require time investments to learn to extract their potential.I think rewarding people with god-tier classes for spending a bit of time to learn their class is a bit overkill though.

How can i delete this comment?

Mesmer/thief main can’t stand that he is not considered as skilled as he think he is for playing said classes? Or what you on?

There is no easier class than mesmer and thief is pretty easy. Their skill floors are the core of the earth. There is no justification for being overpowered.

@dominik.9721 said:No, but you can do actually the same when the mesmer stealthes up in a teamfight.

Theoretically you can sure. But the way you approach answering questions is as if the game is a 1v1 game or you are in the perfect situation were you can follow your suggested directions. In the middle of a fight were there are giant aoe circles contaminating the point, that you are trying to not get hit by, and lets say a holo try to hard cc you. While a team mate is hitting a warrior who has full counter up. You then at the corner of your eye see a Mesmer stealth and you then begin to say to yourself 1, 2, 3 dodge.

@Aza.2105 said:

@dominik.9721 said:No, but you can do actually the same when the mesmer stealthes up in a teamfight.

Theoretically you can sure. But the way you approach answering questions is as if the game is a 1v1 game or you are in the perfect situation were you can follow your suggested directions. In the middle of a fight were there are giant aoe circles contaminating the point, that you are trying to not get hit by, and lets say a holo try to hard cc you. While a team mate is hitting a warrior who has full counter up. You then at the corner of your eye see a Mesmer stealth and you then begin to say to yourself
1, 2, 3 dodge

Fact of the matter is, when a mesmer stealthes up you have enough reaction time to predict the burst, react to the burst and to evade the burst.

Also when you consider a teamfight:the mesmer is not able to do his oneshot combo properly. Weakness spreading around, enemy thief chasing you, your target is near a firebrand who provides stability and protection, the scourge applying barrier ect. ect.

You all pretend everytime the mesmer stealthes up someone dies. Its actually exactly the opposite. With a chance of 90% the mesmer does not get a clean oneshot and spends more time with disengaging than with actually dealing dps.

@dominik.9721 said:

Then keep pretending you are clueless and act ignorant. If you think that Greatsword-Shatter mesmer is meta right now,because it's listed on metabatlle, you aren't even worth to spend my time answering. Normally, those who put metabattle as a reference are nonames who were too bad to achieve anything in the game since 2012 back then and get slapped in daily ATs second round nowadays, struggeling to get past 1500 raiting.

And former ESl-player means Im somewhat actually good at the game, unlike you who cares about metabattle and cries about GS-mesmer.There is a reason why not a single good team is playing with GS-mesmer, guess why.

1. Stealth and/or Blink
  3. Stunbreak + dodge is two button presses. You are suggesting two reaction-dependent button presses counters 1 hit KO instant burst, lol. Not saying it's not possible, but it is a dumb cop out that falls through with even 100 ping.

1) blink doesn't change anything since you still have the casttime and animation of mirroblade / stealth from torch makes the burst predictable2) no it's not instant from melee since mirrorblade has an obvious animation + casttime3) mirrorblade+f1 is also "two button presses"

You are so cringe

I play a squishy dps class myself and not even firebrand, druid or some other tanky class and I still dont get oneshot 90% of the time.Learn to play.

Lol all the assumptions I never even said I get one shot by mesmers. In fact earlier in this post I said I'm fine with the burst meta. But the fact is mesmer has way too much burst damage potential and easy burst setup that no other class has.

Archived