Creating a comprehensive spreadsheet to organize Nevermore stuff

Sila.6748

--- I've been contemplating starting on the path to make Nevermore, but after looking at gw2efficiency and the wiki I realized just how overwhelming it was to look at that. It didn't make any sense to me, being a visual person who needs things in tables and side by side and broken down into little pieces. I was getting lost among tabs of chasing down little bits of info to see what made what and what was needed to make a certain thing... You get the idea.

So I made a spreadsheet to try and separate it all in smaller, easier to understand portions. But I'd like some tips from anyone who's actually crafted it before (or understands what I'm trying to do!) and to see how this is working or not working.

So here's the spreadsheet that took me about a day to make - and I think I got everything? I think it makes sense? But second opinions would be great too.

That looks like it offers the same thing as what I get from using the wiki and gw2e except with the disadvantage of needing manual updating on the progress. On the other hand I am very familiar with making legendaries so I already know where a bunch of the components are from so there is no need to track them. Maybe it would be more useful for someone who has never made one.

The difference is also not having to have 10 million tabs open to see what is needed to craft what when you've never done a legendary before. I have no clue (without looking it up) what makes a Gift of Maguuma mastery, or what makes gift of battle, etc. I had dozens of tabs open just to get an idea of what was needed and it was overwhelming and confusing, for me at least this made it less confusing. It may not be as effective for everyone, I'm just trying to see if I covered everything in the 'right order' so to speak, or if I missed a step, put something in the wrong order, etc. The wiki, for example, doesn't tell you at what stage you need to craft the different pre-cursor items that you need to later salvage...It just lists it at the very bottom of a long list of other things you also need to do.

obviously, if you've made legendaries before, you know the process.... But for someone who hasnt, it's a lot of little things to do just to find out what's needed. Maybe it's just me, but I find having to open a dozen tabs to be overwhelming, so I found it easier to put it into a spreadsheet all in one place.

I only skimmed through the sheet, but it seems comprehensive enough.The only thing I would add (in regards to “ I have no clue without looking it up what makes a Gift of Maguuma mastery, or what makes gift of battle, etc.”) at the very start of the sheet, “Start Gift of Battle reward track”

• 2 weeks later...

“Gift of the Raven Spirit: Recieved when The Mechanism is unlocked or purchased from Grand Master Hobbs.”

Gift of the Raven Spirit is awarded by completing Nevermore IV: The Raven Spirit. You should go through the rest and proof read. Your Doc is ok as a penultimate overview. The OP is planning his own Doc with all the info he needs from start to finish of Nevermore.

I do have a similar checklist while I progress my transformation of Dusk into Twilight. I keep track of what I have or have not acquired; running tallies of account-bound material quotas; and importantly, if I have achieved certain thresholds -- including getting 250 of a certain item I need to hold onto. It's a great indicator of progress. It not only shows you what you've finished, but it also helps you understand what still needs to be done. How the both of you have done this is different, but it conveys the same idea. I encourage those who are undertaking these journies to do the same, so you don't lose track of what's been done or needs to be done.

Archived