[Suggestion] Armor Repair Change & WP on Defeat

Zoe.8310

Now that Armor Repair really serves little to no purpose, I suggest the following changes:They should _remove _the WP cost to revive within the SAME zone, and then add back the cost to repair.

There are some other great ideas and suggestions back in the original forum thread (click here!)Double charging back at launch was dumb, but letting people camp and wait for a rez is worse.

Speaking of rezzing, I really wish they would implement the WvW system to all game types. No rezzing if you are in combat. And please, just remove the prompt to even offer it in WvW while we are at it ;-)

Do people not WP back because of costs? I had assumed it was mostly because they simply didn't want to run back. The WP cost is just so insignificant.

I think some people are also afraid to WP back and then lose credit for an event/kill for leaving. When that system was first updated a few years ago, losing credit was extremely sensitive. It hasn't been that way in a long time, but some people are slow to accept they won't lose credit.

Please do NOT add the WvW system of no rezing in combat... It's already annoying enough when I kneel down to rez someone and they waypoint away before I can get them up... and equally annoying when someone is yelling at you in local chat to rez them while you're currently getting knocked around by an enemy and don't have an opening to go rez them yet... making it so that we simply can't rez them because of combat would just make that worse... so please leave that in WvW only...

@Panda.1967 said:Please do NOT add the WvW system of no rezing in combat... It's already annoying enough when I kneel down to rez someone and they waypoint away before I can get them up... and equally annoying when someone is yelling at you in local chat to rez them while you're currently getting knocked around by an enemy and don't have an opening to go rez them yet... making it so that we simply can't rez them because of combat would just make that worse... so please leave that in WvW only...

If they removed the action/text prompt to press "F", would it not fix the issue? And people should soon learn that people can't rez you if they are fighting. I think the big issue is the inconsistency that in Raids and WvW you can't rez, but in Open World and Fractals, you can.... :-\

If it was consistent, I would hope it would teach people.

@starhunter.6015 said:No rezzing in raids during combat is there to make the challenging content challenging. Rezzing across the game works fine in all its forms and shouldn't be changed because some players are slow on the upkeep.

It makes sense in Open World for the exact same reasons it makes sense in WvW

• 3 weeks later...

No.

It's fine as it is, the main reason that we don't way point is because we're too lazy to run back. Heck, I never really way point in Dungeons or Fractals, I wait for them to revive me unless they can't reach me.

I love the repair system now that it won't cost you anything to repair your broken armor. However, it would be nice if they can somehow charge us if a piece of our armor is completely broken, like stark naked. It would be nice if the way point cost is increased too, this would serve as a good gold sink and encourage people to buy POF for mounts. heh.

They should keep the system for being able to revive on combat. What's the point of reviving people if you can't do it on combat?

@Zoe.8310 said:Now that Armor Repair really serves little to no purpose, I suggest the following changes:They should _remove _the WP cost to revive within the SAME zone, and then add back the cost to repair.Why?If a waypoint cost is bad, how is a repair cost better?

@Zoe.8310 said:There are some other great ideas and suggestions back in the original forum thread (click here!)Double charging back at launch was kitten, but letting people camp and wait for a rez is worse.Again, why? Do you really think that the primary issue is paying 2 silver?

@Zoe.8310 said:Speaking of rezzing, I really wish they would implement the WvW system to all game types. No rezzing if you are in combat. And please, just remove the prompt to even offer it in WvW while we are at it ;-)

There are a decent number of fights where it's actually useful that people can rez the dead. Just recently three of us were tackling a boss that we had no business managing without better builds or more people. And each of us double-downed twice. One person was able to kite and the other was able to take time to rez; without that, we would have wiped. With it, we took down the boss (only a tad slower than if we had known what we were doing).

I'm not against the change; I'm just not sure it's all that important for PvE.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Zoe.8310 said:Now that Armor Repair really serves little to no purpose, I suggest the following changes:They should _remove _the WP cost to revive within the
SAME
zone, and then
add
back the cost to repair.Why?If a waypoint cost is bad, how is a repair cost better?

Because you pay no penalty for failing if you are revived by others. The idea is that there should be a consequence to failing in any game. Some sort of meaning behind being defeated, otherwise, it feels empty and you lack one of the compelling reasons to improve your skills, change your build, examine your gear selections, etc. Right now, they are reinforcing the subconscious behavior to just bang your head on something till you beat it.

@Zoe.8310 said:There are some other great ideas and
Double charging back at launch was kitten, but letting people camp and wait for a rez is worse.Again, why? Do you really think that the primary issue is paying 2 silver?

No, I don't think the primary issue is a measly 2s, but more of the issue I posted above -- there is no risk of death if people around you can just rez you. Incentivizes people banging their head against difficult content.

@Zoe.8310 said:
Speaking of rezzing, I really wish they would implement the WvW system to all game types. No rezzing if you are in combat. And please, just remove the prompt to even offer it in WvW while we are at it ;-)

There are a decent number of fights where it's actually useful that people can rez the dead. Just recently three of us were tackling a boss that we had no business managing without better builds or more people. And each of us double-downed twice. One person was able to kite and the other was able to take time to rez; without that, we would have wiped. With it, we took down the boss (only a tad slower than if we had known what we were doing).

I'm not against the change; I'm just not sure it's all that important for PvE.

I think I covered what is inherently wrong with that approach in the comments above :-)

No repair cost and waypoints free while you're within that zone.If you're in Divinity's Reach and want to Waypoint to Lion's Arch without the Asuran Gate, then it should cost you.If you're in Malchor's Leap and want to Waypoint from the zone entrance all the way to the other end of the map, it shouldn't cost.

And even if that's a bit too much to ask, if someone is right in the same vicinity of a Waypoint (let's say they died 50 meters or so away from it) it should not cost one pe..er... copper.

Archived