Unidentified Gear: new mechanic? = Thank you!

Ashantara.8731

Am I getting this right? You no longer need special Identification Kits to identify said gear? =)

If this is the case, and it looks it is, I just wanted to take the time and say thank you for that, ANet. <3 It makes virtual life a lot easier, since there are so many other new things in PoF that one needs to become acquainted with, so one less worry now. :)

Not only that, they appear to be color coded in advance. ANet listened to the feedback! (Now, I admit that after I id'd a few greens and realized they were all greens, I stopped id'ing them. If I am wrong and the yellow items could come from a green or blue bag, I hope to learn that soon. Otoh I did get a yellow elonian warhorn from a yellow bag, so I -think- the info is there in advance as players requested).

@Donari.5237 said:Not only that, they appear to be color coded in advance. ANet listened to the feedback! (Now, I admit that after I id'd a few greens and realized they were all greens, I stopped id'ing them. If I am wrong and the yellow items could come from a green or blue bag, I hope to learn that soon. Otoh I did get a yellow elonian warhorn from a yellow bag, so I -think- the info is there in advance as players requested).

I did get a rare out of a blue stack. I think? If not it was definitely out of a green stack.

There are a lot of options to do with them, though. Vendor, salvage (I get so much mithril from it, make it stop...), unbox for loot, or throw it onto the TP, since it trades for above vendor value right now. :)

@Donari.5237 said:Not only that, they appear to be color coded in advance. ANet listened to the feedback! (Now, I admit that after I id'd a few greens and realized they were all greens, I stopped id'ing them. If I am wrong and the yellow items could come from a green or blue bag, I hope to learn that soon. Otoh I did get a yellow elonian warhorn from a yellow bag, so I -think- the info is there in advance as players requested).

I got quite a few yellows from green bags. That being said not getting the annoying trash runes is also a big bonus in my book.

Archived