Pitch your favorite profession !

DooM.6028

Let me start of by saying that I am fully aware that they're probly a million similar topics and I also know that there is no fully subjective answer to this.Nonetheless, I'd like some advice or input to make a decision.I have played this game on and off since launch but never totally got hooked. I've tried pretty much every class (most of them only 'till around lvl 20-30 tho) and I always find myself lacking something, beeing it mobility, ability to AOE, complexity, etc..That beeing said, i'd love to hear your ideas on:What class is the most fun/enjoyable to play in PVE (i don't play pvp) during leveling and ultimately in endgame.Here's what I plan on doing

• map completion
  • dungeons
  • fractals
  • raids

I am aware that there is as many good answers as there is possiblities but what im looking for is people pitching their favorite class so i can understand all the aspects of that class and find out which one attracts me the most.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

What I like may not be what you like. Because of this, it's a harder question to answer than you know. But given your criteria? Probably a minion-based necromancer for you.

Here's why:

It's my understanding that once you go necromancer, it's hard to play anything else in PvE.

Good luck!

I've played thief, guardian and now I switched over to mesmer after hitting 2x 100% map completion and I have to say I am blown away by the class. Ever since GW1 I have been sceptical about this class no idea why (maybe because it seemed to me pretty weak even though I never tried it) but now when I hit level 80 and am playing PvE I have to say that mesmer is the most fun (for me) class to play. I didn't unlock any of the elites yet so I can't say anything about that but for map completion I would definitely recommend mesmer. It is also relatively easy to solo champions/some bosses when you get to know your rotations and learn to use the clones effectively. I know that I am going to do the whole story from start to the finish with it and hell am I going to enjoy it.

In my opinion Mesmer is currently the best class in PvE. Solid in open world with strong melee/ranged power/condi builds. Has optimal fractal/dungeon/raid build as power, support and condi. Can remove boons, lots of CC options. Many ways to cheese of mechanics.

@DooM.6028 said:Let me start of by saying that I am fully aware that they're probly a million similar topics and I also know that there is no fully subjective answer to this.Nonetheless, I'd like some advice or input to make a decision.I have played this game on and off since launch but never totally got hooked. I've tried pretty much every class (most of them only 'till around lvl 20-30 tho) and I always find myself lacking something, beeing it mobility, ability to AOE, complexity, etc..That beeing said, i'd love to hear your ideas on:What class is the most fun/enjoyable to play in PVE (i don't play pvp) during leveling and ultimately in endgame.Here's what I plan on doing

• map completion
  • dungeons
  • fractals
  • raids

I am aware that there is as many good answers as there is possiblities but what im looking for is people pitching their favorite class so i can understand all the aspects of that class and find out which one attracts me the most.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

ive played since launch and have the opposite, i want to play everything at the same time and cant seem to stick to one character. i have several lv 80s one set of ascended medium and 40% map is my highest map completion...

Archived