99CM with Flux Bomb on Bullet Hell Phase is rather ridiculous IMO

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Sometimes I think I'm the only pugger that likes the randomized instabilities...

You're probably one of the very few :) the rest would be extremely happy with less punishment for same rewards ;)

Yes, lets just give all rewards when logging into the game

Imo when fractals get a update that changes the difficulty and makes them more annoying, the reward should also be updated.

Its like real world ok xD, when we have a job and we have to do extra work we get extra pay.

Really depends what you work for. Some companies even find ways to pay you less than minimum wage. Like they force you to rent their tools for absurd prices. Getting fair payments in real life basically does not happen. Or the trash men, doctors, firefighters and the like would earn the highest wages of all since they are the most valuable to society. Sadly the jobs that take the least amount of effort pay best (lawyers, investment banker, insurance, CEO etc).I doubt many people would even notice if all lawyers, bankers, CEOs and the like would all die tomorrow lol.The higher up you are in the hierachy the less work you have to do (maybe you have more responsibility, but I do not think that is worth paying 10 times to million times the income of a normal employee) per dollar. And after reaching a certain amount of dollars letting the money "work" for you is better income than any honest work you could do.

Sigh
fine, let's do the job analogy.

You used to volunteer at this strange job place -- get so many shinies for so much work in predictable shifts. Some shifts were shorter, some shifts longer. Schedule was set. And then boss starts demanding that you do those things you used to do during shifts but with a twist -- standing on one leg in a small basin of somewhat poisonous snakes with co-workers hitting you. Welders from the second floor sometimes throw plasma torch on the ground, or angry lumberjack from Canada tries to whack you with an axe. You still get exactly the same pay as before.

When you ask boss why the sudden change, boss tells you that your routine work became too boring for some of your co-workers ("but I am okay with my old work... -- I SAID IT'S TOO BORING SO HERE'S YOUR SPICE") and these new "improvements" take you out of your comfort zone and make things more interesting and challenging. You just don't get any extra pay, ha-ha, the process and challenge is the reward! Schedule was a bit predictable so workers started skipping particular days where bosses' "improvements" were making the whole thing really not worth the effort, so now boss re-hashes flashcards every week.

Then you also get new and different shifts -- about 3-5 times harder (hello, shift with Observatory, hello shift with Twilight Oasis, etc) and old short shift gets turned into extra long and tedious one (cause it was too short, and boss doesn't like "too short compared to average" -- now average is even longer as you've removed the minimum from the sequence, yay math).

Cases of repeatedly hospitalized shift workers that run away from shifts screaming after trying to perform the job for couple of hours and failing, lead to begrudging admission that adding sticks of TnT as one of "improvements combinations" might have been a less than stellar idea, so those get replaced with mere blinding fire-cracker instead. Amount of poisonous snakes is slightly reduced here and there.

I presume some people like the challenge of squishing fewer snakes or dodge hits from other co-workers. Good for them. I don't like it, as all these things make fractals more annoying, (much) slower, and more tedious and unforgiving and requiring meta-composition and trained players. Shifts in the evening become more low-population and getting 5 workers into same shift is now more difficult. But hey, only the voice of those who demand even more exotic shift environment is heard. Amount of shinies is the same, effort increases.
Sigh

Well you can always go t3 t2 or t1 mate if it is to much for you.

But these people just want max rewards for minimum effort. If Anet would add t5 and t6 fractals these same people would demand that they can get easy daily rewards from them also and abandon t4 immediatly

Don't know what others want, what i don't agree is that fractals been changing slowly the last few months and the reward never changes or its becoming worse, each change only makes the fractals more "fun" and time consuming.I don't want max reward for minimum effort, i want the reward i been getting for over a year with the same effort i been giving for over a year.

If they make t5 or t6 ofc i would do them but i wouldn't complain because i knew i was getting more for giving more effort.Atm I'm giving more effort but not getting bonus reward for it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:actually.. i just want a precursor drop each day in t4 :# :# :#

I once had colossus drop for me in 100cm. Sadly it is junk tier now since people keep crafting that pre with big loss for that mystic ooze item :(

oh.. one day when it rains colossus in Tyria :P is the day i get my first precursor drop .. i dont think it is fair because anet keep droping precursor to rich player in the game :p lol jktbh.. it isn't how much the precursor worth.. its special when you get a drop.. its like hey look i am not that bad luck you know lol

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Grogba.6204 said:Vindicators in cm99 were/are much worse on ensyloss during the capture phases tbh.

Vindicators are going to be disabled for the capture point phase only. The point of that phase is that one person can carry a whole team of 5 through if they are good enough. Vindicators make that nearly impossible if the other four go down quickly.

Shouldn't the whole point be that people shouldn't die in the first place, thus being able to carry their own weight? The way stuff is designed now leaves PvE in a rather sad state. I know that you can very well dismiss the META-argument, but this community suffers a lot from the meta-mentality which is why PvE-content is generally already carried nearly 100% by Chrono and Druid (at least every single mechanic is). I think your stance is entirely wrong and you should encourage people to actually work as a team where everyone carries her/his own weight. I already found it sad that you nerfed other instabilities. I mean: true, there were some ugly scenarios, but why not limit the nerfs to these scenarios (like Amalas Grenth-phase or the last phase of Ensolyss)?

I don't think you understand. There's lots of things in fractals that encourage you to pull your own weight and work as a team, including this part. Even a skilled player isn't going to have an easy time carrying 4 other players through that part, and certainly not the rest of the fractal (see Siax CM). I wanted this to be a rare moment where one person can really shine and feel amazing for pulling off something very difficult and saving the whole team. Its a great feeling to be both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of save.

Imagine how awesome it would be for one person to be able to cap all 5 points while killing 4 vindicators and dealing with flux bombs and random tentacle/bunny/skyhammer :^)

@Moogri.1935 said:

@Grogba.6204 said:Vindicators in cm99 were/are much worse on ensyloss during the capture phases tbh.

Vindicators are going to be disabled for the capture point phase only. The point of that phase is that one person can carry a whole team of 5 through if they are good enough. Vindicators make that nearly impossible if the other four go down quickly.

Shouldn't the whole point be that people shouldn't die in the first place, thus being able to carry their own weight? The way stuff is designed now leaves PvE in a rather sad state. I know that you can very well dismiss the META-argument, but this community suffers a lot from the meta-mentality which is why PvE-content is generally already carried nearly 100% by Chrono and Druid (at least every single mechanic is). I think your stance is entirely wrong and you should encourage people to actually work as a team where everyone carries her/his own weight. I already found it sad that you nerfed other instabilities. I mean: true, there were some ugly scenarios, but why not limit the nerfs to these scenarios (like Amalas Grenth-phase or the last phase of Ensolyss)?

I don't think you understand. There's lots of things in fractals that encourage you to pull your own weight and work as a team, including this part. Even a skilled player isn't going to have an easy time carrying 4 other players through that part, and certainly not the rest of the fractal (see Siax CM). I wanted this to be a rare moment where one person can really shine and feel amazing for pulling off something very difficult and saving the whole team. Its a great feeling to be both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of save.

Imagine how awesome it would be for one person to be able to cap all 5 points while killing 4 vindicators and dealing with flux bombs and random tentacle/bunny/skyhammer :^)

And when his dead teammates revive and kill the boss he proceeds to get flamed for having the lowest dps on arc :P

Archived