99CM with Flux Bomb on Bullet Hell Phase is rather ridiculous IMO

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

@Grogba.6204 said:Vindicators in cm99 were/are much worse on ensyloss during the capture phases tbh.

Vindicators are going to be disabled for the capture point phase only. The point of that phase is that one person can carry a whole team of 5 through if they are good enough. Vindicators make that nearly impossible if the other four go down quickly.

Thank you for this. Not only did I feel like I was shooting our orb carry heroes in the foot, but it made me not want to even try - because trying and failing made me a bigger burden than just /gging immediately.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Raizel.8175 said:

@Grogba.6204 said:Vindicators in cm99 were/are much worse on ensyloss during the capture phases tbh.

Vindicators are going to be disabled for the capture point phase only. The point of that phase is that one person can carry a whole team of 5 through if they are good enough. Vindicators make that nearly impossible if the other four go down quickly.

Shouldn't the whole point be that people shouldn't die in the first place, thus being able to carry their own weight? The way stuff is designed now leaves PvE in a rather sad state. I know that you can very well dismiss the META-argument, but this community suffers a lot from the meta-mentality which is why PvE-content is generally already carried nearly 100% by Chrono and Druid (at least every single mechanic is). I think your stance is entirely wrong and you should encourage people to actually work as a team where everyone carries her/his own weight. I already found it sad that you nerfed other instabilities. I mean: true, there were some ugly scenarios, but why not limit the nerfs to these scenarios (like Amalas Grenth-phase or the last phase of Ensolyss)?

I don't think you understand. There's lots of things in fractals that encourage you to pull your own weight and work as a team, including this part. Even a skilled player isn't going to have an easy time carrying 4 other players through that part, and certainly not the rest of the fractal (see Siax CM). I wanted this to be a rare moment where one person can really shine and feel amazing for pulling off something very difficult and saving the whole team. Its a great feeling to be both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of save.

No. The game itself and the mentality of the community is based on the Chrono/Druid-combination carrying everything else since those two specializations not only serve as tank/heal-combination, but also as boon-spam-bots
and
they also solve nearly every single mechanic since they are also overutilized. That is not only restricted to fractals, it's also a problem in raids. Sure, you have some niche-situation where stuff like Epidemic is fancy, but those are - as stated - rather niche.

There actually is a Skill/Trait-Overhaul-Discussion in the General Discussions Section of the forum, where a person stated this:

@"Xantaria.8726" said:I am afraid thats rather not true. In most cases where you actual have to cc in order to beat the enemy (which would be Dungeons, Fractals and Raids) the cc is managed mostly by supporter-classes, namely Chrono being the strongest, followed by druid, which are enough to cc almost every boss with just them.

...and that's not just some exception. A lot of people think that way. It's not just that Chrono and Druid do what they do well, they do it far better than any other profession and that's the problem. PvE-content is basically carried by those two specializations in every single META-setup. Playing a dps-class myself, it makes me feel like I'm redundant. All I'm doing is "just dps". It's just spamming your typical dps-rotation and it makes me feel like I'm less worth as a part of the team than those specializations.

I get your intention, but what I truly want to see is the punishment of your typical META-setup so you can actually try out some different setups/have more diversity and don't feel bad about it if you have to fill empty slots with random people. Your nerf doesn't do that. In a very foreseeable case, it will lead to a Harrier-Druid carrying that phase through simply outhealing stuff. It probably won't lead to people using a more defensive build when that specific instability is active.

That's what you should do anyways: Break the META and provide more diversity. I mean, we had toxic trail in swampland yesterday and with a condi-based setup, it was rather annoying since your condition-damage is broken when adds enter ghost-mode thus enforcing the Zerker-META in fractals, where classes like Elementalist already have a huge advantage.

Fractals are not raids, kthxbye

@Sister Saxifrage.7361 said:

Thank you for this. Not only did I feel like I was shooting our orb carry heroes in the foot, but it made me not want to even try - because trying and failing made me a bigger burden than just /gging immediately.

Yeah, vindicators are supposed to punish your team for letting people go down, but in this phase, going downed is to be expected and it just feels incredibly unfair to the rest of the team, especially since they reverse capture point progress, resulting in the blame game and generally poor experiences.

@Benjamin Arnold.3457 said:

Tbh, thats really sad. When someone goes down, you have to cc and kill the vindicator to keep it from snowballing you, which makes this phase quite a lot more fun.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Sometimes I think I'm the only pugger that likes the randomized instabilities...

Nah, I actually enjoy the randomization too. Spices stuff up and forces you to adapt. The randomization was quite a good idea.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Shouldn't the whole point be that people shouldn't die in the first place, thus being able to carry their own weight? The way stuff is designed now leaves PvE in a rather sad state. I know that you can very well dismiss the META-argument, but this community suffers a lot from the meta-mentality which is why PvE-content is generally already carried nearly 100% by Chrono and Druid (at least every single mechanic is). I think your stance is entirely wrong and you should encourage people to actually work as a team where everyone carries her/his own weight. I already found it sad that you nerfed other instabilities. I mean: true, there were some ugly scenarios, but why not limit the nerfs to these scenarios (like Amalas Grenth-phase or the last phase of Ensolyss)?

I don't think you understand. There's lots of things in fractals that encourage you to pull your own weight and work as a team, including this part. Even a skilled player isn't going to have an easy time carrying 4 other players through that part, and certainly not the rest of the fractal (see Siax CM). I wanted this to be a rare moment where one person can really shine and feel amazing for pulling off something very difficult and saving the whole team. Its a great feeling to be both on the giving and receiving end of that kind of save.

No. The game itself and the mentality of the community is based on the Chrono/Druid-combination carrying everything else since those two specializations not only serve as tank/heal-combination, but also as boon-spam-bots
and
they also solve nearly every single mechanic since they are also overutilized. That is not only restricted to fractals, it's also a problem in raids. Sure, you have some niche-situation where stuff like Epidemic is fancy, but those are - as stated - rather niche.

There actually is a Skill/Trait-Overhaul-Discussion in the General Discussions Section of the forum, where a person stated this:

@"Xantaria.8726" said:I am afraid thats rather not true. In most cases where you actual have to cc in order to beat the enemy (which would be Dungeons, Fractals and Raids) the cc is managed mostly by supporter-classes, namely Chrono being the strongest, followed by druid, which are enough to cc almost every boss with just them.

...and that's not just some exception. A lot of people think that way. It's not just that Chrono and Druid do what they do well, they do it far better than any other profession and that's the problem. PvE-content is basically carried by those two specializations in every single META-setup. Playing a dps-class myself, it makes me feel like I'm redundant. All I'm doing is "just dps". It's just spamming your typical dps-rotation and it makes me feel like I'm less worth as a part of the team than those specializations.

I get your intention, but what I truly want to see is the punishment of your typical META-setup so you can actually try out some different setups/have more diversity and don't feel bad about it if you have to fill empty slots with random people. Your nerf doesn't do that. In a very foreseeable case, it will lead to a Harrier-Druid carrying that phase through simply outhealing stuff. It probably won't lead to people using a more defensive build when that specific instability is active.

That's what you should do anyways: Break the META and provide more diversity. I mean, we had toxic trail in swampland yesterday and with a condi-based setup, it was rather annoying since your condition-damage is broken when adds enter ghost-mode thus enforcing the Zerker-META in fractals, where classes like Elementalist already have a huge advantage.

Huh? That doesn't change anything I wrote; in contrary: it's even worse in fractals and you can't deny that the raiding-efficiency/setup-mentality is basically almost as existent in fractals as it is in raids. Just look at all the t4-LFGs. Or do you want to deny that the game has severe balancing-problems?

@oowofhound.2034 said:why is it there anyway it ruins fights all the other Mistlock Instability are not to bad but the flux bomb is the worst for reason wait until you start to dps when you need to for that crap to start who came up with the ideal with the flux bomb . the first place worst ideal ever

Huh? Flux Bomb isn't that bad. Makes it so you can't simply braindead unreel your dps-rotation which in fact is a nice addition to gameplay.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:Sometimes I think I'm the only pugger that likes the randomized instabilities...

You're probably one of the very few :) the rest would be extremely happy with less punishment for same rewards ;)

Yes, lets just give all rewards when logging into the game

Imo when fractals get a update that changes the difficulty and makes them more annoying, the reward should also be updated.

Its like real world ok xD, when we have a job and we have to do extra work we get extra pay.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Sometimes I think I'm the only pugger that likes the randomized instabilities...

You're probably one of the very few :) the rest would be extremely happy with less punishment for same rewards ;)

Imo when fractals get a update that changes the difficulty and makes them more annoying, the reward should also be updated.

Its like real world ok xD, when we have a job and we have to do extra work we get extra pay.

Really depends what you work for. Some companies even find ways to pay you less than minimum wage. Like they force you to rent their tools for absurd prices. Getting fair payments in real life basically does not happen. Or the trash men, doctors, firefighters and the like would earn the highest wages of all since they are the most valuable to society. Sadly the jobs that take the least amount of effort pay best (lawyers, investment banker, insurance, CEO etc).I doubt many people would even notice if all lawyers, bankers, CEOs and the like would all die tomorrow lol.The higher up you are in the hierachy the less work you have to do (maybe you have more responsibility, but I do not think that is worth paying 10 times to million times the income of a normal employee) per dollar. And after reaching a certain amount of dollars letting the money "work" for you is better income than any honest work you could do.

@Raizel.8175 said:

Nah, I actually enjoy the randomization too. Spices stuff up and forces you to adapt. The randomization was quite a good idea.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

and

Huh? That doesn't change anything I wrote; in contrary: it's even worse in fractals and you can't deny that the raiding-efficiency/setup-mentality is basically almost as existent in fractals as it is in raids. Just look at all the t4-LFGs. Or do you want to deny that the game has severe balancing-problems?

@oowofhound.2034 said:why is it there anyway it ruins fights all the other Mistlock Instability are not to bad but the flux bomb is the worst for reason wait until you start to dps when you need to for that crap to start who came up with the ideal with the flux bomb . the first place worst ideal ever

Huh? Flux Bomb isn't that bad. Makes it so you can't simply braindead unreel your dps-rotation which in fact is a nice addition to gameplay.

i was saying when you get ready to dps some bossies it just pops up out of no where i'm talking about times when you really need to hit high dps on bossies that's what i was saying ;)

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:Sometimes I think I'm the only pugger that likes the randomized instabilities...

Really depends what you work for. Some companies even find ways to pay you less than minimum wage. Like they force you to rent their tools for absurd prices. Getting fair payments in real life basically does not happen. Or the trash men, doctors, firefighters and the like would earn the highest wages of all since they are the most valuable to society. Sadly the jobs that take the least amount of effort pay best (lawyers, investment banker, insurance, CEO etc).I doubt many people would even notice if all lawyers, bankers, CEOs and the like would all die tomorrow lol.The higher up you are in the hierachy the less work you have to do (maybe you have more responsibility, but I do not think that is worth paying 10 times to million times the income of a normal employee) per dollar. And after reaching a certain amount of dollars letting the money "work" for you is better income than any honest work you could do.

Are we stepping out to real world now? Cos Ben going to ask for wage increase for reading our post outside his work time. :p.How we get treated in real life work vs pay really comes down to not just profession focus..but the actual working condition and practice in the country we live in .. But hey now I come to realise that we live in Tyria.. We should fight for our rights to get more pay hehee... :p we need better policy for fair pay and reward if they increase players work load:p.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:

Keep in mind, this is a game. The goal isn't necessarily to be fair, it is to be fun. I'd say difficulty changes are fine. They shake you out of the routine, they give you an occasional new challenge to overcome and master. Higher rewards are not necessary, the process of mastering it is rewarding enough.

When something becomes annoying though, it's just a problem. Higher rewards could offset that, but it defeats the purpose of the game - earning more rewards through annoyance isn't the same as having fun. It's more of a job, and a one you're not particularly fond of. So whenever something like that happens, it is best to just address the issue and return the game to the state of being fun.

Frankly speaking, I got annoyed a few times on 99CM last night, but I have to admit this is more of a reaction against the game breaking the rules and making my habits and my practice not working as they did rather than the combination of the fight plus instabilities being really annoying to manage. It requires you to pay attention, that's all.

That being said, @ANet, it would be really nice if we could get some better indication of the flux bomb. Currently it is often unreadable when the whole team is stacked over the boss and there are AoEs all over the place. When you realize you're the target it is often too late and you end up bombing the party. A notification like Sloth's " is fixated" would be ideal.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

Sigh fine, let's do the job analogy.

You used to volunteer at this strange job place -- get so many shinies for so much work in predictable shifts. Some shifts were shorter, some shifts longer. Schedule was set. And then boss starts demanding that you do those things you used to do during shifts but with a twist -- standing on one leg in a small basin of somewhat poisonous snakes with co-workers hitting you. Welders from the second floor sometimes throw plasma torch on the ground, or angry lumberjack from Canada tries to whack you with an axe. You still get exactly the same pay as before.

When you ask boss why the sudden change, boss tells you that your routine work became too boring for some of your co-workers ("but I am okay with my old work... -- I SAID IT'S TOO BORING SO HERE'S YOUR SPICE") and these new "improvements" take you out of your comfort zone and make things more interesting and challenging. You just don't get any extra pay, ha-ha, the process and challenge is the reward! Schedule was a bit predictable so workers started skipping particular days where bosses' "improvements" were making the whole thing really not worth the effort, so now boss re-hashes flashcards every week.

Then you also get new and different shifts -- about 3-5 times harder (hello, shift with Observatory, hello shift with Twilight Oasis, etc) and old short shift gets turned into extra long and tedious one (cause it was too short, and boss doesn't like "too short compared to average" -- now average is even longer as you've removed the minimum from the sequence, yay math).

Cases of repeatedly hospitalized shift workers that run away from shifts screaming after trying to perform the job for couple of hours and failing, lead to begrudging admission that adding sticks of TnT as one of "improvements combinations" might have been a less than stellar idea, so those get replaced with mere blinding fire-cracker instead. Amount of poisonous snakes is slightly reduced here and there.

I presume some people like the challenge of squishing fewer snakes or dodge hits from other co-workers. Good for them. I don't like it, as all these things make fractals more annoying, (much) slower, and more tedious and unforgiving and requiring meta-composition and trained players. Shifts in the evening become more low-population and getting 5 workers into same shift is now more difficult. But hey, only the voice of those who demand even more exotic shift environment is heard. Amount of shinies is the same, effort increases. Sigh

@joyb.6214 said:I thought vindis were supposed to be disabled during capture phases? Having one of those on top of you (with a toxic trail under them) AND flux bombs is rough.

I don't think the disable has been implemented yet, just that he's working on it.

But thanks for the heads-up! Time to bench myself from 99CM for another week.

@Bugabuga.9721 said:

Sigh
fine, let's do the job analogy.

You used to volunteer at this strange job place -- get so many shinies for so much work in predictable shifts. Some shifts were shorter, some shifts longer. Schedule was set. And then boss starts demanding that you do those things you used to do during shifts but with a twist -- standing on one leg in a small basin of somewhat poisonous snakes with co-workers hitting you. Welders from the second floor sometimes throw plasma torch on the ground, or angry lumberjack from Canada tries to whack you with an axe. You still get exactly the same pay as before.

When you ask boss why the sudden change, boss tells you that your routine work became too boring for some of your co-workers ("but I am okay with my old work... -- I SAID IT'S TOO BORING SO HERE'S YOUR SPICE") and these new "improvements" take you out of your comfort zone and make things more interesting and challenging. You just don't get any extra pay, ha-ha, the process and challenge is the reward! Schedule was a bit predictable so workers started skipping particular days where bosses' "improvements" were making the whole thing really not worth the effort, so now boss re-hashes flashcards every week.

Then you also get new and different shifts -- about 3-5 times harder (hello, shift with Observatory, hello shift with Twilight Oasis, etc) and old short shift gets turned into extra long and tedious one (cause it was too short, and boss doesn't like "too short compared to average" -- now average is even longer as you've removed the minimum from the sequence, yay math).

Cases of repeatedly hospitalized shift workers that run away from shifts screaming after trying to perform the job for couple of hours and failing, lead to begrudging admission that adding sticks of TnT as one of "improvements combinations" might have been a less than stellar idea, so those get replaced with mere blinding fire-cracker instead. Amount of poisonous snakes is slightly reduced here and there.

I presume some people like the challenge of squishing fewer snakes or dodge hits from other co-workers. Good for them. I don't like it, as all these things make fractals more annoying, (much) slower, and more tedious and unforgiving and requiring meta-composition and trained players. Shifts in the evening become more low-population and getting 5 workers into same shift is now more difficult. But hey, only the voice of those who demand even more exotic shift environment is heard. Amount of shinies is the same, effort increases.
Sigh

Well you can always go t3 t2 or t1 mate if it is to much for you.

@Linken.6345 said:

Sigh
fine, let's do the job analogy.

I presume some people like the challenge of squishing fewer snakes or dodge hits from other co-workers. Good for them. I don't like it, as all these things make fractals more annoying, (much) slower, and more tedious and unforgiving and requiring meta-composition and trained players. Shifts in the evening become more low-population and getting 5 workers into same shift is now more difficult. But hey, only the voice of those who demand even more exotic shift environment is heard. Amount of shinies is the same, effort increases.
Sigh

Well you can always go t3 t2 or t1 mate if it is to much for you.

But these people just want max rewards for minimum effort. If Anet would add t5 and t6 fractals these same people would demand that they can get easy daily rewards from them also and abandon t4 immediatly

@Sister Saxifrage.7361 said:I don't know how hard this would be, but one solution to the flux bomb warning while stacking might be to have the warning circle flash one color on you, and a different color on someone else.

It's an interesting idea: there are a lot of effects now and it can be tricky to see any of them.

More difficult to implement, but more fun in my opinion: use a Venn Diagram style: one color for your awkwardness, a second for teammates, and a third for when they overlap, so you don't have to guess.Although I doubt it's worth the effort because (a) the people who aren't keeping their distance now don't seem to be paying attention to the current visual warning and (b) I'm not sure I like the idea of making the UI figure out everything for us. Still, I think it would look really cool.

Try moving the flux bomb close to the center of the map where the bullets originate (to minimize bleeding over into adjacent circles), then dodge backwards. Have your healer top off health bars before the split and save your personal heal for when you need it. Don't forget to use mobility potions to help your dodge bar fill faster. As someone else stated, if you think you're gonna go down, try to /gg before you would enter downstate to prevent the vindicator from spawning. Last night, my pug group of a BS, Scourge, Renegade, Druid, and Chrono completed this ez 1st try. No excuses...play like a champion. Good luck.

Archived