Water signet usful? (WvW and maybe PvP)

Wolfric.9380

Hi

Over a year ago, when water signet did´t reduce condi duration, i did try to stack - condi duration and if felt meh. but now maybe ?

It´s combining -20% food, water signet and a - condi duration rune like hoelbrak or antitoxin (+ traiting geomancers training) and forfiting most other condi removal (especially not traiting water). Shure it´s not imunity but i might be enough to build more offensive. What i think it won´t help much surviving against + condi duration gear so a trailblazer bunker might ter me appart.

I don´t know if someone tried it out. Maybe there are already some :-).

In PvP there is no food but also most won´t run + condi duration gear. Not shure if this might work.

I wrote WvW because in PvE i will be fine annyway ...

@Wolfric.9380 said:Hi

Over a year ago, when water signet did´t reduce condi duration, i did try to stack - condi duration and if felt meh. but now maybe ?

It´s combining -20% food, water signet and a - condi duration rune like hoelbrak or antitoxin (+ traiting geomancers training) and forfiting most other condi removal (especially not traiting water). Shure it´s not imunity but i might be enough to build more offensive. What i think it won´t help much surviving against + condi duration gear so a trailblazer bunker might ter me appart.

I don´t know if someone tried it out. Maybe there are already some :-).

In PvP there is no food but also most won´t run + condi duration gear. Not shure if this might work.

I wrote WvW because in PvE i will be fine annyway ...

imagine you are getting hit with 20k damage every 20 seconds unmitigated, condy removal means you get maybe 1k dmg, versus only having the 20% removal @ 16k dmg. Option 1 you can plan around, Option 2 your in trouble with unpredictable dmg incomming constantly.

I tried this. Couple things you need to understand about condi duration is that it stacks additively with other people's + condi duration. So if you stack -65% condi duration (signet, food, melandru) and fight a +100% condi duration player, you'll only go from 200% to 135% condi duration.

Back in the day when food used to go up to -40%, this was a super powerful combo, even with additive stacking, but nowadays the bar for a feasible build is much higher, especially in terms of how much damage you need to not stalemate a reasonable amount of matchups.

Long story short it was really really bad when I tried it. Giving up durability runes and damage reduction food is pretty much a no-no with current damage numbers, and the condi duration reduction doesn't allow you to ditch cleanse. Not remotely.

I used antitoxin runes, saffron bread, water signet and geomancers whatever to get -64% condition duration and -97% to movement impairing conditions.

Scourge zergs give 0 kittens about it, they will still kill you just a little slower. The problem is that this takes up your rune slot so you won’t be running support or at least you’d be running at reduced support not taking trooper runes. You could run a condition build (what I was trying) but ele conditions are very 2 dimensional if you aren’t stacking bleeds or burns you are doing nothing, if you take weaver for anything it’s already got an amazing condition management trait woven stride with water.

Put simply there just wasn’t any reason to run it nor was it particularily better than going all out on condition management like a weaver can.

thanx for the answers. I run durability rune and i don´t use water annyway. I can handle condis OK but i usually need to run cleansing flame on the toolbar. Without water and/or soldire rune i always struggled against condi mesmers loosing if he manages to kite me. And needless to say that i hate boon corruption. Scourges are painful for me in teamfights :-/. Well at least i win against thiefs .... And i avoid Zerg fighting greatly disliking it.I asked because i always try to build without traiting water. In PvP i usually go soldier/trooper rune which is the best on tempest ....

Archived