Half-AFK while being productive

Saucy.2964

For a little background: sometimes I work from home and am on conference calls... ect and my previous MMO had various things that could be done while sort of "half-afking", if you will. Meaning I am still on the computer checking the screen every minute or so, but my primary attention is on something else. Sometimes I would do this for a few hours.

Is there anything that can be half-AFK'd in GW2? I am about 300 hours in an have yet to find anything - I am starting waaay late in the game's cycle so I want to catch up as much as I can.

Thanks for the help!

There is a thing called afk farming. It is all about going to a place where foes spawn regularly with necromancer minions a ranger pet or engineer turrets.Now the catch. Doing this while being afk is illegal and will get your account banned. The rule is that you have to be present and monitoring the screen. So to identify an afk farmer, people are encouraged to pm them. Ask something like.’hey how are you doing’ and if you don’t reply they are ok to report you. The gm investigating will do the same, but their pm will show a gold text, if you do not reply, you are in trouble. The issue here is time. I think that 1 minute is a bit long to respond. More like 20 seconds,

@mercury ranique.2170 said:There is a thing called afk farming. It is all about going to a place where foes spawn regularly with necromancer minions a ranger pet or engineer turrets.Now the catch. Doing this while being afk is illegal and will get your account banned. The rule is that you have to be present and monitoring the screen. So to identify an afk farmer, people are encouraged to pm them. Ask something like.’hey how are you doing’ and if you don’t reply they are ok to report you. The gm investigating will do the same, but their pm will show a gold text, if you do not reply, you are in trouble. The issue here is time. I think that 1 minute is a bit long to respond. More like 20 seconds,

AFAIK they give way more time to answer. AFK farmers must be REALLY abusing the system to get sanctioned.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:There is a thing called afk farming. It is all about going to a place where foes spawn regularly with necromancer minions a ranger pet or engineer turrets.Now the catch. Doing this while being afk is illegal and will get your account banned. The rule is that you have to be present and monitoring the screen. So to identify an afk farmer, people are encouraged to pm them. Ask something like.’hey how are you doing’ and if you don’t reply they are ok to report you. The gm investigating will do the same, but their pm will show a gold text, if you do not reply, you are in trouble. The issue here is time. I think that 1 minute is a bit long to respond. More like 20 seconds,

No player has any authority to demand a response from other players. If anyone sends me unsolicited PMs of an accusatory nature, I will never reply to them and simply report them for harassment.

@Leablo.2651 said:

No player has any authority to demand a response from other players. If anyone sends me unsolicited PMs of an accusatory nature, I will never reply to them and simply report them for harassment.

Correct. If you are showing botlike behaviour and are reported, a GM will investigate. One of the tools he has is to pm you to check if you are at your keyboard. A GM will om you in gold coloured chat. So you always know it is a GM.

Players are encouraged to use the same method when they suspect you of Notting or afk farming. You do not have to react at that point and you did nothing wrong. You are entitled to not react. Just know they do it to check if it is worth reporting you and it is kind to let them know you are alive and kicking.

Archived