will there be a gw3 or are they working on another expansion

Instead of making gw3 they should look into updating and making new expansions for gw1. If it’s too much trouble for ANet maybe they can look into leasing that game to another set of Devs with the stipulation that new content follows the lore. They’ve got a whole other viable game sitting there that could be expanded and be bringing in new players and income.

@TheOrlyFactor.8341 said:

@"Nuka Cola.8520" said:I don't know how could they even hype their next expansion. Their two expansions were pathetic content wise, and the third will be just that. Are you excited for another elite spec that will be broken for 6-12 months? Is spending $30-50 for 1 elite spec per character worth it to you? Cuz that's all you're getting. The rest of the "content" will be Achievements grind (lol that's content in this game...) and Masteries grind, which is as shallow and braindead as the Achievement grind. Unless they add proper Dungeons/Elite dungeons that aren't time gated by 1-7 days and new proper pvp mode(s), i won't even consider buying their next expansion, Mirage is good enough to be my main forever, no need any other elite specs.

GW3 is the only way to go. There's nothing left in gw2. Its not improving with time. Only becoming more and more stale with every few months that passes.

Sounds like you just need a new MMO or game to play.

i always quit the game up to a year and a half and come back for couple of months when i have nothing else to play. so other games is not out of my menu. But now that i've been playing for the past month, i want to do something in pve, but there's nothing. That's what saddens me. GW2 cannot be my main game for any long period of time because there's nothing to do, its empty.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:I don't know how could they even hype their next expansion. Their two expansions were pathetic content wise, and the third will be just that. Are you excited for another elite spec that will be broken for 6-12 months? Is spending $30-50 for 1 elite spec per character worth it to you? Cuz that's all you're getting. The rest of the "content" will be Achievements grind (lol that's content in this game...) and Masteries grind, which is as shallow and braindead as the Achievement grind. Unless they add proper Dungeons/Elite dungeons that aren't time gated by 1-7 days and new proper pvp mode(s), i won't even consider buying their next expansion, Mirage is good enough to be my main forever, no need any other elite specs.

GW3 is the only way to go. There's nothing left in gw2. Its not improving with time. Only becoming more and more stale with every few months that passes.

If you think that new content for gw2 is stale and not improving then what makes you think the same people who are producing this content will make a gw3 with content you will like?

Nothing. Chances of it happening is slim to none. But that is still better than continuing this gw2, a game with no meaningful pve, forgotten wvw (which is still fun from time to time) and the same tired kitten spvp 17 people still enjoy.

If chances of them designing a more engaging game with gw3 is slim to none then you’re asking for what you won’t want for no good reason.

let me dream. GW1 was perfect pve and pvp wise. So if there's any gw1 devs left, gw3 may have a 5% of not being a disappointing mess.

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:I don't know how could they even hype their next expansion. Their two expansions were pathetic content wise, and the third will be just that. Are you excited for another elite spec that will be broken for 6-12 months? Is spending $30-50 for 1 elite spec per character worth it to you? Cuz that's all you're getting. The rest of the "content" will be Achievements grind (lol that's content in this game...) and Masteries grind, which is as shallow and braindead as the Achievement grind. Unless they add proper Dungeons/Elite dungeons that aren't time gated by 1-7 days and new proper pvp mode(s), i won't even consider buying their next expansion, Mirage is good enough to be my main forever, no need any other elite specs.

If you think that new content for gw2 is stale and not improving then what makes you think the same people who are producing this content will make a gw3 with content you will like?

Nothing. Chances of it happening is slim to none. But that is still better than continuing this gw2, a game with no meaningful pve, forgotten wvw (which is still fun from time to time) and the same tired kitten spvp 17 people still enjoy.

If chances of them designing a more engaging game with gw3 is slim to none then you’re asking for what you won’t want for no good reason.

let me dream. GW1 was perfect pve and pvp wise. So if there's any gw1 devs left, gw3 may have a 5% of not being a disappointing mess.

GW1 will for always be my favorite game ever. But I doubt if they made GW3 similar it would get really popular.

@aspirine.6852 said:

GW1 will for always be my favorite game ever. But I doubt if they made GW3 similar it would get really popular.

And why not? GW1 offered depth, a thing GW2 doesn't even know about. If they were to make it like GW1, but instead of having instanced open world, i'd be like gw2. Not only would it be popular, but it would be a dominant mmo. Why? Because it offered everything for any kind of mmo gamer. GW2 offers nothing else but open world for those who play 5 hours a week (aka casuals, the only ones i'd see truly enjoying the open world content of gw2), stale spvp less n less people care about and a good but flawed wvw.

If gw3 would have the depth and variety of gw1, it would be THE game everyone is talking about.

MMO's aren't really like the FarCry or CounterStrike game genre, if they are reasonably successful they have long lifespans and improve to some degree over their lifespan.

I find it somewhat silly/uniformed to be even asking the question at this juncture.

The lifespan of GW2 will really come down to what the Devs can do with it. If you look at Blizzard, you can see what the miracle of deep pockets can pull off over the many years since 2004.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I personally doubt there will be a gw3. The reason they made gw2 is because they wanted an mmo rather than a lobby game (gw1). In order to make gw2 they had to essentially abandon gw while they made a new game, taking on debt and the loss of income from new expansions in the old game. As long as they earn money in this game and can do the updates they want there’s no reason to drop a profitable game in hopes of (in a few years of development time) getting another game that brings in more (after paying off years worth of debts).

Yeah but gw2 engine.... they are already adding way more than engine supports it... tons of visual clutter cause they cant develop a better game due how engine works... so the game can look pretty at the eyes of casuals.

IMO this is what makes gw2 engine outdated:

• Uses more CPU than GPU
  • Max Dx9
  • WvW fps drops with a zerg just passing by.... 70-100FPS to 40ish....
  • Anet added lots of aoe spam while game engine cant handle that well with what is being spammed, u need some expensive machine just because 1 game...
  • I imagine gw2 isnt that much secure, easy to hack etc, low lvl of protections, and to make it more secure would make it a huge burden on the game itself due how game is a overtweaked fork of the gw1 engine.

Archived