Team play

montecristo.1324

The only argument for team ranked queue that makes sense objectively is having a separate team queue/ranking/leaderboard from solo/duos like they do in HotS. All these antisocial, wanting to get better competitively playing against solos, game dying because no team queue are pure bullshit

My friends can't compete this high. Since soloQ got introduced - don't exactly know about duoQ though, not enough data - I did get ranked significantly higher. Maybe because it's no teamQ, maybe because it's fewer people. But it happened to my actual skill rating, not the rank.

Offer a different Q or another gamemode for teams, that would be cool of course. Just don't mix it up.

I have to mark down that I'm not looking for a common leadboard soloq and team q. I want them seprated because they need to be separated, like RA and GvG in gw1. I just want to see my guild on a leadboard. I may also suggest that if you join an AT with a guild you get points in a guild leadboard, so we can marge the two 5man things. In that way anet doesn't need to add a new leadboard and people that like team game have a proprer rank for his guild!

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"montecristo.1324" said:Why there isn't a 5v5 gameplay more than only ATs and mATs?I mean it's unfair that a 5v5 game is unplayable in 5 people (or its' playable only 3 times in a day).

Now it's like when I go to play basketball I go alone and find people on the road asking them to play with me, while if I want an improvement I need a team!

It's not a complaint post, it's more a suggestion post to aNet to find a way to restore a team ladder or a guild ladder like in gw1. Please, it's really important for the game!

Also a good way to teach to people to play togheter is to change the current pvp matchmaking and put the old RA system from gw1 where if you win you keep your team and can have a better rewards after a win streak, it's the same concept: incentivate team play.

I'm pretty bored of selfish players that thinks only to the ranking and won't collaborate, it is the best game with the best pvp I've played since gw1, please bring back a reason to play this game as a team and I'm sure it will be rewarded in time.

Short answer: Anet is already working on an alternative solution: On demand ATs and improvements to the tournament system. They decided to go with it due to data that we don't have access to. Certainly it won't be ideal but you will need to trust the devs that it is the best possible solution.To go with it they could introduce a ladder based on the placement in daily and monthly ATs!

Long answer: In my opinion a solo/duo queue is fair and more competitive, as most play solo anyways and premades would give the few an unfair advantage. And where's the sense of accomplishment when you stomp uncoordinated solo players most of the time? A separate team queue could be the solution. But the devs already stated that based on their data a separate queue for teams couldn't sustain itself. Probably they mean it'd have long queues and end up making unfair matches anyways. It wouldn't be competitive.Therefore they are working on an alternative solution: A tournament that you can sign up for at any given time and that will start once enough teams have registered. Furthermore they are working on changing the ATs to swiss style, which means that if you lose the first round you will have a chance to come back from it. That way it ensures that every team will get at least a few games out of a tournament.

Marvelous. Here's hoping this addresses that issue.

I just looked up the old threads to see if I didn't write up nonsense :3 Was some months ago that I saw it on the forums... But it sounds about right.If you want to read for yourself:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19541/pvp-discussion-automated-tournaments/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19544/pvp-discussion-game-modes/p1

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/23342/pvp-features-in-progress-updated-february-20-2018#latest

Archived