nerf combo core guard pvp

bravan.3876

Lets get this thread for every class! (maybe except Revenant, even tho its dmg with pressing only one swordskillbutton is kinda ridiculous by having a lot of dodges and boonsustain)Not even joking, all of them have pretty braindead builds atm. But among them core guard is the biggest monkey carry, even easier than warrior to play and that means something...

fyi core guard combo is on 36s cd. You spend one virtue, 5 focus, 2 hammer, judge intervention and smite condition on a combo who is really predictable and can easily be dodged (stealth, evade, invul,...). If you fail, you just spent two 36s cd, one 20s cd and one 16s cd spells, which are big defensive utilities.

Interesting here are ppl rly think this needs any skill? Its very ez to play for the reward it gives, ofc when a noob just start focus 5 right in front of me wait a bit, then start hammer 2 animation and then port i can dodge it, maybe in silver ppl play it like that? But not when it comes from beind a wall instant with precasted skills out of LoS from max range. And that is only the full oneshot combo, hammer 2 is on very short cd, he can instant port and gap close with sword very often and everything does insane dmg during he has insane sustain with lot of blocks stupid instant dmg from meditations what also heals him like crazy and blinds. Its just way too strong for that it is so easy to get a reward from. That not only counts for hammer. Actually i don't even get oneshot by core guards, when you know there is one in the other team you know he will port into the midfight after awhile, when you look out for it you can avoid it. That is not the big problem. But even after you dodged their opener fighting them is a pain still. Constant pressure lot of it is instant, high gap close mobility infight, high sustain and even when they facetank a lot of dmg they can heal like crazy before they block again. Half Hp is taken by passive retaliation. I just log on my booncorrupt condiscourge to kill them, even with the broken chrono its still annoying to fight and tbf even the broken chrono needs more braincells than this.

Most decent players can see core guard coming at them from a mile away. Please stop posting about stuff that’s not even close to being a problem. If you’re having trouble with something, it doesn’t mean it’s OP, maybe you should just practice vs. that spec or play it to understand it more. Anet needs to fix a lot of things about PvP and this is not one of them...

There is no team playing serious anymore, there is also nothing you could play serious for anymore. I see enough teams in UGO and even monthly and daily AT using core guard. Its very strong in solo Q too. Also that someone is not used/ meta in a conquest environment with coordinated teams has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with how ez or strong a build is. It all depends for what reasons its not taken. Often its just that it has no specific role it is the best in, it still can be brainless ez and strong in duels and in solo q and WvW. Every monkey can play this build rewarding. That rly can't be denied. The worst player would be useless with everything else can be pushed by a core guard build to at least bit useful.

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:Most decent players can see core guard coming at them from a mile away. Please stop posting about stuff that’s not even close to being a problem. If you’re having trouble with something, it doesn’t mean it’s OP, maybe you should just practice vs. that spec or play it to understand it more. Anet needs to fix a lot of things about PvP and this is not one of them...

Can you even read before answering? I even said i don't get oneshotted by them myself, at least not in the normal situations you know they will come with this oneshot combo. Like at start of the midfight. Even when you dodge the opener they still have too high pressure and too high sustain and that all on an ez to play lvl. They still are annoying to fight even without getting hit by a oneshot. And the biggest problem is just, that it is so stupidly ez to play for the reward it gives. The relation between skillneed and reward is broken.

@bravan.3876 said:There is no team playing serious anymore, there is also nothing you could play serious for anymore. I see enough teams in UGO and even monthly and daily AT using core guard. Its very strong in solo Q too. Also that someone is not used/ meta in a conquest environment with coordinated teams has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with how ez or strong a build is. It all depends for what reasons its not taken. Often its just that it has no specific role it is the best in, it still can be brainless ez and strong in duels and in solo q and WvW. Every monkey can play this build rewarding. That rly can't be denied. The worst player would be useless with everything else can be pushed by a core guard build to at least bit useful.

Ye I'm talking about mAT and UGOThere is not a single competitive top team that plays seriously and uses core guardian.We are basically the only team playing core guard successfully all the time but we just troll around on 4 dps classes, anyways.If you want to play seriously and win mAT, UGO or whatever you do not play core guardian.

Guess why, cos it's so op right?

@dominik.9721 said:

@bravan.3876 said:There is no team playing serious anymore, there is also nothing you could play serious for anymore. I see enough teams in UGO and even monthly and daily AT using core guard. Its very strong in solo Q too. Also that someone is not used/ meta in a conquest environment with coordinated teams has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with how ez or strong a build is. It all depends for what reasons its not taken. Often its just that it has no specific role it is the best in, it still can be brainless ez and strong in duels and in solo q and WvW. Every monkey can play this build rewarding. That rly can't be denied. The worst player would be useless with everything else can be pushed by a core guard build to at least bit useful.

Ye I'm talking about mAT and UGOThere is not a single competitive top team that plays seriously and uses core guardian.We are basically the only team playing core guard successfully all the time but we just troll around on 4 dps classes, anyways.If you want to play seriously and win mAT, UGO or whatever you do not play core guardian.

You mean there is no competitive serious playing team anymore...Also for you: read before answering. As i explained it doesn't prove anything about opness or how stupidly ez it is to get a reward out of a build, if coordinated teams use it or not. There are a lot of lame and ez builds still not meta. Simply because another lame build is a bit better for a specific role. Also there were enough core guards in UGO and in mATs. Its senseless to argue about how serious they play. Core guard is brainless playable, its strong at least in solo q, wvw and duels. The instant meditation mechanic is stupid, it has to easy to apply dmg by too easy to apply sustain. There is rly nothing to argue about that.

Also i get tired by ppl defending a braindead spec with incorrect standard platitudes. If something is meta in conquest or not was never an indicator about how op or ez a build is. Whne you think core guard is hard to play then it is your opinion, even tho its a funny one. I don't rly care.

@bravan.3876 said:

You mean there is no competitive serious playing team anymore...Also for you: read before answering. As i explained it doesn't prove anything about opness or how stupidly ez it is to get a reward out of a build, if coordinated teams use it or not. There are a lot of lame and ez builds still not meta. Simply because another lame build is a bit better for a specific role. Also there were enough core guards in UGO and in mATs. Its senseless to argue about how serious they play. Core guard is brainless playable, its strong at least in solo q, wvw and duels. The instant meditation mechanic is stupid, it has to easy to apply dmg by too easy to apply sustain. There is rly nothing to argue about that.

Also i get tired by ppl defending a braindead spec with incorrect standard platitudes. If something is meta in conquest or not was never an indicator about how op or ez a build is. Whne you think core guard is hard to play then it is your opinion, even tho its a funny one. I don't rly care.

You are basically like those who used to complain about dragonhunter back then. Actually it was shit the whole time and none ever has used it in serious games, yet it got nerfed the whole time cos 1400 raiting garbage who backpedaled through traps in soloq complained in the forums.

Currently core guardian is a good build that is played in soloq and has it's usage. That's it. It's far away from being first choice in seriosu tournament comps and even more far away from being overpowered.

I read and reread your post. I was trying to be helpful, but I’ll just tell it like it is. This is clearly a L2P issue. If you can’t save your dodges for when they are most needed, run a class/build with more stability. That build has a decent amount of sustain, but drops quickly if focused. If you identify one, call a target on it so you can keep track of where it is and get your team to focus it down. If the action is too busy for you to pick the core guard out in a team fight, then maybe you should become a side-noter.

Your reward vs. difficulty argument is null too...scourge, spell breaker, and chrono are far more faceroll for more reward than core guard atm...

No i never complained about dragonhunter in the forum. But there it is the same, DH is a braindead spec too, ez to play, no matter how useful it is in conquest for and vs coordinated teams. Because, and now the third time (yes i know guard player always need a bit longer to understand stuff, playing power guard rly is not a good training for the braincells) how useful a build is in conquest with coordinated teams says NOTHING, absolute NOTHING about how op and ez a build is. Traps are for the same reason bad for the game like instant one button dmg skills with a lot of dmg because just an unhealthy consept and easy to use. And because DH used meditations too it is just the same reason why it is ez and stupid. DH and core are both builds noobs like to play because they get from totally useless instant rallybots to semi useless with it. A bad bunker chrono is easier to kill than a bad core or DH, this has nothing to do with how useful these builds are for any conquest role when coordinated teams play vs each other.

Really easy to play, kills unaware enemies, largely ineffective vs. coordinated teams, can you spot the balance problem? I can't.

There's nothing wrong with braindead specs if they have low skill caps and are conquerable, one-trick pony builds.. there's nothing wrong with Core Guard

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:I read and reread your post. I was trying to be helpful, but I’ll just tell it like it is. This is clearly a L2P issue. If you can’t save your dodges for when they are most needed, run a class/build with more stability. That build has a decent amount of sustain, but drops quickly if focused. If you identify one, call a target on it so you can keep track of where it is and get your team to focus it down. If the action is too busy for you to pick the core guard out in a team fight, then maybe you should become a side-noter.

Your reward vs. difficulty argument is null too...scourge, spell breaker, and chrono are far more faceroll for more reward than core guard atm...

Just nope. Sry to lazy to fight this stupidity arguing besindes the points i made. Enable brain and come again. Chrono etc are more useful in conquest yet not more faceroll.

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:Lol umad cuz bad. L2P and you might be able to slay a F2P build some day. Good luck brah.

Again you argue completely wrong, i never said that i have an issue to mark and focus them or to avoid the predictable oneshots in the start of a midfight. You just have absolutely no arguments and try to save yourselfs last word with a standard l2p argument what makes absolutely no sense. You are too narrowed and biased to discuss with. I can compare and evaluate builds no matter what class/build is my main or what i have personal issues with. Core guard and Dh are builds for dummies, that is just true and no matter how usefull they are in conquest vs coordinated teams.

@bravan.3876 said:

@"Exalted Quality.8534" said:Lol umad cuz bad. L2P and you might be able to slay a F2P build some day. Good luck brah.

Again you argue completely wrong, i never said that i have an issue to mark and focus them or to avoid the predictable oneshots in the start of a midfight. You just have absolutely no arguments and try to save yourselfs last word with a standard l2p argument what makes absolutely no sense. You are too narrowed and biased to discuss with. I can compare and evaluate builds no matter what class/build is my main or what i have personal issues with. Core guard and Dh are builds for dummies, that is just true and no matter how usefull they are in conquest vs coordinated teams.

If those builds are for dummies what builds are not for dummies?

1)chronomancer that everyone rerolled to because its so easy and efficient?2)spellbreaker and druid where my dog can survive with?3)firebrands who facetank everything 1v3 without dying?4)mirage which is like 1000 times more faceroll than core mesmer?5)scourge aka spam all f-skills at once and accidentally kill stuff meanwhile?6) holo with duable elixir s proc + paladin amulet?7) sage ele with more random dodges than druids after HoT release?8) even thief with duable steal on s/d and the current condi thief version is super facerolle and as easy as never before

Like 99% of builds nowadays are "for dummies" and super easy to do work with.Some builds are limited in their effectiveness which means they are simply not overpowered. Core guard for exmaple.

Archived