Fun ways to make gold

I'm working on making Astralaria, my very first legendary, and have hit this super boring point at the end where I'm just trying to amass mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones. I've been having a blast putting together all of the various other gifts and doing the collections, but I'm now trying to save up about 500gold to get this thing finished and am bored of all the farming I've been having to do, which is making me not want to log in.

What are your favourite ways to make gold that you really enjoy? I'm not looking for the fastest ways, because I know that they just mean farming certain things over and over - I'm looking for things to do with a decent rate of making gold that are fun to do as well. PvE, preferably. What's the thing you most love doing in game when you want to make a bit of gold?

Any suggestions welcome!

I know the best ways to make gold but like yourself I don't want GW2 to feel like a job. Fun ways? Well for me that's mixing up all game modes and metas. I'll do a meta train let's say Palawan > TD > AB > Teq. Do my t4 fractal dailies and recs, maybe do some wood farming for 20-30min while listening to music. Do my spvp/wvw dailies if I have time that day. Just all of that takes quite a few hours.

Now and then I'll do a small grind session in Istan, SW or leather farming but I am really over farming those to death, despite knowing it's a lot of gold. Now with this attitude I am not burning out. That and have all alts geared properly helps keep interest when you can just swap to another profession that's fully completed.

Honestly the main way I make gold is by doing JP ports, particularly in the Chalice of Tears. I don't charge or anything or even ask for tips, but people are nice enough to do it anyways. I do it because I like helpin ppl out and I have enough Mesmers I can afford to leave them there. As an example though I made 25g two nights ago porting up about 6 people in 10 minutes right before I logged. They all said thanks, and last night when I logged in I saw 3 had sent me mail with tips. Not the best way but I get to help ppl out and I'm not in dire need of money anyways I guess. ^^"

After I finished my first MMORPG, which was an [insert region] grind-game, I promised myself to never farm again. Which basically means camping a certain area or mob for hours. I cannot anymore. If I try, I get bored within minutes and after 15 minutes I either fall asleep or close the client. Whenever moneymaking comes up on these forums, people only want to know the FASTEST and MOST EFFICIENT ways to get money. However those are usually the tedious, boring and repetitive ones. Each of them is absolutely efficient, but not fun. I know opinions are different, I have met people who truly enjoy doing a SW riba marathon for two days straight, but not me ^^. If I want the most efficient way to get gold, I go back to work, run a few extra hours, purchase gems and trade them for gold. I want to play the game to relax and have fun.

Here we go:

1.) Treasure HunterThe basic idea is collecting Doubloons. Doubloons are a special sort of crafting-material/upgrade-component. Most are not much worth, except for the Silver Doubloon. This item is also used in the Legendary Hammer - The Juggernaut. You need to craft a Vial of Quicksilver which requires a full 250 stack of those items. You cannot really farm them, no mob drops them. How do you get them? You need a character in the level range of 21-35 and you need to open chests in the open world. If you are enjoying Jumping Puzzles as much as I do, jackpot. If not, do not worry. The developers have put plenty of chests in the open world of central tyria. It does not matter in what area the chest is, all that matters is the characters level upon opening the chest. The drop-chance is pretty low. So it is best to not calculate with the drop and see every doubloon as a bonus only.

Back in the old days we had a weird mechanism, which forced you to open chests of maps around your level and above. That is why my treasure-hunter operates across most of tyria, from Ascalon to Orr and the Heart of Maguuma. I can not do every JP I want, but most ^^. I created the character long before Teleport to Friend was possible, so I developed a funny build. This allows me to survive even in hostile territory. As every area above level 40 is hostile territory for this character (getting 1 shot from ranged mobs) it does not make a difference if I travel the fields of Timberline Falls or Orr. I have a weird taste of fun ^^.

2.) KarmaIf you talk about farming on map-chat nowadays, the rich kids will surely tell you that karma is useless and it is NEVER worth to farm it. Again those are the guys who enjoy doing riba for hours, proud owners of the "Golden Child" title ... etcetera. To optimize your karma-loot you do not need much.

• a single piece of ascended necklace + karmic enrichment
  • karma buff from your guildhall (lasts 24 hours)
  • food from wintersday events, the food & utility which grant karma as bonus. It is you choice, depending on your stats.

Once you are set, you are free to do whatever you want. I often find myself conquering the desert, looking for secrets, doing random events or helping people with the griffon-collection (e. g. Corrupted Facet, Jirabi, ...). The desert is full of interesting events and some of them are linked to achievements. Alternatively you can conquer the jungle or central tyria and figure out where those chests from 1.) are located.

What you do with the karma? This is the first daily routine you should consider doing, for a couple of reasons. The PSNA - Pact Supply Network Agents. This feature unlocks, once you have completed the Tyrian Mastery tier 3. They are a group of six NPCs which travel tyria and offer interesting goods for karma. One purchase of one item per day.What do we look for? At first we check what recipe they are selling for the 25,200 karma. It changes every day and every vendor has a different one. A lot of these recipes are classified extremely rare. Some of them, which are not account-bound, sell for several gold on TP. But I recommend to bind the expensive ones on your account at first. You will see the reason for this below. If there is no recipe of use for us, you purchase the Pact Scout's Mapping Materials. You want to get a lot of them. You can get a total of 6 per day, if you are unlucky with the recipes. That equals 31,500 karma per day as costs. Yup, karma is truly useless ^^(ironic).Pact Scout's Mapping MaterialsWhenever you open the map-screen, you see a box of different items (bonus) below the name. The one on the top of the list is the granted next bonus upon completing an event. In addition you can trigger that reward by consuming one of those items.>Pact Supply Network Agents - List of daily locations<>Map Bonus Items on each map + the average gold< (if you sell the mats on TP)As you mentioned that you are doing the legendary crafting atm, you can also use this method to get some very costly materials which you need for the weapon/gifts.

3.) Xunlai ElectrumOne of the few, rare situations where the Jeweler actually comes in handy. If you take a look on the >recipe< you may realize, that it is not really expensive to craft. All you need is sivler, gold and platinum + a Lump of Mithrillium. Which is not much expensive as well. The Xunlai Electrum is a cheap method of gaining money out of ascended crafting without farming expensive materials. If you are working on a set of ascended gear, you can focus on that and save all the valuable materials for it or the legendary. If you are on a exploration trip, Timberline Falls. This map is a giant heaven of gathering nodes, full of platinum & gold nodes. Even if you use basic tools and no mounts, you can gather stuff quickly. When there is an event close by, go for it. If you see something interesting, go for that. You will surely find mining-nodes in every possible spot. And in most cases it is platinum ^^. Timberline Falls is imho the most beautiful Shiverpeaks map in the game with one of the coooOOOoooolest JPs.

4.) Amalgamated GemstonesI mentioned Doubloons in the Treasure Hunter section. If you do not want to go for Silver Doubloons, you can also collect others and use them for the Amalgamated Gemstones. As you can see in the link, there are various methods to craft them.

5.) Rare CraftingRemember the point in 2.) Karma, where I mentioned those extremely rare recipes. As I said the recipes sell for good gold. But most of the items you get out of the crafting sell good as well. The materials are a little difficult to get. But if you play the game normal, explore and do events you will meet the crafting requirements once in a while.

If you own a Kralkatite node for your home instance, you may want to visit Archivis Salwa (heart NPC) at the Astralium in Istan. The Superior sigil of the Stars and the Superior rune of the Stars are imho also worth crafting. It may take a while to get all the Kralkatite, but once you have it, you get a nice bonus of gold.

6.) Story DungeonsThey are easy to do, even with 3-4 people, challenging with two people. You are getting a lot of mobs and kills, which means more materials which you can either use to craft or sell. You can also do a couple of exploration paths, but the story dungeons have the better atmosphere. If you run into newbies, share your experience. If you run into farm-drones, grab some popcorn and watch Gaheron die in a single round ^^. It is entertaining one way the other. Remember if you complete 8 different paths (story or exploration) you get a Chest of Dungeoneering. The badges can be used to unlock fancy skins, salvage exotic gear for inscriptions/insignias or gathering account-bound runes. Story Dungeons are very relaxing and entertaining. HotW is one of my favourites.

7.) Collecting things other people discard/useSilverwastes Shovels can be sold to guilds who are willing to upgrade their mines. Charged Quartz can be used to craft celestial inscriptions/insignias which are also used for guildhall upgrades. If people are in need of them, they pay good money. Just craft them when you need them.

-

It is always a risk to wirte down ways of making money. There is a good chance a farm-drone takes notes and milks a certain method out completely. Especially the issue with the silver-doubloons showed me what people are willing to do. When I started this, the price was nearly double as high as now. And by talking about it here I risk another price drop. But to be honest, I started crafting the Juggernaut because I am literally sitting at the source ^^. If I can purchase the remaining doubloons for a few coppers because the farmers got too greedy again, fine for me ^^.

The key is to walk Tyria with opened eyes. Question what you do not understand. You sooner or later find methods yourself. Some work better, some not. I am not a rich person in this game, but I own everything I want. If I would count all the money I used on weird projects over the years, I could buy 1-2 legendary weapons straight from TP.

One last advice: Stay away from ecto-gambling! XD

I'm a big fan of the Battle for Tarir in Auric Basin (PANIC!). Done daily you not only get an Amalgamated Gemstone, which sells for north of 1g 25s on the TP, you get tons and tons of gear from unlocking all the chests. If you salvage master and lower you'll get a fair bit of silk, mithril and elder wood, for rares you can get Ecto, or sell the pieces themselves for between 10-15s each, though some I've sold in the TP for 30-40s. And you can get a fair amount of Exotics - I see at least 1-2 week just from this event. Last one was a scepter that sold for 10G

Best thing is the event takes a maximum of 15 minutes to complete; I often find myself taking a full 15+ minutes just salvaging and sorting through the loot.

@"Silverstar.7415" said:I'm working on making Astralaria, my very first legendary, and have hit this super boring point at the end where I'm just trying to amass mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones. I've been having a blast putting together all of the various other gifts and doing the collections, but I'm now trying to save up about 500gold to get this thing finished and am bored of all the farming I've been having to do, which is making me not want to log in.

What are your favourite ways to make gold that you really enjoy? I'm not looking for the fastest ways, because I know that they just mean farming certain things over and over - I'm looking for things to do with a decent rate of making gold that are fun to do as well. PvE, preferably. What's the thing you most love doing in game when you want to make a bit of gold?

Any suggestions welcome!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_Ley-Line_Anomaly_to_disperse_its_destructive_energy_before_it_overloads this is fun also ill send you my spare coins i have like 20 or so

@czerwoni.9563 said:

@"Silverstar.7415" said:I'm working on making Astralaria, my very first legendary, and have hit this super boring point at the end where I'm just trying to amass mystic coins and amalgamated gemstones. I've been having a blast putting together all of the various other gifts and doing the collections, but I'm now trying to save up about 500gold to get this thing finished and am
bored
of all the farming I've been having to do, which is making me not want to log in.

Any suggestions welcome!

this is fun also ill send you my spare coins i have like 20 or so

Im willing to help a little too. Ty for The idea :)When i next time login ill try to remember to do the same thing.

Archived