Unkillable Scrapper ?

Last Crysis.1934

@Last Crysis.1934 said:I need a good build for scrapper that will let me flip camps in WvW and give me enough time to use the invisible gyro to get away from ppl when they come for me.

If you want to be incredibly tanky, use Soldier runes or similar runes that give you toughness and vitality.

Don't use gyros for utility skills. Use 2-3 kits instead. I know it may seem tempting to use kits as engineer since you kiddos are so used to playing the Holosmith, but hear me out: use Flamethrower for stability since it's more user friendly and if you want, you can swap the Flamethrower for the Grenade Kit or the Bomb Kit. After that, use the Elixir Gun and the Tool Kit. Elixir Gun is needed for having a ranged weapon as a Scrapper and for the weakness you apply on foes, and the Tool Kit is needed for the blocking and the cripple you can apply on foes.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Last Crysis.1934 said:I need a good build for scrapper that will let me flip camps in WvW and give me enough time to use the invisible gyro to get away from ppl when they come for me.

If you want to be incredibly tanky, use Soldier runes or similar runes that give you toughness and vitality.

Don't use gyros for utility skills. Use 2-3 kits instead. I know it may seem tempting to use kits as engineer since you kiddos are so used to playing the Holosmith, but hear me out: use Flamethrower for stability since it's more user friendly and if you want, you can swap the Flamethrower for the Grenade Kit or the Bomb Kit. After that, use the Elixir Gun and the Tool Kit. Elixir Gun is needed for having a ranged weapon as a Scrapper and for the weakness you apply on foes, and the Tool Kit is needed for the blocking and the cripple you can apply on foes.

Just Prior to POF I was running Scapper with Bulwark, Elixir gun and Tool kit in WvW. Bulwark having reflect on tool belt is really strong against spammy ranged classes, and at least half end up killing themselves from their own damage. Now that Bulwark pulses stability, is on a relatively low cool down, and doesn't require you trait Juggernaut or monopolize your mobility and hard CCs hammer skills, I'd actually recommend taking it if you want try going hard melee if Nade/Bomb kit are too awkward for you.

The problem I'm seeing with the OP is that he isn't taking advantage of the Scrappers shock value. Most roamers don't expect camp flippers to fight back..... so opening strong can catch them off guard, or force them to retreat- giving you a window take them down, or bug out when they back off to setup an attack. Scrapper also has a lot of access to Super Speed, so you should be considering how to use that as well.

No I don't like WvW and I don't like to fight other players. I am just looking for a build that will let me flip camps and escape if I need to. That is part of why I want the invisible gyro. I don't want to just repair walls and treb because that is boring so I am looking for a quick escape.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:No I don't like WvW and I don't like to fight other players. I am just looking for a build that will let me flip camps and escape if I need to. That is part of why I want the invisible gyro. I don't want to just repair walls and treb because that is boring so I am looking for a quick escape.

Why dont you just take a PvE dps build with maybe Rocket Boots + Gadgeteer then which allows you to flip that camp way faster? Letting the enemy kill you quickly and run to another camp should be more efficient than bunkering around and hustle with escapes. Plus that way its less annoying for both sides.

@Last Crysis.1934 said:I don't want to die that is the point of this post I want to be able to run and hide. If I just need soldiers equipment that's fine but I was looking for help with the hole build. Not to be told just let them kill me. ><

Why don't you want to die so bad? It's part of the game. There's really no penalty other than a free repair and a corpse run. Also regarding Sneak Gyro it's still visible to your enemies. And Soldier's gear probably isn't going to be what keeps you alive if someone really wants you dead and your only goal is to run away. It's going to be putting enough distance between you to get out of combat so you can WP home, at which point it's faster to let them kill you.

Dying is unavoidable and it would be pretty unbalanced to have something that is unkillable.

Been having some success roaming T1-3 on Rifle with Tools (1|2)X(1|3), Alchemy (1|2)21, Holo 22(1|2). Heal, 3rd utility, and elite skill is preference. Just run Rocket Boots and Elixir S. Toolkit, Slick Shoes, Photon Wall, Elixir Gun or whatever is needed really as 3rd utility. I run into a lot of 1v3+ so the superspeed + stealth disengage is helpful. Go Streamlined Kits if running a kit and won't have to run Traveler Runes. Really liking Slick Shoes despite the nerf a while ago (can go ham in HF). With Gadgeteer you get some cripple. The extra stunbreak and CC helps vs warriors/spellbreakers of which there are a lot of. Weak to condi outside of your heal and exiting HF.

Could swap Holo and go Scrapper 2(1|3)2 since we are getting a lot of superspeed uptime.

Archived