Should Specializations also have unique weapon skills?

I was thinking that the specializations for each class felt similar with their weapon skills. The only thing that really makes a specialization unique is their new weapon, mechanic, traits, and new utility skills. But what if each specialization could have an upgrade to their old weapon skills for example maybe a Reaper doesn't use a staff like a regular Necromancer or a Soulbeast uses different skills on a longbow than a Ranger.That was my thought process on this idea, because some specializations doesn't feel unique to their core class. Seeing a Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage use the same skills on a greatsword doesn't make the specialization feel unique if every specialization can use the same skills. When specializations were announced I thought it was like evolving your class gaining new abilities. Even though specializations do gain new skills and abilities to stand out from their original class, it feels underwhelming. I know that it would be a lot of work to add new skills to old weapons, but I think it would make specializations even more unique than it already is and shake up the gamemodes.So what do you guys think, should specializations have their own weapon skills on old weapons?

Typically the word "only" isn't followed up with a long list. > @"mixunez.2451" said:

I was thinking that the specializations for each class felt similar with their weapon skills. The only thing that really makes a specialization unique is their new weapon, mechanic, traits, and new utility skills. But what if each specialization could have an upgrade to their old weapon skills for example maybe a Reaper doesn't use a staff like a regular Necromancer or a Soulbeast uses different skills on a longbow than a Ranger.That was my thought process on this idea, because some specializations doesn't feel unique to their core class. Seeing a Mesmer, Chronomancer, and Mirage use the same skills on a greatsword doesn't make the specialization feel unique if every specialization can use the same skills. When specializations were announced I thought it was like evolving your class gaining new abilities. Even though specializations do gain new skills and abilities to stand out from their original class, it feels underwhelming. I know that it would be a lot of work to add new skills to old weapons, but I think it would make specializations even more unique than it already is and shake up the gamemodes.So what do you guys think, should specializations have their own weapon skills on old weapons?

Typically the word "only" isn't followed up with a long list.

Archived