Anet can you please look into changing the way permanent contract npc's work

It's very annoying to walk up to a vendor or tp npc and not only can I not use it but it prevents me from using my own within a million mile radius. This seems so silly, why not make perma contrcts all act like perma bank, no npc spawns. You dont annoy others that go out of their way to try and use it. You cant even tell the difference between usable ones and perma unusable npc's. This has got to annoy many more ppl than just me.

@Trae.2384 said:It's very annoying to walk up to a vendor or tp npc and not only can I not use it but it prevents me from using my own within a million mile radius. This seems so silly, why not make perma contrcts all act like perma bank, no npc spawns. You dont annoy others that go out of their way to try and use it. You cant even tell the difference between usable ones and perma unusable npc's. This has got to annoy many more ppl than just me.

I'd support that kind of change. The spawned NPC really shouldn't be necessary.

Yeah I brought this up a few years ago as it first started to annoy me when I got my contract npc's. At first Id feel guilty using them because of how many ppl id see coming out of their way to click on an npc vendor they needed to use and couldn't. I felt like I was trolling people every time I sold stuff or accessed my tp. This should never be the case on such a luxury item. The bank contract works perfect, no npc spawns that everyone else can see. Dont even get me started on the whole prevention of using more than one in a huge radius, I get why they would restrict unlimited numbers of them in a spot but it should be a reasonable amount not a single other one in the area.

Maybe im being nitpicky but here I am about 3 years later and still annoyed enough with this issue to make another post on it. Hopefully whoever tweaks stuff like this can hear it from enough folks and maybe do whatever they do. Are there more important issues, of course but it cant be that hard to swap them with the way the bank contract works, no npc spawns. thank you

@Zephyr.5382 said:I still feel bad when people try to use mine. Why not make it accessible to all—because it would cut into sales? Do the temporary ones really sell that well?

I would love to be able to do this for other people.

I imagine most of our temporary ones come from the daily logins, and they're hoarded because their acquisition is uncertain without dropping gems.

Also, can we please not drop hair kits / vendors / banks for those who have the permanent ones bound? Or at least be able to sell them for statuettes (or maaaybe gems)?

@Zephyr.5382 said:I still feel bad when people try to use mine. Why not make it accessible to all—because it would cut into sales? Do the temporary ones really sell that well?

Yeah that would be ideal for us but obviously this is a business so it's understandable why that would never happen even though i dont know anyone who has or would ever buy gems to purchase vendors.> @Rauderi.8706 said:

@Zephyr.5382 said:I still feel bad when people try to use mine. Why
not
make it accessible to all—because it would cut into sales? Do the temporary ones really sell that well?

I would
love
to be able to do this for other people.

I imagine most of our temporary ones come from the daily logins, and they're hoarded because their acquisition is uncertain without dropping gems.

Also, can we
please
not drop hair kits / vendors / banks for those who have the permanent ones bound? Or at least be able to sell them for statuettes (or maaaybe gems)?

Yeah having the contracts for years now my disposable ones are completely useless and would love to be able to trade them for something useful. Of course I can already envision the next post "the disposables are for the exact scenario of the original post lulz" and although true it is besides the point of how silly these permanent contracts spawning an npc that shows for everyone else and prevents everyone else from using theirs. Every time theres a patch for years now ive hoped to see this in there fixed but clearly not in todays.

• 1 month later...

I always had the TP contract and the 5 min timer to resummon in different place was manageable. But now I also have the merchant contract and it turns out I can't summon both at once. Now this is very annoying and not user friendly. I would like this to be reworked in a way that you open a merchant window/tp window like you already do with bank express. Just please don't make them disappear while running.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:I always had the TP contract and the 5 min timer to resummon in different place was manageable. But now I also have the merchant contract and it turns out I can't summon both at once. Now this is very annoying and not user friendly. I would like this to be reworked in a way that you open a merchant window/tp window like you already do with bank express. Just please don't make them disappear while running.

Exactly, I bring this up on forums every year it seems for last 3 years and never get any response as to why its like this. Could it really be that hard to implement this change so all perm contracts work like the bank, that is no npc spawns, no interaction with other peoples perma npc's and no feeling like a troll every time you drop it in a populated area.

Archived