Please nerf Twilight Oasis!

Twilight Oasis is a great practice that Anet should give as TUTORIAL when you create a character, which is how to sidestep around circles and judge when is the right time to actually take a hit/dodge. If you despair you will go down which is usually the case for players that never seen anything like that before. I fully blame this on Anet because while the content is not actually that hard, it is a huge disparity from the rest of the game (even from other fractals). If you don't teach your players how to play your own game only the ones that teach themselves are going to learn of course.

Also, DO NOT USE THE SNOWCROWS/METABATTLE BUILDS IF YOU CAN'T PLAY THEM. This is the single most important advice for any content. The people who make optimal builds are looking at speed running or at least doing the most damage possible. Because GW2 is a game based on passive defenses such as aegis&aura&boons and the occasional dodge, the optimal builds are always going to forsake defense in the form of toughness/vitality and even remove "% of damage reduction" traits in favor of offensive stats. You should absolutely not do the same if you can't avoid every single hit from the boss. Just lessen your DPS and take more protection/stability/healing, you'll still get the kill anyways.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Using Fractal potions is useful.In my case I didn't use them on T3 because I was saving them for T4, I spent a hour trying to beat Amala with a group, i was doing decently (I was always one of the two last standing, bad i can't solo balthazar prest) but It helped me to learn how Amala works because T2 isn't challenging enough to slap you in the face and make you realize how important is to learn mechanics, THAT is why PUGs in T3 is hell.

Now that I use Fractal Potions there is A LOT of differience in this and other fractals. People just need to know that these potions are crucial for T3 onwards, sad i realized this too late.

I feel like T4 is more easy than T3, because there almost all people have knowledge of mechanics and they do use potions....

@Wolfb.7025 said:Using Fractal potions is useful.In my case I didn't use them on T3 because I was saving them for T4, I spent a hour trying to beat Amala with a group, i was doing decently (I was always one of the two last standing, bad i can't solo balthazar prest) but It helped me to learn how Amala works because T2 isn't challenging enough to slap you in the face and make you realize how important is to learn mechanics, THAT is why PUGs in T3 is hell.

Now that I use Fractal Potions there is A LOT of differience in this and other fractals. People just need to know that these potions are crucial for T3 onwards, sad i realized this too late.

I feel like T4 is more easy than T3, because there almost all people have knowledge of mechanics and they do use potions....

Totally agree! The transition from T2 to T3 is huge. Major attacks from NPCs does noticeable increase in damage compared to T2 which shouldn't be ignored. This is a blind spot to most players in T3s. From my experience with PuGs in T3: Most of the PuGs are not bad players in general, the bad plays made are corrected after advising them what mechanics to look/ to avoid. There's little you can do on the spot with the ill-geared and they may reject your idea because it worked well for them; in T2 (eg. Stat wise or GS + LB warrior :sweat_smile:). Potions however, please do.

T4 is very much similar to T3 in mechanics, aside from having an extra mistlock instability. Fractal potions conversion from 'Tyria's Masteries: Fractral Attunement' will cushion the damage in T4 making it closer to T3. If a player can do T3 with ease, T4 shouldn't be a problem if they take note of the instabilities at play.

Archived