Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

@northcharm.9485 said:

@webtoehobbit.4201 said:It's times like these that drive me away from GW2 and into the loving arms of another game. If you want to retain players ANet, this is not the way to do it.

Then again how could you now how hard to create and fix content is uve probly never even coded

Said by guy who just wrote double post and don't even know how to quote two people in one post.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JDub.1530 said:You should have just NOT patched until you had a majority of the issues resolved. I tried the instance after the latest patch, and now I'm locked out of ALL characters. I have yet to find a workaround that will let me play on any of my characters.

I dont think you know about codeing or patching either so ill explain it to you as well as everyone else here how this works. So when ur trying to find the issue in codeing just like anything else you tweak and patch things ONE at a time to see if it was the contributing to problem or not. Its a slow process that anyone having done mod creation, moding itself, game creation, or any other type of computer work would know. So before you guys all go raiding on anet or any other game for not working or bugs think about this. The devs are doing their best and life dosent ever make anything easy for anyone. So please Im in the same boat as alot of you, hell i cant even get my client to open nevermind character select. I know your all tired of waiting but think about it when its done.

@northcharm.9485 said:

@JDub.1530 said:You should have just NOT patched until you had a majority of the issues resolved. I tried the instance after the latest patch, and now I'm locked out of ALL characters. I have yet to find a workaround that will let me play on any of my characters.

I dont think you know about codeing or patching either so ill explain it to you as well as everyone else here how this works. So when ur trying to find the issue in codeing just like anything else you tweak and patch things ONE at a time to see if it was the contributing to problem or not. Its a slow process that anyone having done mod creation, moding itself, game creation, or any other type of computer work would know. So before you guys all go raiding on anet or any other game for not working or bugs think about this. The devs are doing their best and life dosent ever make anything easy for anyone. So please Im in the same boat as alot of you, hell i cant even get my client to open nevermind character select. I know your all tired of waiting but think about it when its done.

I know plenty about coding. Not in the gaming field, but plenty. The first step is trying to reproduce the error in your test environment. If you can't, you're in a very precarious situation. And experimenting on a live server is a minefield. We've had to completely roll back patches if we can't get them immediately solved. A bit of a coin flip here whether or not that would have been the better decision PR-wise. I don't know what their test environment is, but the past and especially the present has sown it's has some significant inadequacies. A PTR more closely resembling their live environment might be in order, but it doesn't look like they ever intend to do that.

Waiting is fine, I can do something else....except this/these bugs are blocking people from ALL their characters. There seem to be workarounds, or eventually something just resets, but it just appeared as if their patch was making things worse. I don't mind waiting for the new content (disappointed as I was), but there were problems all over the place (we had the new fractal kick us on the final boss), and people were regularly getting locked out of all characters when something like that happened.

I'm not particularly mad at the devs. If anything I feel bad. This was a horrible time to have perhaps the worst release they've had in 6 years, with this being the first new content the influx of new players we've had recently have seen.

Hello, I'm here to add that i was disconnected during the mission "Be my guest" right after Canach finished setting the bomb while fighting the champion. Cannot login on any character at all. Must be a damn nasty bug :dizzy:I understand how hard it can be to fix bugs (I am a programmer myself), please take your time ironing out the issue and deploying a fix :)

@dalbrik.2059 said:This may help some others. I tried EP3 and quickly got locked out with these two codes. I used an older, seldom-played character to login and moved them to Amnoon. The map took ages to load, suggesting it was different to anything cached. After that I could login again with my main character, appearing in Amnoon and outside of any instance.

Sorry peeps, don't get your hopes up. This worked for 40 minutes then crashed and now I'm locked out of all characters.

If this doesn't get fixed soon Imma start a petition to rename races as follows.Human - Smol NornNorn - T H I C C humanCharr - T H I C C KhaajiitSylvari - Salad Smol nornAsura - Mind Midget/Discount DobbyHylek -Poison pepeQuaggan- OOoooOOooooOoOooo thingyKodan -Furry T H I C C human boiGrawl - Heck monekysSkriit- Shiny fetish people

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.Having paid for something I am certainly ENTITLED to expect that .. and yes, we do pay for the LS via the cost of the expansion at the very least.

There is no need to get into a back and forth over what exactly the act of buying the expansions entitles us to (there is an argument to be made that anet does not own us the LS, since if you didn't log in we would have to pay for it and if they would suddenly stop developing gw2 that would be fully within their rights, they didn't even advertise LS as part of PoF), since it is quite clear and uncontested that Anet is a company, not a group of hobbyists - sure they make money from the content. What you are not entitle to is software working with zero problems 100% of the time and especially on day 1. Everyone who has ever worked in software development or anything close to it knows this.

We're not entitled to have a working game?!

@Roxtorf.9623 said:

@MadM.4960 said:During instance where you storm the gate, half way to killing champion at the gate while defending canach getting dissconnects every time.

Excactly what happens to me.I got a bit further once, then it happened like 5 minutes after that into the same story chapter...

i had the same problem happenbut i can't get into kourna now, i just get a an error message saying for me to check my internet when it is just fine and i can log in with other characters in tyria

@Silbervane.1580 said:

PS: Try reading your writing before you post. It physically hurts to see such terrible grammar.

First of all, english is not my mother language so I apologize for all the grammar and the sentence composition, I'm still learning.I NEVER said nobody should kill themselves cause of this so don't be a demagogue social justice warrior with me, please.Also, I never said nobody should get fired, I said I would be fired if I do this. NOTHING ELSE. I didn't say such things so don't be so hypocrite.

And the free thing... They said before the release of the game that this content always was going to be free. It would be so shameful of them if they now decide to charge for it. You talk so much about common sense but you intentionaly misinterpret my post. Go to twitter to talk that kind of shit.

@"Benjemim.6857" said:If this doesn't get fixed soon Imma start a petition to rename races as follows.Human - Smol NornNorn - T H I C C humanCharr - T H I C C KhaajiitSylvari - Salad Smol nornAsura - Mind Midget/Discount DobbyHylek -Poison pepeQuaggan- OOoooOOooooOoOooo thingyKodan -Furry T H I C C human boiGrawl - Heck monekysSkriit- Shiny fetish people

"Heck monkeys" XDDD

I was in WvW. All of a sudden I was kicked to the character select screen. When I tried to relog the same character, It started to log in like normal but after a short while the error message appeared. I then closed the client and restarted and tried the same character. Same result. I closed the client and tried multiple other characters both in Central Tyria, Verdant Brink and Crystal Oasis. All start the load screen but then default to the error message.

I did not include this in the Season 4 feedback as other than unlocking the content by logging in, I have not started any of the Living Story Season 4 on this acct including the new episode.

(Edit): After posting this message and waiting a little bit I was able to log into the character that I had online when the initial disconnect occurred.

@Benjemim.6857 said:If this doesn't get fixed soon Imma start a petition to rename races as follows.Human - Smol NornNorn - T H I C C humanCharr - T H I C C KhaajiitSylvari - Salad Smol nornAsura - Mind Midget/Discount DobbyHylek -Poison pepeQuaggan- OOoooOOooooOoOooo thingyKodan -Furry T H I C C human boiGrawl - Heck monekysSkriit- Shiny fetish people

Because who doesn't love a Discount Dobby!

I'm hoping they get this problem fixed sometime today. I really want to try the roller beetle as soon as possible. I haven't played since my first series of disconnects yesterday and am loathe to try the new content again until there is a stable fix.

I dont know if this will work for anyone else but even after patch installed i still got the disconnected issue, but then i tried to log in into character selection screen and then i log out, in launcher i log in again and play and i never got the problem again. I even got my beetle mount.I just think that the server still think that i'm inside the game, so if i manually log out my account than i succesfully out of the server, and it worked for me.

@nonetito.9164 said:

PS: Try reading your writing before you post. It physically hurts to see such terrible grammar.

First of all, english is not my mother language so I apologize for all the grammar and the sentence composition, I'm still learning.I NEVER said nobody should kill themselves cause of this so don't be a demagogue social justice warrior with me, please.Also, I never said nobody should get fired, I said I would be fired if I do this. NOTHING ELSE. I didn't say such things so don't be so hypocrite.

And the free thing... They said before the release of the game that this content always was going to be free. It would be so shameful of them if they now decide to charge for it. You talk so much about common sense but you intentionaly misinterpret my post. Go to twitter to talk that kind of kitten.

LW has never been free. You have to own the expansion it belongs to and log in while the episode is current. If you buy HoT right now you must pay for the story episodes as well.

Archived