Episode 3 Connection/Log-in Issues [MERGED]

@AyumiFey.8925 said:

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.Having paid for something I am certainly ENTITLED to expect that .. and yes, we do pay for the LS via the cost of the expansion at the very least.

Bugs happen? Sometimes problems can be resolved quickly, sometimes they might be more complicated and take more time.

Yes, bugs happen, and in MMO releases they're sadly often game-breaking like the one's we're suffering from now, but doesn't mean I'm not ENTITLED to expect things to work .. when people toss around the word 'entitled' as an insult they clearly need an explanation of the English word 'entitlement'.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"MordekaiZeyo.7318" said:No. This topic remains open as long as servers issues are still there.The GW2-players was frustrated at this time because of server issues on Day one and Day two after the release of "Long Live the Lich"... It's a good opportunity to post here some recent server/connection issues.

Complaining is one thing. Being whiny over a game is another.

Same issue here...Yesterday disconnected during story, couldnt' login anymore with any char.In windows cmd line I made a "ipconfig /flushdns" and it worked a bit after that.Now I am stuck again... DC during story, have to wait couple of minutes to login again with any char...

@zolcor.2601 said:

@"MordekaiZeyo.7318" said:No. This topic remains open as long as servers issues are still there.The GW2-players was frustrated at this time because of server issues on Day one and Day two after the release of "Long Live the Lich"... It's a good opportunity to post here some recent server/connection issues.

Complaining is one thing. Being whiny over a game is another.

Stop reading the thread, then.

still get the same disconnect problem after several minutes on other maps and charackters, even after giving up on trying to play the LS... really frustrating not being able to play the game at all... would be nice to at least get a little something as compensation for falling behind in the progress!

Yesterday disconnected during story, couldnt' login anymore with any char.

Now I am stuck again... DC during story, have to wait couple of minutes to login again with any char…

Something I'm wondering about : by now, everyone must be aware that the release is buggy. So, why are players still trying to play through it anyway? (even more so if they tried it yesterday). Do something else and wait for the Anet devs team to say they fixed the connexion bug.

@Kraggy.4169 said:

@Harrik of Avalone.1867 said:I don't usually jump around defending a company from their customers, but ugh... people act so entitled.Having paid for something I am certainly ENTITLED to expect that .. and yes, we do pay for the LS via the cost of the expansion at the very least.

There is no need to get into a back and forth over what exactly the act of buying the expansions entitles us to (there is an argument to be made that anet does not own us the LS, since if you didn't log in we would have to pay for it and if they would suddenly stop developing gw2 that would be fully within their rights, they didn't even advertise LS as part of PoF), since it is quite clear and uncontested that Anet is a company, not a group of hobbyists - sure they make money from the content. What you are not entitle to is software working with zero problems 100% of the time and especially on day 1. Everyone who has ever worked in software development or anything close to it knows this.

This is by far the worse patch you all have ever pushed in my 3,000 hours of game time. It's REALLY bad. Getting dced now every 5 minutes and then having to wait 20 minutes to get back in. And that's not to mention that not being able to play the story content for the vast majority of the day due to it being broken. I realize that you all will be working on this first thing this morning, but yikes. This one is bad. A review of your testing procedures really needs to be in order. I suspect that a good portion of the new players who recently joined are going to be leaving in droves over this. And I don't blame them for one second for doing so.

@Shizlam.4310 said:

@Twyn.7320 said:Can people stop pretending that we haven't paid for this? It's produced with a portion of the profits that we provided by buying Path of Fire, and general upkeep from their insanely successful Gem Store. People have every right to complain and criticise Anet for the state of this launch, because they've paid for it. It's a service, the service isn't working. Gucci.

Sometimes kitten happens, they're fixing it so you'll get your service, your whining won't speed up the process. Gucci (whatever the heck that is)

It's not whining, it's an explanation as to why there's a flood of criticism towards Anet, and debunking the idea that the players haven't paid for the Living World episodes. It's false information and it's quite damaging to the debate. The problem is: Taking a holier-than-thou stance about people fixing a problem, whilst the same company delayed a release to prevent these issues, and creating a larger mess than any other release prior to this, since I think Episode 3 of LWS3 and its rolling restart. People are justified to react in this way. We were told that a delay would increase the quality of the experience, and clearly, that hasn't happened. If it's spontaneous, then you can't prepare for it. But I find it very hard to believe that something that effectively breaks the entire game's connectivity was spontaneous. It feels rushed and unfinished. However, I can't say it for definite because I don't make Guild Wars 2. Shutting down people who have complaints doesn't help in equal measure. They need to learn from this, and the only way to highlight how much they need to learn from this can only come from player complaints.

The community's split down the middle on this. One half is supportive, and the other half is complaining about a service that they've paid for. Once money's involved, people have the right to complain about the quality of the service. And unfortunately, this is going to create horrendous PR for the game, as the state of a release should and always will be linked to the quality of a patch. You might disagree, but a consensus among reviewers which are the backbone of PR actively seek out poor launches and focus primarily on these issues, rather than the supposed quality of the content.

Apparently "Be My Guest" gets worse with network errors the further you progress. I had no problems for the first part of the mission, after that there were shorter and shorter intervals between network errrors and now, at the (probably) final checkpoint I can't get into the mission anymore, because I get an instant network error.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@Stephane Lo Presti.7258 said:This afternoon’s build corrected several bugs and issues, but we want you to know that we’re aware that not all issues were fully corrected with the build, including one blocking player progress in “Forearmed is Forewarned.” We will continue to work on the remaining issues and will post an update tomorrow morning to let you know the status of those efforts.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we understand the impact this is having and we are doing what we can to resolve this quickly and get everyone into the episode. We’re looking forward as much as you are to this being resolved and everyone being able to play.

I'm sorry, but right now, sorry isn't enough!Seriously, the release was delayed to uphold quality standards? This is the standard? No one being able to progress?Having the same issues we've had on PoF release! Maybe a reality check would be better, and realize that the Servers at Amazon are failing to meet up with the demands of new, popular releases.After 4 months i finally convinced my brother and a few friends to come back to the game and get back. And what happened, not only were they discouraged by this, but since there's generalized instability in the servers, they got dcd halfway through a long instance of the previous story chapter, and all left.So, i'm afraid sorry isn't any where near good enough!

To be fair, if your friends quit over such a trivial inconvenience they were probably not going to stick around longterm anyways lmao.

Getting DC'd whenever the "Defend the Cannons" event starts. First DC I was participating in an event, second one, wasn't close to the event, map probably crashed for everyone. Also when I try to log in now, after the second Dc, i get the infamous network error code.

This may help some others. I tried EP3 and quickly got locked out with these two codes. I used an older, seldom-played character to login and moved them to Amnoon. The map took ages to load, suggesting it was different to anything cached. After that I could login again with my main character, appearing in Amnoon and outside of any instance.

@Multigun.9871 said:This is by far the worse patch you all have ever pushed in my 3,000 hours of game time. It's REALLY bad. Getting dced now every 5 minutes and then having to wait 20 minutes to get back in. And that's not to mention that not being able to play the story content for the vast majority of the day due to it being broken. I realize that you all will be working on this first thing this morning, but yikes. This one is bad. A review of your testing procedures really needs to be in order. I suspect that a good portion of the new players who recently joined are going to be leaving in droves over this. And I don't blame them for one second for doing so.

They do test all of their updates before they are pushed-- they personally run through the content and test every single thing they implement into the game. It is done internally and they can't actually know for sure if any unforeseen problems will arise until after the update goes live.

Clearly you are ill-informed if you think that just because something works when you test it before release, it means that it can't fail afterwards. If anyone actually thinks that this is nearly as bad as the people on this thread are frothing at the mouth over, then evidently they aren't very experienced with MMORPGs because this is just a speck of dust comparatively to the suffering I had to endure on some of the other games I've played.

Ever tried Blade & Soul? TERA? Every single update, there's scheduled server downtime. Often times extended maintenance. There is no adequate compensation for this, and minimal if any communication with the playerbase. Look at what we get on here instead with all of the effort they're putting into trying to help fix this as fast as possible.

Seriously, I'm annoyed as balls at the fact that I haven't yet been able to play the episode but try to at least think about the situation more so than our side of the fence.

@webtoehobbit.4201 said:It's times like these that drive me away from GW2 and into the loving arms of another game. If you want to retain players ANet, this is not the way to do it.

Coding takes time its not their fault the community was basicly rushing them. Then again how could you now how hard to create and fix content is uve probly never even coded

Archived