Emergency Link Changes

DeWolfe.2174

I'm hoping we have fewer tiers after alliances. 3 would be plenty for the current WvW population on NA servers, and it's certainly not plausible that the overall population will increase. 4 tiers just leaves everybody too spread out.

Regardless of tiers, I do expect the most tryhard alliances will buy SEA guilds. Because reasons.

@Optimator.3589 said:I'm hoping we have fewer tiers after alliances. 3 would be plenty for the current WvW population on NA servers, and it's certainly not plausible that the overall population will increase. 4 tiers just leaves everybody too spread out.

Regardless of tiers, I do expect the most tryhard alliances will buy SEA guilds. Because reasons.

Maybe three. But if you listen to the self proclaimed experts, hundreds to thousands of people will return once alliances go live.

It will be interesting if alliances in Anet will have their metrics tracked for matchups.

And if yes, will it be by name of alliance?

If yes again, I wonder how many times alliances will change names....

I would love to see anet address this issue so that t1 wasn't dead for the next 5 weeks for a pure ktrain, but I don't see them lifting a figure tbh.

This does make me concerned about the success of alliances. Human nature is for the easy win. I remember when people used to group up on different servers to create interesting matches. Now you see guilds known for their serious desire for fights, grouped on the same server in a tier. While Kaineng got larger than intended due to 'bandwagoners' following the original transfers, it still led to some very interesting matches. SOR/HOD is a WVW killer. Very few fights, just a lot of doors being broken down. T1 will be EOTM for the next 5 weeks. Yay. I'm hoping to get to t2, just doubt we can stay in t2 as no one will want to go up to t1 for the EOTM style "wvw" until the links are redone.

Question is, how long after that until the bandwagoner's pick their next victim server? And will Anet ever address this issue. My money would be on 'no'. And the same guilds that filled SOR will move to the next server if their ktrain isn't big enough to just roll over everything with no able resistance.

@Kitavia.5276 said:I would love to see anet address this issue so that t1 wasn't dead for the next 5 weeks for a pure ktrain, but I don't see them lifting a figure tbh.

See now, a decent human being thinking about the mode itself, and not just selfish interest. T1 is going to be a ktrain for the entire summer now. A certain world had 272 people in queue at reset. 20 minutes after reset and it's now settled down to 270. That's 270 players in queue which is enough to fill 8 maps, not 4. There's no question that this level of inequality is not viable for the mode.

Now, not only is T1 a bust, T4 is going to be as well. Simply because JQ is not a viable side in a match. If you look at kill death totals, most sides in a match have around 75k-100k kills/deaths total. For JQ, our kill death total is only 27k. We realistically has 25%-33% of the population of any other sides in a match. We're simply going to be no joy to play against because there's no one to fight against.

The Dev's need to consider what's going to happen to the game with half of WvW not being viable for the entire Summer. We need Emergency Link changes.BlackQuarry

Umm... you might have missed that 60%-70% of JQ transferred to SoR last week. Look at the numbers I've posted and then look at the world selection in game, JQ is on high. Which it'll drop in a week or so after it bottoms out fully. We're the smallest side in a match with maybe 25% of the other linked worlds population.

So when a historically over popped t1 server downsizes to the pop of the majority of servers we need anet divine intervention? Have you considered it was due to poor community, less skilled, bad pugs like the other 20 lower pop servers the high and mighty frowned upon?

@shiri.4257 said:So when a historically over popped t1 server downsizes to the pop of the majority of servers we need anet divine intervention? Have you considered it was due to poor community, less skilled, bad pugs like the other 20 lower pop servers the high and mighty frowned upon?

JQ was unlinked and in T4 during the second to last linking, we were in T1 the past linking because we had a big link.The issue is that both T1 and T4 will now be wildly imbalanced for the entire rest of the summer.All of the links are balanced except for JQ and SoR. That is why I'm asking for this and specifically for those two worlds.

Set SoR as a host server and demote JQ to link. Then give SoR the link to JQ. Problem solved, and a very interesting 2 months of team chat.

Again with the "alliances change nothing" talk from people who completely disregard the difference between stacking 2500 on a permanent server and squeezing 500 into an alliance whose allies (the other 80% of the world) are going to shift every 8 weeks. That's like saying having a penal code changes nothing because "people are going to get robbed and killed anyway, so why bother?".

As for SEA...do the SEA people really all want to stack into single alliances and PvD all the time, or do they actually want to fight other people? If all they want to do is PvD, why are they even playing regular wvw? Be careful before answering for them, because if you say they do (but of course you yourself would rather have fights), that's a rather blatant insult.

Personally I'm going to assume they play for similar reasons as I do and would rather have someone to fight.

Archived