Ranked PvP

Skugga.5298

Hey,

I really don't get it, can someone please explain why you can only duo/solo queue in ranked matches ?How are you supposed to be able to play competitive with random people that you are not able to communicate with ?The only thing you are able to do is mapclick, nobody can waste time chatting during a match.

Why is rank based on wins / losses ?Rank should be based on personal skill and not about 4 random people that help decide if you win or lose the game.Why can't rank be based on (capture points, offensive dmg, kills, deaths, support heals, revives,..etc etc)That would make more sense to me.Right now the only thing rank shows is how lucky you were to get through games with other people.

While it's true that your teammates are determined by the RNG Gods (and Godesses), you can still have a big impact on your games in solo/duo que.

Understanding your role, recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of your teams comp vs the other teams comp and basing your individual strategy on this information and how you execute said strategy will determine your rank pretty accurately in the long run.

@Sampson.2403 said:While it's true that your teammates are determined by the RNG Gods (and Godesses), you can still have a big impact on your games in solo/duo que.

Understanding your role, recognizing the strengths and weaknesses of your teams comp vs the other teams comp and basing your individual strategy on this information and how you execute said strategy will determine your rank pretty accurately in the long run.

^ This. I was stuck in plat 1 for a while until I just solo queued and now I'm top 25. A lot of it comes down to your impact as a player.

@Poelala.2830 said:

@Sampson.2403 said:While it's true that your teammates are determined by the RNG Gods (and Godesses), you can still have a big impact on your games in solo/duo que.

^ This. I was stuck in plat 1 for a while until I just solo queued and now I'm top 25. A lot of it comes down to your impact as a player.

Sure but is that competitive? Your rating reflects your skill as a solo player, but does the game mode actually reflect what it's supposed to? Your skill as a solo player could just as well be measured with 1v1 arenas. When you have 5 such individuals that can function as a team, why are they not permitted to carry on forward with that?

@Yannir.4132 said:

Sure but is that competitive? Your rating reflects your skill as a solo player, but does the game mode actually reflect what it's supposed to? Your skill as a solo player could just as well be measured with 1v1 arenas. When you have 5 such individuals that can function as a team, why are they not permitted to carry on forward with that?

No ones disagreeing that making your own team and being on discord is way more competitive. But given that this is what we got, you have to live with it. The point is that its not all luck, you do have some say in what your rank will be, even if the conditions of the ranked mode are sub optimal.

The answer about the solo / duo queue only is simple. It is just the community who is overthinking it:The leaderboard measures individual performance and in a team which communicate you can do better than as a solo player.

I am not against a team queue but the current leaderboard is not really useful for that. We could do a team based leaderboard but then if someone from your team cannot make it / is busy etc than your team would be down to 4 guys which would impact your performance / ranking.

So to answer the incoming know-it-alls about why there is no team queue is:

1. You can make a 5 v 5 team queue but the queue would be long.
  2. If one of your team mate would not be able to do it than the other 4 would need to solo queue if separate team queue / solo queue is introduced.
  3. If separate team queue and solo queue would not be introduced the teams which formed would be blaming the non-party members for everything in the match adding to the already high toxicity. Yes there are people who would not do that but let's be honest they are the minority
  4. If team queue would be a thing and would not be separated by solo queue people who do not have their team mates online or have no team formed yet would try to get in a team but seeing at past experiences those teams would demand ridiculous things from you and you wouldn't be able to join teams which were already formed excluding a big part of the players. Again there are people who are not like that but again they are the minority.
  5. Everyone is coming out that long ago there was a statistic that teams had a higher chance of loosing against solo queue team which disappeared for some reason. Even if that is true we do not know the quality of those matches. Was it total destruction for the pre-made team? Was it near fights? etc.

Why are the ranks based on win /losses? Simple again.You can have all the top stats of the world in the end of the match and people could still point at that one guy who has no top stats still made a decision which could win your game (using map mechanics at the right time / confusing the enemy / downing an important person from the enemy team / giving some extra healing for the main support etc.).It is difficult to create an automated system which recognizes match changing behavior and would be unfair that a person who got plethora of stats just by standing on one of the points get a better rank than the person who has given their all and used out a moment to give the team a big advantage.

@pah.4931 said:Because every competitive game and sport, at its highest level, always consists of randomly generated teams of strangers with poor communication tools.

People in competitive games and sports are paid to play in that team and are awarded with real life benefits for winning. In our game the players are not competitive players who can play the game and get real life earnings from it.

@Solidaris.5423 said:

@"pah.4931" said:Because every competitive game and sport, at its highest level, always consists of randomly generated teams of strangers with poor communication tools.

People in competitive games and sports are paid to play in that team and are awarded with real life benefits for winning. In our game the players are not competitive players who can play the game and get real life earnings from it.

Moot.

True or false. The best competitive experience is with pre-made teams of players who know each other and are able to communicate.

The current ranked experience is the antithesis of competition. It's not even the "lesser of two evils" ... it is a system created for players to farm rewards with the illusion of competition.

@pah.4931 said:

@pah.4931 said:Because every competitive game and sport, at its highest level, always consists of randomly generated teams of strangers with poor communication tools.

Moot.

True or false. The best competitive experience is with pre-made teams of players who know each other and are able to communicate.

The current ranked experience is the antithesis of competition. It's not even the "lesser of two evils" ... it is a system created for players to farm rewards with the illusion of competition.

True or False. If I already have a team I would not close out people other than my teammates to play with if I am not forced to.

Just because the game mode name is Ranked doesn't mean we need to be serious about it as competitive sports people. Ranked can also mean that you want to test and measure your skills agains people who also want to test and measure their own skill.

But yeah solo queuers are people who do not want teams to come back because they are lone loosers...while team queue favorers are so open minded and friendly and loveable. They absolutely would not exclude out people if they have the option for it!

I already explained above:

1. If separate team queue and solo queue would not be introduced the teams which formed would be blaming the non-party members for everything in the match adding to the already high toxicity. Yes there are people who would not do that but let's be honest they are the minority
  2. If team queue would be a thing and would not be separated by solo queue people who do not have their team mates online or have no team formed yet would try to get in a team but seeing at past experiences those teams would demand ridiculous things from you and you wouldn't be able to join teams which were already formed excluding a big part of the players. Again there are people who are not like that but again they are the minority.

Archived