necro staff build for pve?

bara yaoi.3824

The only staff build that does reasonable damage is a Chill of Death condi build. Even then, it's not the primary weapon, just one you swap to to burn cooldowns or build LF. Start in staff >2-3-BIP-4-2 >swap to scepter > Reaper Shroud - 5-4-2 > Sceptre 2-5-3-AA and so on. Use BIP and Shadow Fiend on cooldown; use staff 4 and dagger 4 as needed to transfer your self-bleeding from BIP. Unless you desperately need life force, which you usually won't unless you mess up ;) Use Shroud to cover the downtime on staff from after your burn your CD's so you aren't wasting DPS on the horrible autoattack.

You should see Bleeding ticks up to 8k after your Reaper Shroud condi bomb, and 4k the rest of the time, if playing solo (unbuffed). Easily bursts to 10k stacks and 5k sustained when buffed.

I use Blood most of the time because I run with friends who, um, go down a lot, so it's the best support spec in the game for playing with them. You can easily swap it for Soul Reaping (Dhuumfire + Soul marks) or Death Magic (free condi transfer from minions and extra tankiness) if you prefer; none of the choices affect DPS much.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Yjk0QbNWdD+0A/NWKGsoAwAIBE3DHiJxpfwMYHA-jxxFQBLU53+U/BAXEgQqE8E7PwrnAws0BAA-e

@"Rhyse.8179" said:The only staff build that does reasonable damage is a Chill of Death condi build. Even then, it's not the primary weapon, just one you swap to to burn cooldowns or build LF. Start in staff >2-3-BIP-4-2 >swap to scepter > Reaper Shroud - 5-4-2 > Sceptre 2-5-3-AA and so on. Use BIP and Shadow Fiend on cooldown; use staff 4 and dagger 4 as needed to transfer your self-bleeding from BIP. Unless you desperately need life force, which you usually won't unless you mess up ;) Use Shroud to cover the downtime on staff from after your burn your CD's so you aren't wasting DPS on the horrible autoattack.

You should see Bleeding ticks up to 8k after your Reaper Shroud condi bomb, and 4k the rest of the time, if playing solo (unbuffed). Easily bursts to 10k stacks and 5k sustained when buffed.

I use Blood most of the time because I run with friends who, um, go down a lot, so it's the best support spec in the game for playing with them. You can easily swap it for Soul Reaping (Dhuumfire + Soul marks) or Death Magic (free condi transfer from minions and extra tankiness) if you prefer; none of the choices affect DPS much.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7Yjk0QbNWdD+0A/NWKGsoAwAIBE3DHiJxpfwMYHA-jxxFQBLU53+U/BAXEgQqE8E7PwrnAws0BAA-e

Might be overthinking this, op just wants to see bifrost with the scythe thing on it for as long as possible

Archived