The next expansion ?

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:Mounts? Thats what you care most about in the next expansion? Dont they come out with new mounts every other week? Why is it so important for the next expansion to have even more mounts? I rather them work on actual content then reskins of mounts.

They mean new like Roller Beetle, not new like Desert Racer Licenses

the roller beatle is not new. Its a legacy thing from gw1 that they brought into gw2....also i have yet to get a single mount. Im pretty much just a pvper.

then why do you care about expansions?
“The only thing from expansions you’ll see in PvP are the elite specs, and those you’ll be getting regardless

I care because i want the game to expand with content, not just fansy skin jobs that are just for the eye balls, and dont actually create new content.

You said yourself that you don't even own any of the mounts, and considering you get the raptor just for starting PoF's story, it means you have yet to play it. So what content do you care about then?

• 4 months later...

-Something with UW and FoW. Many fun memories of choking gas + shadow monk = proud to use a longbow

-That big floating castle which has been around since Prophecies (seen on the south east corner of Kessex)(Perhaps it will grant access to those new maps we all wanna see)

-Far shiverpeaks and EOTN sound cool (thought not entirely new)

My personal wishlist:

• New race
  • Dominion of Winds + playable tengu race
  • Underwater focused expansion + new underwater weapons/skills + underwater mount(s) (+ playable largos race for bonus points)
  • Depths of Tyria
  • Mists
  • Other planets
  • New continent
  • If Cantha, do something new with it, make it fresh
  • No more desert, snow, or jungle pls

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

@"Cynder.2509" said:Honestly I don't care for anything except that we'll get to see Cantha again and perhaps see this other continent that was never released before but planned before the development of gw2 which had a aztec theme.

From my understanding Utopia was set in the mists on another world.

Yeah it was based on aztec theme, originally they wanted to add more asuras with that expansion, especially the stotyline speaking of golems, seeing them at their Apogee. But finally the asuran part was integrated in Eotn. The setting is the mist yeah, with mainly a city that keep changing itself made of gears. But kinda sound like a "all in the bag expansion": ~sylvaris, ~asuras, ~aztec ruins , ~mist.....

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_UtopiaSee storyline, setting.

It I think exploring new lands and story can be done easily enough through living story. May be slower and not as in depth as it would be with an expansion, but when were talking about expansions and what we want in them or why we want them for me it’s just a matter of features that are impossible to implement in the scope of s story episode. At least from what we have to go by so far. Elite specs, features like gliding and mounts, features like guild halls. Things that effect many different aspects of the game and require a lot more resources and time to develop. Theoretically they could still have another team dedicated to these kinds of features and integrate them in episodes without requiring the standard episode releases to be effected, but it doesn’t seem like that’s the plan.

@ElectricGoat.8253 said:Blood legion homelands is the obvious choice for the next expansion pack.

We're probably getting a BL homeland map next LW episode or next season based on the many map updates in that area corresponding to the timing of the episodes.

An eastern Ascalon or underwater based expansion with Bubbles seems most likely to me. Don't think we're getting Cantha next expac since we just had a human centric expac and two LW seasons in a row. Definitely don't see us getting new races anytime soon because they said it would be too much work with too little payoff, which I agree with and would rather prefer better story and environment.

@epocabuia.7124 said:I am not looking at this through the sell or new customer window, or even new mechanics window, but i'd say if it was possible to make this game in the first place, it is possible to do anything else. I would say, storywise, it is possible to tie the ongoing issues to Cantha via Balthasar and Zaishen Order. I would very much like to visit Cantha and in my mind, it is even possible (and wondrous) to bring the Tengu population back to Cantha as a side objective. New race (i'm not saying playable but oh i wish), new continent, new and old cultures to explore.

If you're gonna comment on this, please try not to be the buzzkill of the conversation by saying how it cannot be, instead maybe add to how IT CAN BE, because you're a human being and there is very little stuff that is impossible for human beings once they put their minds to it.

There are so many buzzkills when it comes to Cantha and Tengu. It is definitely not impossible and there are a lot of ways that they could incorporate the current storyline into it, or even make up something new. I think really the only reason for Anet to not do it is if NCSoft still says not to, but that was years ago and they might let it slide now. Personally I think that we’ll see the blood legion homelands this next living world and then go back to the desert at the end as a last couple little visits and we’ll hear about something to do with Cantha that will lead us into an expansion there. Hopefully something like that happens, but anyway I definitely agree that Cantha can happen and I’m tired of people thinking it’s impossible. Let’s let the idea of Cantha stay alive and only pour positivity into it!

Archived