DC+return=dishonor

Elvarazsollak.5193

Love the new system. Last season I DCd several times, thnx to the very stable gw2 servers at AWS, but I always connected back and finished matches without any problem. Now this season the awesome new system hits you in the face with dishonor when you disconnect thnx to gw2 (guid chat works, internet works, only pvp map keeps you running into wall then disco you), reconnect and finish the match. Great feeling. Again, thnx Anet.

@Elvarazsollak.5193 said:oh I'm not going there and traceroute their problem. As guildchat and browsing and everything else working it is the pvp instance at fault. And it is rare enough to not bother. My problem is the new dishonor even when I'm back in game and finish the match.

This sounds like a you problem and not an ANet problem. ANet doesn’t control every hop from you to the AWS servers but if they did then sure, this would be their problem.

There’s no mention of dishonor changing so it’s been the same way for quite some time.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

There are 9 people in the match who didn’t DC,

I was thinking this. If its Anet, wouldn't more ppl in the same match have disconnected as well? I know you can randomly DC due to Anet in WvW, however don't think it works the same in PvP....unless im mistaken, which I will gladly admit

it can happen server side... havent seen it in a long time but last time I did only 3 people connected to the match... this was probably around 2 years ago though or maybe 3, had a picture of the game on my old computer because I was so proud of myself for winning a game 1v2..

@kin korn karn.9023 said:... all because of your connection. Man up and take the hit.

I would. If it was my connection. Apparently I am not clear so I repeat myself for you: guild chat still works IN GAME, internet browsing works, any other internet related app/site/feature still works. Now please tell me again how my connection sucks and how I made 9 other people life miserable because once a week Anet server shard of the pvp match DCs me and I reconnect and still get a slap in my face.

@Talos.9608 said:That's why i got SSD, return there before respawn is ready :D

I have a M.2 I cannot return before respawn because the game client does not let me out. The controls are not working but I can still chat with my guild mates. If I close the client before the game client actually logs me out, I cannot login back until the timeout from the pvp server shard happens.

@phokus.8934 said:This sounds like a you problem and not an ANet problem. ANet doesn’t control every hop from you to the AWS servers but if they did then sure, this would be their problem.

see above

There’s no mention of dishonor changing so it’s been the same way for quite some time.

This happened last season a few times. I never got dishonor when I was able to return to the match and finish it.

@Elvarazsollak.5193 said:If it was my connection. Apparently I am not clear so I repeat myself for you: guild chat still works IN GAME, internet browsing works, any other internet related app/site/feature still works. Now please tell me again how my connection sucks and how I made 9 other people life miserable because once a week Anet server shard of the pvp match DCs me and I reconnect and still get a slap in my face.

Here's the thing: you can have lots and lots of packet loss and still get internet browsing, guild chat, and all sort of other stuff. Plus, you can get good connection to one server and bad connection to another in the same area, depending on the route your signal takes. Just because some of your internet is working fine doesn't mean the problem isn't closer to home.

The point is that there's no way to be sure until you troubleshoot. You can self diagnose or you can get ANet's help. Up to you.

And finally, regardless of whether you're right or not, ANet still needs actual data from you before they can do anything to fix it. Unless the problem is happening to everyone (and I hope you can see that it is not), there's nothing for them to do.

tl;dr take a few minutes of your time or resign yourself to getting DC'd and dishonor without warning.

Archived