A question for WvW Legendary Armour collectors

Adzekul.3104

So I have 1 set already (heavy) and am working on a second (light). My WvW rank has recently exceeded 1600 and I now have access to some pieces of the "expensive" ascended set.

How do you all do the legendary armour crafting? Do you do it with the "cheaper" set or the "expensive" set? And what about those like me who have made it with the "cheaper" set already ... once you get the rank, do you collect the "expensive" skins and salvage (or use) the armour pieces?

Thanks for answers and opinions.

The only difference between the 2nd and 3rd Tier (T1 being exotic) are the skins and how much skirmish/memories they cost. And note that you do need to purchase the T2 armor of a given weight to unlock the T3 version for purchase. Once upgraded to legendary, they're functionally identical, but they keep the skin of whatever was used as its pre-cursor (only the Raid armor gets a skin change on promotion).

Unless you have a reason to salvage, you're better off keeping unused Ascended armor pieces to use on other characters for their builds. But do note that trying to stat change WvW asc armor via MF changes the itemID in the process, and can no longer be used as a Precursor for WvW Legendary armor promotion.

Once promoted to Legendary, you could always just unlock the T3 skin, transmute the already Legendary T2 armor with the new skin, and then use the T3 set for another character/legendary set.

T2 is cheaper as far as memories of battle, and skirmish claim tickets are concerned, but costs more if you count the marks needed. So if you count the marks T3 is cheaper in the long run. You can finish quicker with T2 though because of weekly time gating on the skirmish claim tickets. To me I'd rather do T3 and have less gold cost, I'm fine waiting longer because of weekly claim ticket cap.

Archived